|Real Name||Ashton Charles Agar|
|Nickname||Ash, The King, Scotty|
|Profession||Australian Cricketer (All-rounder)|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 188 cm
in meters- 1.88 m
in Feet Inches- 6’ 2”
|Weight (approx.)||in Kilograms- 81 kg
in Pounds- 179 lbs
|Body Measurements||- Chest: 38 Inches
- Waist: 31 Inches
- Biceps: 12 Inches
|Eye Colour||Dark Brown|
|International Debut||Test- 10 July 2013 vs England in Nottingham
ODI- 8 September 2015 vs England in Manchester
T20- 6 March 2016 vs South Africa in Johannesburg
|Jersey Number||#46 (Australia)|
|Domestic/State Team||Western Australia, Perth Scorchers|
|Batting Style||Left Handed Bat|
|Bowling Style||Slow left-arm orthodox|
|Nature on field||Calm|
|Favourite Shot/Ball||Not Known|
|Records/Achievements (main ones)||• Agar in his debut match in Ashes 2013 played an astonishing innings of 98 off just 101 while batting at number 11. He built a remarkable 163 runs partnership with late Philip Hughes for the 10th wicket.
• In Sheffield Shield season 2013, Agar took 19 wickets comprising a 5-wicket haul and yet another huge partnership with Michael Hogan where the duo added 68 runs to the basket for the last wicket thus guiding the team to a victory.
|Career Turning Point||In the 2014-15 Sheffield Shield season, Agar took an inaugural 10-wicket haul against South Australia and scored a solid 64 run knock to be the Man of the Match. The performance did him a favour of getting a call-up from the National team.|
|Date of Birth||14 October 1993|
|Age (as in 2016)||23 Years|
|Birth Place||Melbourne, Victoria, Australia|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Libra|
|College||De La Salle College, Melbourne|
|Educational Qualifications||Not Known|
|Family||Father- John Agar (former Cricketer)
Mother- Sonia Hewawissa
Brother- William Agar
Wesley Agar (Cricketer)
|Hobbies||Fishing, listening to music|
|Favourite Cricketers||Shane Warne, Sachin Tendulkar|
|Girls, Family & More|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Ashton Agar
- Does Ashton Agar smoke: Not Known
- Does Ashton Agar drink alcohol: Yes
- Having been born to a Sri Lankan mother and an Australian father, Agar is a whisk of nationalities.
- If not in the baggy green cap, he would have been wearing a lawyer’s cloak in the courtroom and fulfilling his dream to be a lawyer.
- Apart from being a good cricketer at school, Agar had a fine hand in baseball as well.
- Both his younger brothers have their grips on cricket and have been trying to get a notch through Cricket Victoria elite Junior system. The trio used to practice the game in the driveway at their home.
- His teammates at Henley used to address him as Scotty for his similitude to Adam Scott, an Australian golfer.
- Agar was among the top 5% scholars when he graduated with a score of 90.55 in Australian Tertiary Admission Rank (ATAR) in 2011.
- He was unknown to almost everyone till the time Michael Clarke named him in the Australian squad for 2013 Ashes series in England. It was more of a surprise as he was brought in the place of experienced Nathan Lyon, who already had his name on the list. He then became the first teenage Australian cricketer to have a test wicket in the card.