|Famous For||Being the host of the Indian television series 'Crime Patrol'|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 178 cm
in meters- 1.78 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 10”
|Debut||Film: Godmother (1999)
TV: Aahat (1995)
Web series: The Test Case (2018)
|Awards, Honours, Achievements||• Common Man in Cinema Award by Rajasthan International Film Festival in 2019
• Best Actor in a Supporting Role for the show ‘Balika Vadhu’ in 2011
• Best Actor in a Supporting Role for the show ‘Balika Vadhu’ in 2012
|Date of Birth||30 January 1975 (Thursday)|
|Age (as of 2020)||46 Years|
|College/University||National School of Drama, New Delhi|
|Educational Qualification||Specialization in acting The Patriot|
|Caste||Punjabi The Patriot|
|Controversies||• In 2012, during the show 'Crime Patrol,' Anup Soni said that Indian men were not brought up well and he got into trouble for saying this. He received hate from the viewers on social media, and later, he apologized for the statement. The Times of India
• In September 2020, Kangana Ranaut said that ninety-nine per cent of the Bollywood industry consumed narcotic substances. Anup Soni replied to this on his Twitter account and said that a single person cannot blame the whole industry without any proofs. He further added that people holding such assumptions should join a political party. National Herald
|Relationships & More|
|Marriage Date||• 1999 - 2010
• 14 March 2011 - present
|Wife/Spouse||• Ritu Soni (1999-2010)
• Juhi Babbar (2011-present)
|Children||Son- Imaan (from second wife)
Daughter- Zoya and Myra (from first wife)
|Parents||Father- Ramesh Chandra Soni
Mother- Kiran Soni
|Film Director||Aparna Sen|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Anup Soni
- Anup Soni belongs to a Punjabi business-class family.
- Anup Soni is an Indian actor and anchor who began his career as an actor in the television series Aahat (1995) in episode 35. Anup also acted in several other television series such as Safar (1996), Sea Hawks (1997), Byomkesh Bakshi (1997), and Saaya (1998). In 2004, Anup starred in the television series ‘CID: Special Bureau’ as ACP Ajatshashtru.
- Anup made his movie debut with the Bollywood film ‘Godmother’ in 1999. He continued to work in several other films such as Fiza (2000), Raaz (2002), Gangajal (2003), Prasatthanam (2019), and Raat Baaki Hai (2020).
- Apart from Bollywood, Anup made his debut in the Punjabi movie ‘Des Hoya Pardes’ in 2004.
One of my favorite roles and films, Inspector Randhawa from National Award winning Punjabi film "Des Hoya Pardes"😊
Directed by brilliant #LateManojPunj#thursdaythrowback @gurdasmaan @iam_juhi @divyadutta25 #ManjeetMaan @manavvij786 pic.twitter.com/LQcbLndnii
— Anup Soni (@soniiannup) March 12, 2020
- He made his debut in Marathi films with ‘Fatteshikast’ (2019). The movie was released on Zee5.
- Anup Soni started working as the host for the well-known real-life based crime show ‘Crime Patrol.’ He worked as the narrator for the show and his presence was loved by the audience and made the television series a huge success in the Indian television industry. In 2018, he left the show to focus on his acting career in films and TV shows.
- Anup loves collecting watches and in an interview he said:
I love watches and have an exclusive collection of mostly all the famous brands.”
- He wanted to become an actor since childhood, and Anup participated in several plays during his time in school and college.
- In January 2021, Anup Soni was seen in the Amazon Prime Video political drama series ‘Tandav’ as ‘Kailash Kumar.’
- Anup Soni was roped in for the Hotstar Special web series ‘1962- The War in the Hills’ which released on 26 February 2021. Abhay Deol played the lead role of ‘Major Suraj Singh’ in the series.
- Anup Soni is a fitness enthusiast and he often posts pictures and videos of his workout sessions on his Instagram account.