Farah Khan Height, Weight, Age, Biography & More
Some Lesser Known Facts About Farah Khan
- Does Farah Khan smoke?: No
- Does Farah Khan drink alcohol?: Not Known
- Former screenwriter, Honey Irani (actor Farhan Akhtar’s mother) is her aunt (mother’s sister).
- Farhan Akhtar & Zoya Akhtar are her cousins. Farah & Farhan share the same birthday (different years though), they used to call each other “Capri 9.”
- Wrestler & Actor, Dara Singh was very close friend of her father.
- Her father was a big filmmaker until he put all his savings on making the film “Aisa Bhi Hota Hai” (1971) which was a big flop. They lost all their wealth, her mother had to sell her jewelries to make living. Farah and her family has lived a very low middle class life afterwards until she became a successful choreographer.
- Her parents divorced when she was only 11 years old.
- Her father became alcoholic after his failure and died due to liver damage when Farah was 19 years old.
- She got inspired for dancing when she was the dance of Michael Jackson in his song “Thriller” in 1982.
- She never took any professional training for dancing, she learned it by seeing videos.
- She won the competition for Indian entry to “World Dance Championship” in 1986. Farah & her partner Hemu Sinha went to UK for the competition where they won “Friendship Duo” award for being friendly to the fellow participants. Apparently, her film Happy New Year (2014) revolves around the same story.
- Farah and Sajid performed as a backup dancer in the song “Bacha Le Sambha Le Koi To Yahan Se Nikale” in the film “3D Saamri” in 1985. They had mud on their face in the song, this is why their face is not recognizable.
- She also performed as a backup dancer in the song “Feeling Hot Hot Hot” in the film “Jalwa” in 1987. She can be seen dancing behind lead dancer, Archana Puran Singh in the song.
- She has choreographed 100+ Bollywood songs.
- She has also worked in a few international choreography projects.
- She is a true believer of saving money, she still has the same saving bank account she used to have in her college days.
- She got married to Shirish Kundar who was the editor of her debut directorial film, “Main Hoon Na.”
- She gave birth to triplets on 11th February, 2008.
- Farah & her husband, Shirish started their own production company, “Three’s Company”, named after their triplet kids.
- She is known to be very abusing off-camera, there is a leaked video on internet where she is seen abusing between the shoot.