Raj Singh Chaudhary Height, Age, Wife, Family, Biography & More
Marital Status: Unmarried
Age: 48 Years
Education: Software Engineer
|Famous role||Raghuveer in Gulaal|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 183 cm
in meters- 1.83 m
in feet & inches- 6’ 0”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms- 85 kg
in pounds- 188 lbs
|Debut||Film: Kuch Naa Kaho (Ajay Sehgal) (Actor)
Film: Gulaal (Writer)
Film: Shaadisthan (Director)
Short Film: The Last Chapter (Director)
|Awards||Best Director award for his film Thar in the OTT Film category at the 2022 Indian Television Academy Awards|
|Date of Birth||• Source 1- 13 July 1975
• Source 2- 23 July 1975
|Age (as of 2022)||48 Years|
|Birthplace||Darjeeling, West Bengal, India|
|School||• Goethals Memorial School, Kurseong, Darjeeling
• Delhi Public School, R.K. Puram, New Delhi
|College/University||B.M.S. College of Engineering, Bengaluru, Karnataka|
|Educational Qualification||He completed his degree in Software Engineering from the B.M.S. College of Engineering, Bengaluru, Karnataka in 1995. Facebook - Raj Singh Chaudhary|
|Controversies||• Half payment for Mere Des Main film The Times of India
There was a controversy in 2012 when he was shooting for the Rajasthani film Mere Des Main in Indore featuring Madhurima Tuli which was directed by Arif Hamid and produced by Ravindra Bishnoi. He said that after shooting for the film, he was told to shoot for 40 more days when he asked for the payment due to which he lost 2 more films he had signed earlier. After shooting for extended days, he was given only half payment. He then accused the makers of finding other artists to dub his role as he refused to dub the role and demanded full amount to be paid. He also said that he would complain in the Cine & TV Artistes’ Association of India (CINTAA) and the local court as he had not given the No-Objection Certificate for his role to be dubbed by any other artist. He also alleged that the producer told him that the songs would be penned by Swanand Kirkire; however, it turned out to be an excuse to rope him in for the film and use his publicity to market the film. Ravindra Bishnoi said that he would settle the payment issues with Raj and would then get the role dubbed by himself, not any other artist.
|Relationships & More|
|Parents||Father- Mangal Singh Chaudhary
Mother- Name not known
|Siblings||He has two sisters named Rita and Nita.
Some Lesser Known Facts About Raj Singh Chaudhary
- Raj Singh Chaudhary is an Indian model turned actor who has also written stories for several films and directed many films as well. He also tried his hands at business before coming to Bollywood.
- He started modelling during his college days as he was fit and tall. He was a tennis player during those days. He was the runner-up in the Gladrags Manhunt competition and worked in several small ads.
- After completing his graduation, he opened a software company with two of his friends who later cheated him, and he came to his parent’s house in Kolkata.
- He contemplated pursuing MBA from an American college and got admission as well; however, he dropped the idea after he was approached by the director Tapan Saha who saw him in an advertisement. The name of the movie was Jugalbandi; however, it was later dropped and could not be completed.
- He went to Mumbai to attend a 4 months workshop but when the movie was shelved, he decided to stay in Mumbai and started looking for acting roles in films.
- After acting in his debut film Kuch Naa Kaho featuring Abhishek Bachchan, Aishwarya Rai Bachchan, and Arbaaz Khan in 2003, he acted as Mushtaq Tarani in the 1993 bomb-blast-based film Black Friday featuring Kay Kay Menon and Pavan Malhotra.
- He wrote a short story on which the film No Smoking was made and featured John Abraham, Ayesha Takia, and Paresh Rawal in the lead roles.
- His first major role was in the movie Gulaal featuring Abhimanyu Singh, Piyush Mishra, and Mahi Gill for which he wrote the story himself after being inspired by the film Satya featuring Manoj Bajpayee.
- The film Gulaal was directed by Anurag Kashyap whom he met through a common friend. His role was applauded by fans and praised by critics.
- In 2007, he started shooting as Raghuveer in the film Antardwand starring Swati Sen and Vinay Pathak, based on the forced marriage (Pakaduah marriage), still prevalent in some areas of Bihar. The movie won the National Film Award for Best Film on Social Issues in 2010.
- In 2018, he acted as Jeet in the short film Plus Minus starring Bhuvan Bam and Divya Dutta.
- In 2019, he directed the short film The Last Chapter starring Kay Kay Menon which was praised by critics.
- In 2021, he directed the women empowerment-themed film Shaadisthan starring Kirti Kulhari, Nina Borah, and Nivedita Bhattacharya which launched on Disney+, Hotstar VIP, and Disney+ Hotstar Premium.
- In 2022, he directed the film Thar featuring Anil Kapoor, Harshvardhan Kapoor, Satish Kaushik, and Fatima Sana Shaikh which was launched on Netflix. He took inspiration from the Hollywood films of Clint Eastwood and Django Unchained film of Quentin Tarantino. He also used his father’s jacket as the costume for Anil Kapoor and bikes of his father’s favourite motorbike brand Yezdi. Outlook Rediff
- His friendship with the Indian actress Lara Bhupathi spans more than 25 years, and they run a production house in partnership. Instagram – Lara Dutta Bhupathi
- He has also directed many advertisements with sportspersons like Roger Federer and Virat Kohli.
- He likes to drink Darjeeling Tea.
|↑1||Facebook - Raj Singh Chaudhary|
|↑2||The Times of India|
|↑5||Instagram – Lara Dutta Bhupathi|