Hometown: New Delhi
Husband: Bharat Thakur
Age: 45 Years
|Real name||Rachna Chawla Mid-Day|
|Nickname||Gudiya Instagram – Bhumika Chawla|
|Famous Role||Nirjara Bharadwaj in the Hindi film Tere Naam (2003)
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 161 cm
in meters- 1.61 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 3”
|Debut||TV (Hindi): Hip Hip Hurray (1998) as Meera; aired on Zee TV
Film (Telugu): Yuvakudu (2000) as Sindhu
Film (Tamil): Badri (2001) as Janaki
Film (Hindi): Tere Naam (2003) as Nirjara Bharadwaj
Film (Bhojpuri): Gangotri (2007) as Gangotri
Film (Punjabi): Yaariyan (2008) as Simran
Film (Malayalam): Bhramaram (2009) as Jaya
Film (Kannada): Godfather (2012) in a special appearance
Web Series (Hindi): Bhram (2019) as Ankita Paul; streamed on Zee5
|Awards||• 2001: Filmfare Award for Best Actress-Telugu for Kushi
• 2003: Nandi Award for Best Actress for the Telugu film Missamma
• 2003: Zee Cine Award for Best Female Debut for the Hindi film Tere Naam
• 2007: Santosham Film Award for Best Actress for the Telugu film Anasuya
• 2007: Nandi Special Jury Award for the Telugu film Sathyabhama
• 2017: Zee Telugu Apsara Award for Best Supporting Actress for the Telugu film Middle Class Abbayi
• 2018: SIIMA Award for Best Supporting Actress (Telugu) for the Telugu film Middle Class Abbayi
|Date of Birth||21 August 1978 (Monday)|
|Age (as of 2023)||45 Years|
|Birthplace||New Delhi, India|
|Ethnicity||Punjabi Just For Women|
|Controversy||MMS Went Viral
A video named Bhumika Chawla MMS went viral on social media in 2011. However, when Bhumika's friends were asked about the video, they called it fake. The Siasat Daily
|Relationships & More|
|Affairs/Boyfriends||Bharat Thakur (yoga teacher and founder of Artistic Yoga)|
|Marriage Date||21 October 2007
|Marriage Place||Guru Nanak Dev Gurudwara at Deolali Camp, Nashik, Mumbai|
|Children||Son- Yash Thakur
|Parents||Father- Col. Ajitsingh Chawla (served in the Indian Army)
Mother- Bali Chawla
|Siblings||Her elder brother serves in the Indian Army. She has an elder sister.
Some Lesser Known Facts About Bhumika Chawla
- Bhumika Chawla is an Indian actress and poet. She has worked in films of various languages like Telugu, Tamil, Malayalam, and Hindi. In 2003, she came into the limelight with the Hindi film ‘Tere Naam’ as Nirjara Bharadwaj.
- She was brought up in Delhi.
- While studying in school, she participated in various dance competitions and stage plays.
- She became the first runner-up in the 1994 beauty contest May Queen Ball.
- Her first photoshoot was in 1998 with the Indian celebrity photographer Dabboo Ratnani.
- Bhumika has appeared in TV commercials for brands like Pond’s, Joyalukkas, Mangaldeep, and Nihar Shanti Amla Badam Hair Oil.
- She appeared in the 1999 Star Plus TV serial ‘Star Best Sellers – Fursat Mein.’
- She has acted in various Telugu films such as ‘Kushi’ (2001), ‘Missamma’ (2003), ‘Naa Autograph’ (2004), ‘Collector Gari Bharya’ (2010), ‘Seetimaarr’ (2021), and ‘Sita Ramam’ (2022).
- Some of her Tamil films as an actor are ‘Roja Kootam’ (2002), ‘Sillunu Oru Kaadhal’ (2006), ‘Kalavaadiya Pozhuthugal’ (2017), ‘Kolaiyuthir Kaalam’ (2019), and ‘Kannai Nambathey’ (2023).
- Bhumika has also acted in a few Hindi films such as ‘Run’ (2004), ‘Dil Ne Jise Apna Kahaa’ (2004), ‘Gandhi, My Father’ (2007), ‘M.S. Dhoni: The Untold Story’ (2016), and ‘Kisi Ka Bhai Kisi Ki Jaan’ (2023).
- She worked as a producer in the 2010 Telugu film ‘Thakita Thakita.’
- She was featured in the Hindi music video ‘Maahiya’ (2011) by Adnan Sami.
- In 2013, she acted in the Malayalam film ‘Buddy,’ and in 2015, she did a Kannada film ‘Luv U Alia.’
- Apart from being an actor and producer, she is also a poet. She has written more than 60 poems, based on her life’s incidents.
- She enjoys writing poems, doing adventure sports, and painting in her leisure time.
- She often consumes white wine at parties and events.
- In an interview, she shared that she had been practising yoga regularly for many years.