- Does Annu Kapoor smoke?: No (Earlier, he used to smoke but now he doesn’t smoke)
- Does Annu Kapoor drink alcohol?: Yes
- When Annu was a child, he wanted to become a surgeon or an IAS but his family could not afford to send him to a medical college.
- Due to financial problems, he quit his studies after Class X and ran a tea stall, sold dummy currencies for a while, ran a fire-cracker shop, and sold lottery tickets.
- When he saw nothing else happening, he then joined his father’s Parsi theater company.
- In 1976, he joined NSD (National School of Drama) in New Delhi on her elder brother Ranjit Kapoor’s suggestion.
- Although his real name is Anil Kapoor, he chose Annu Kapoor as his screen name in order to avoid confusion with actor Anil Kapoor.
- His father belongs to a Punjabi family while his mother belongs to Bengali family.
- His father originally came from Peshawar, Pakistan and motivated her wife (Annu’s mother) to learn Urdu, Persian and Arabic and after some time, she became a teacher of Urdu.
- In 1981, Annu acted in the play Ek Ruka Hua Faisla in Mumbai, in which he played the role of a 70-year-old man. Impressed by his performance, Shyam Benegal, a renowned movie director, then signed him for his film Mandi (1983).
- He hosted the famous vocal reality show Antakshari from 1993 to 2006.
- Annu Kapoor runs a show- Suhaana Safar with Annu Kapoor on BIG 92.7 F.M. In the show, he talks about vintage Bollywood movies and its music.
- His first wife Anupama is from America and was 13 years younger to him.
- On 13 December 2008, he got angry on the set of Ek Se Badhkar Ek – Chota Packet Bada Dhamaka and fought with Kunal Kohli because Kunal was against his decision regarding extra marks given to Tanmay (Contestant).
- Apart from being an actor, he is also a director; he directed the film Abhay (The Fearless) for which he received the V. Shantaram Award for the Best Director and the film also won the 1994 National Film Award for Best Children’s Film.
- He also won several awards for the film Vicky Donor (2012), in which he played the role of a fertility expert doctor.
📢⚡TRENDING: List of IPL Winners (2008-2018)