Vinod Khanna Height, Weight, Age, Death Cause, Wife, Biography & More
|Real Name||Vinod Khanna|
|Profession||Actor, producer, politician|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (Approx.)||in centimeters- 178 cm
in meters- 1.78 m
in Feet Inches- 5’ 10”
|Weight (Approx.)||in Kilograms- 88 kg
in Pounds- 194 lbs
|Eye Colour||Dark Brown|
|Hair Colour||Salt & Pepper|
|Date of Birth||6 October 1946|
|Date of Death||27 April 2017|
|Age (as on 27 April 2017)||70 Years|
|Birth Place||Peshawar, North-West Frontier Province, British India (now Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, Pakistan)|
|Place of Death||HN Reliance Foundation and Research Centre, Girgaon, Mumbai|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Libra|
|School||St. Mary's School, Mumbai
St. Xavier's High School, Fort, Mumbai
Delhi Public School, Mathura Road, Delhi
Barnes School, Deolali, Nashik
|College||Sydenham College, Delhi|
|Educational Qualifications||Degree in Commerce|
|Debut||Film: Man Ka Meet (1969)
Political: Vinod Khanna joined the Bhartiya Janta Party (BJP) in 1997 and was elected from the Gurdaspur constituency in the 1998 Lok Sabha Polls.
|Family||Father- Kishanchand Khanna (Textiles Businessman)
Mother- Kamla Khanna
Brothers- Pramod Khanna
|Address||13/C Elpallazo, Little Gibbs Road, Malabar Hills, Mumbai|
|Controversies||• During the shoot of Mahesh Bhatt's "Prem Dharam (1992)", a steamy bed scene between leads Vinod Khanna and actress Dimple Kapadia left the latter embarrassed. Reportedly, Khanna continued with kissing Dimple even after the director shouted 'Cut'. Things turned worse when the crew had to forcefully pull Khanna out of the bed. Later, the actor apologized to Dimple stating that he had lost control over his senses as he was drunk.
• Vinod Khanna and Madhuri Dixit's intimate scene in the film Dayavan (1988) created quite a stir at the time of the movie's release. The fans were reportedly upset by the fact that Khanna was around 20-years older than Madhuri.
|Favourite Directors||Prakash Mehra, Mahmohan Desai, Raj Khosla, Feroz Khan|
|Favourite Actors||Dilip Kumar, Marlon Brando|
|Favourite Film||Mughal-E-Azam (1960)|
|Girls, Affairs and More|
|Affairs/Girlfriends||Amrita Singh, Actress
Kavita Daftary, Businesswoman (m.1990-present)
|Marriage Date||15 May 1990 (with Kavita Daftary)|
|Children||Sons- Rahul Khanna (Elder), Akshaye Khanna (Both Actors),
Sakshi Khanna (Son from present wife)
Daughter- Shraddha Khanna (Daughter from present wife)
Some Lesser Known Facts About Vinod Khanna
- Does Vinod Khanna smoke: No (used to smoke)
- Does Vinod Khanna drink alcohol: No
- Khanna was born in a Punjabi family. Soon after his birth, the country underwent partition and his family migrated from Peshawar to Mumbai.
- Khanna aspired to be an engineer at first; however, his father admitted him to a commerce college so that he could assist in carrying the family business (of textiles) forward.
- He was never interested in getting a commerce degree and hence started participating in other co-curricular activities in college, one of which was “theater”.
- During the same time, he fell in love with one of her theater mates named Gitanjali. After a few months of courtship, the couple decided to get married as soon as they find some employment.
- In an interview, Khanna revealed that his father never supported any decision that he made. When Khanna told his father that he wanted to act, his father pointed a gun at him and said that Khanna would breathe his last if he goes against his father’s decision. However, her mother intervened and eventually convinced the ‘head of the family’, but with a condition that if Khanna fails to establish himself even after a period of two years, he would then join the family business.
- Fortunately for Khanna, within a week of release of his debut film, Mann Ki Baat, the actor had as many as 15 film offers on the table.
- In a weird move, Khanna completely abandoned his acting career in 1982 and became a disciple of spiritual guru- Osho. For this purpose, he immigrated to “Rajneeshpuram”, Osho’s commune in the United States, where he stayed for about five years, and became the latter’s “gardener”.
- Back here, his wife, Gitanjali, and their sons- Akshaye and Rahul felt completely deserted. As a result, the couple eventually divorced and Khanna joined the film industry again.
- Khanna’s 1980 Blockbuster film, Qurbani, was first offered to Amitabh Bachchan. The latter, however, denied the offer and his ‘loss’ became Khanna’s ‘gain.’
- Interestingly, Sanjay Dutt’s debut film, Rocky, was first offered to Vinod Khanna.
- Although the film industry was booming with the likes of Amitabh Bachchan, Rajesh Khanna, Rishi Kapoor, Jeetendra, Dharmendra and Jackie Shroff, Khanna still managed to become the second highest paid actor from 1987-1994.
- In July 2002, Khanna was appointed the Union Minister for culture and tourism.