|Names Earned||Fitgirl India|
|Profession(s)||Fitness Influencer, Athlete, Model, Trainer, and Author|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 173 cm
in meters- 1.73 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 8”
|Hair Colour||Dark Brown (dyed her hair Blonde and Red)|
|Debut||As an Author: Run! The Ultimate Mind-Body Fitness Guide (2019)
|Date of Birth||8 January 1987 (Thursday)|
|Age (as in 2019)||33 Years|
|School||• A Boarding School in Ooty
• Activity High School, Mumbai
|College/University||University of Mumbai|
|Educational Qualification||Graduation from the University of Mumbai|
|Religion||Zoroastrianism V Beauty|
|Ethnicity||Parsi V Beauty|
|Hobbies||Reading and Travelling|
|Relationships & More|
|Parents||Father- Neville Billimoria
Mother- Perviz Billimoria (Insurance Agent)
|Food||Dhansak, Chocolate, French Fries|
|Actor||Shah Rukh Khan|
|Athlete(s)||Cathy Freeman, Usain Bolt|
|Book(s)||"The Wholesome Kitchen" by Pooja Dhingra, "Unbroken: A World War II Story of Survival, Resilience, and Redemption" by Laura Hillenbrand|
|Travel Destination(s)||Budapest, Istanbul, San Francisco|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Ayesha Billimoria
- Ayesha Billimoria is a three-time national champion (2001-03) in 200 metres race. She has represented Maharashtra for 17 years.
- When she was eight years old, she got into sports. During her school days, she played every sport including baseball, basketball, throwball, volley, and football.
- When she turned eleven, she fell in love with athletics and became a professional athlete at the age of 14.
- Ayesha has trained under world-class coaches in London, Africa, Germany and Australia; Gavin Dsouza being one of them.
- She was named ‘Fastest Girl of India’ in her teens and has held many state and national titles.
- In 2003, she participated in the ICSE Athletics Meet and won two gold medals in 100m and 400m races, and a silver in the shot put event. It was through this tournament that ICSE Athletics Association recommended her to Adidas.
- She has captained the Adidas Runners Mumbai for many years and has represented Adidas in several national and international tournaments.
- At the end of 2000s, she got into a bike accident and suffered from partial paralysis because of it. Talking about her experience of those times, she said,
That journey has been long. But for what happened in that accident, I think I suffered for many years. I refuse to believe when they say that you can’t do this. Everyone said physically I was destroyed–nobody knew how strong my mind was.”
- She didn’t have a mentor for initial years of her recovery from her accident where she found herself been affected mentally. Later, she met Gavin, her first coach who instilled confidence to stand again.
- She dreamt of participating in Olympics but due to her injuries from the accident, she couldn’t do that.
- Now, she works as an athletics coach and movement specialist in Mumbai.
- In 2016, she started “Project Fitgirl,” an initiative to educate young children studying in government schools in Maharashtra, Uttar Pradesh, and Madhya Pradesh about sports, movement, and life.
- She is a TEDx speaker, keynote speaker at the World Zoroastrian Congress, a vocal proponent of gender equality, and environment.
- She is allergic to soy/lecithin food and supplements.
- She is best friends with the actor and model Ali Fazal.
- She is an environment warrior and participated in various activities regarding the environment. She often spreads awareness through her social media accounts.
References/Sources: [ + ]
|1, 2.||↑||V Beauty|