Age: 86 Years
Some Lesser Known Facts About Asha Sharma
- Asha Sharma is a veteran Indian actress, who primarily plays the role of a mother or a grandmother in most of her films and TV series.
- In 1982, she appeared as Mrs Nivaran Sharma in the Hindi drama romance film ‘Do Dishayen,’ which featured Dharmendra and Hema Malini in the lead roles.
- She has appeared in several Hindi films throughout her career such as ‘Insaaf Kaun Karega’ (1984), ‘Wohi Bhayanak Raat’ (1989), ‘Dil Apna Aur Preet Paraee’ (1993), ‘Pyaar To Hona Hi Tha’ (1998), ‘Kisna: The Warrior Poet’ (2005), ‘Nirahua Hindustani’ (2014), and ‘Adipurush’ (2023).
- She played the role of Girdhari Seth’s wife in DD National’s well-known TV series ‘Nukkad’ released in 1986.
- In 1987, she appeared as Janko in the television series ‘Buniyaad,’ which aired on DD National.
- In 1990, she played the role of Jeeto’s mother in the action drama Punjabi film ‘Qurbani Jatt Di’ starring Dharmendra and Gurdas Maan in lead roles.
- She was cast in a supporting role as a doctor in a Bengali film titled ‘Badnam’ released in 1990.
- In 2002, she was cast as a grandmother in the popular horror thriller TV series ‘Ssshhhh… Koi Hai’ on Star One.
- She has appeared in various television shows and series throughout her career such as Zee TV’s ‘Ek Aur Mahabharat’ (1997), StarPlus’ ‘Mann Kee Awaaz Pratigya’ (2009), Star Bharat’s ‘Savdhaan India: Crime Alert’ (2012), and Zee TV’s ‘Kumkum Bhagya’ (2019).
- In 2017, she was cast in the Hindi drama short film ‘Toffee’ in which she appeared as Nani (grandmother).
- In 2019, she appeared in the YouTube short film ‘Asli Holi’ in which she appeared as a grandmother, who attempts to persuade her granddaughter to celebrate Holi in person rather than through the phone.
- In 2021, she was cast in the Hindi short drama film ‘The Last Jam Jar’ in which she played the role of Leela.
- She has acted in around 40 Hindi films and TV series throughout her acting career spanning over 45 years.
- She has been nominated for the Favorite Buzurg Award at the Star Parivar Awards.