|Full Name||Satish Chandra Kaushik|
|Profession(s)||Actor, Producer, Director, Screenwriter|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 165 cm
in meters- 1.65 m
in feet inches- 5’ 5”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms- 90 kg
in pounds- 200 lbs
|Hair Colour||Salt & Pepper|
|Debut||Film (Director): Roop Ki Rani Choron Ka Raja (1993)
Film (Actor): Masoom (1983)
TV (Actor): The Great Indian Family Drama (2015)
|Awards, Honours, Achievements||• Filmfare Best Comedian Award For Ram Lakhan (1990)
• Filmfare Best Comedian Award For Saajan Chale Sasural
• Screen Videocon Award for Philips Top Ten for co-writing and anchoring the show
|Date of Birth||13 April 1956|
|Age (as in 2018)||62 Years|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Aries|
|Hometown||Dhanounda, Mahendragarh district, East Punjab|
|College/University||• Kirori Mal College, New Delhi (1972)
• National School of Drama (NSD), New Delhi (1978)
• Film and Television Institute of India, Pune
|Educational Qualification||Not Known|
|Controversy||Apart from Bollywood, he was a part of Chandigarh Film City project in alliance with Parsavnath Developers (a real estate company). Parsavnath Developers had to leave the venture when it was exposed by the media for their foul play caught red-handed in the project. Satish later got a clean chit in the case.|
|Girls, Affairs, and More|
|Marriage Date||12 May|
Daughter- Vanshika Kaushik
|Parents||Names Not Known|
|Siblings||Brother(s)- 2, Names Not Known
Sister(s)- 3, Names Not Known
|Favourite Director(s)||Robert De Niro, Abhishek Chaubey|
|Favourite Actor(s)||Salman Khan, Anil Kapoor, Jackie Shroff, Amitabh Bachchan, Om Puri, Varun Dhawan|
|Favourite Actresses||Sri Devi, Madhuri Dixit, Kajol|
|Favourite Film(s)||Upkar (1967), Mughal-E-Azam (1960), Madhumati (1958)|
|Favourite TV Shows||Mahakumbh, Razia Sultan, Devon Ke Dev...Mahadev
|Net Worth (approx.)||₹6.3 Crore|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Satish Kaushik
- Does Satish Shah smoke?: Not Known
- Does Satish Shah drink alcohol?: Yes
- He grew up in Naiwala Gali, Karolbagh, Delhi, then moved to Pune after completing his graduation and took admission in the Film and Television Institute of India.
- Although he is one of the established film actors, he is still connected to the theatres.
- One of his noted roles as a theatre artist is of “Willy Loman” in ‘Salesman Ramlal’ (a Hindi-language play).
- In 1983, he got an opportunity to work with Shekhar Kapoor as an assistant director in the film ‘Masoom’. He also appeared in the film as an actor.
- He wrote the dialogues for the Bollywood flick ‘Jaane Bhi Do Yaaron’ (1983) directed by Kundan Shah, and also worked as an assistant director and actor as well.
- His directorial debut was with the film ‘Roop Ki Rani Choron Ka Raja’ (1993), starring Sridevi, Anil Kapoor, Jackie Shroff, Johnny Lever, and Anupam Kher. His second directorial film was Prem (1995). Both of his films were box office disasters.
- He did not stop making films despite the failure he faced. In 1999, he gave his first hit ‘Hum Aapke Dil Mein Rehte Hain’ to Bollywood.
- In 2003, his directorial film “Tere Naam,” starring Salman Khan and Bhumika Chawla, hit the box office bagging public and critics acclaim.
- He co-founded a new film company named ‘Karol Bagh Productions’ with Anupam Kher, who was his batchmate in NSD.
- In 2009, his directorial film ‘Teree Sang’ throws light on the issues of teenage pregnancy. It was the first film made under his production house.
- After 16 years of his marriage with Shashi Kaushik, the couple was blessed with a baby girl (2012). In an interview, he revealed that he had lost his two-year-old son ‘Shanu’ before Vanshika’s birth.
- He was in the pivotal role in SAB TV’s show ‘The Great Indian Family Drama as Nawaab Jung Bahadur’ in 2015.
- In 2015, he supported the student’s protest against the FTII.
- In 2016, he returned on the big screen after a considerable gap with the show, ‘Sumit Sambhal Lega’ playing the role of Sumit’s father.
- In April 2018, Satish took to the Twitter on the completion of 25 years of his first directorial film, “Roop Ki Rani Choron Ka Raja,” and apologized to producer Boney Kapoor because the film was a box office failure which left Boney broke after its release.
- In 2018, he was seen playing the role of Diljit Dosanjh‘s father in the film “Soorma.”
- Most noted roles of all time of his acting career were: “Calendar” in Mr India, “Chanu Ahmed” in Sarah Gavron’s British film ‘Brick Lane’ (2007), and “Pappu Pager” in Deewana Mastana.
- In his 30 years of work experience in Bollywood, he has worked in more than 100 movies in different capacities including acting, assistant direction, production, and in different areas in the TV industry.
📢⚡TRENDING: List of IPL Winners (2008-2018)