|Real Name||Anurag Basu|
|Profession||Filmmaker, Screenwriter, Television Advertiser|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 178 cm
in meters- 1.78 m
in Feet Inches- 5’ 10”
|Weight (approx.)||in Kilograms- 90 kg
in Pounds- 198 lbs
|Eye Colour||Dark Brown|
|Date of Birth||8 May 1974|
|Age (as in 2017)||43 Years|
|Birth Place||Bhilai, Chhattisgarh|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Taurus|
|School||BSP Senior Secondary School, Madhya Pradesh (now Chattisgarh)|
|College||University of Mumbai, Maharashtra|
|Educational Qualifications||B. Sc. in Physics (Hons.)|
|Debut||Direction: Kuchh To Hai (2003, However, Basu left the film midway)|
|Family||Father- Late Subrato Bose (Theater Artist)
Mother- Deepshikha Bose (Theater Artist)
Brother- Abhishek Basu
Sister- Not Known
|Address||704, Renis Apartments, Malad West, Mumbai-400064|
|Hobbies||Listening to music|
|Controversies||• During a press conference in 2015, Anurag Basu referred to Salman Khan as a 'boring' actor. For this viewpoint, Basu was reprimanded by Salman's fans on social media.
• Although Anurag Basu's 'Barfi' proved to be a huge success at the box-office, many fans and critics criticized him for copying scenes from notable Hollywood movies like "The Notebook", "Singin' in the Rain", etc.
• Kangana Ranaut and Anurag Basu had an ugly fallout during the filming of Hrithik Roshan starrer 'Kites' (2010). The actress slammed the director complaining that her role did not turn out the way it was narrated to her, and that the film's other leading female, Barbara Mori, was given much more screen space. Notably, Anurag Basu had launched Kangana with the 2005 hit- 'Gangster'.
|Favourite Directors||Kabir Khan, Rajkumar Hirani, Shoojit Sircar|
|Favourite Music Composer||Pritam|
|Favourite Movie||Hollywood: Casablanca (1942)|
|Favourite Actor||Ranbir Kapoor|
|Girls, Affairs and More|
|Wife/Spouse||Tani Basu (Multimedia and Advertising Professional)
Daughters- Ishana (born 2004), Ahana (born 2007)
Some Lesser Known Facts About Anurag Basu
- Does Anurag Basu smoke: Not Known
- Does Anurag Basu drink alcohol: Not Known
- Both his parents were a renowned face in the field of theater. In fact, his father even owned a theater company by the name of ‘Abhiyaan’.
- As a teen, Basu dreamt of becoming a cameraman. For this purpose, he wished to apply for a course in Camera & Direction at the Film & Television Institute of India (FTII), Pune. However, during his second year of college in Mumbai, he was selected as a background dancer in the 1993 film- Dalal.
- His first stint as an assistant director came with the TV show- Tara (1993). Fortunately, within a few months, he was chosen as the director of the show. Notably, Tara was one of the longest running shows in the 1990’s.
- He then went on to direct a number of TV shows primarily for Zee TV & Sony. While climbing the steps of success, he met TV & Film Producer Ekta Kapoor. The latter was so impressed by the director’s vision that she even offered him to make pilot (standalone) episodes for her then popular TV shows- Kahaani Ghar Ghar Ki, Kyuki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi and Kasauti Zindagi Kay.
- Slowly and steadily, he himself began his own production house in 2002.
- Out of the 9 Hindi movies, Basu has directed so far, 4 have been produced by the “Bhatt camp.”
- Just when he was expecting his first child, Basu was diagnosed with leukemia (blood cancer). After months of chemotherapy, Basu was miraculously saved, as his chances of survival were a mere 20%, according to doctors. Owing to this rough phase, Basu missed out on a number of films.
- In an interview, Basu revealed a peculiar incident, because of which he thinks that he is the reason for his father’s death. He said, “I was writing a death scene in a television serial and imagined how it would be if my dad died. That night, I went into his room, hugged him and came back. Shortly after I had written that scene he had a heart attack and died.”
- He even hosted a Bengali Celebrity talk show by the name of “Ke Hobe Biggest Fan.”
- His 2012 movie, Barfi!, was not only the third-highest grossing film of the year but also India’s official entry into the Academy Awards. However, owing to the plagiarizing allegations, Barfi’s nomination for the Oscars became a matter of debate.
📢⚡TRENDING: List of IPL Winners (2008-2018)