|Real Name||Budhia Awooga Singh|
|Nickname||Budhia, "Marathon Prodigy"|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 137 cm
in meters- 1.37 m
in Feet Inches- 4’ 6”
|Weight (approx.)||in Kilograms- 34 kg
in Pounds- 75 lbs
|Date of Birth||Born in 2002|
|Age (as in 2016)||14 Years|
|Birth Place||Bhubaneswar, Odisha, India|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Not Known|
|Hometown||Bhubaneswar, Odisha, India|
|Educational Qualifications||Not Known|
|Family||Father- Not Known
Mother- Not Known
Brothers- Not Known
Sister- Not Known
|Records (main)||In 2006 Limca Book of Records, he was listed as the world's youngest marathon runner.|
|Girls, Affairs and More|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Budhia Singh
- Budhia was born in a poor family in the state of Odisha.
- His father died when Budhia was still an infant.
- Because of destitute and poverty, his mother sold him to a travelling agent for only 800 INR in the year 2004.
- When her mother saw that the agent was exploiting Budhia, she asked for a help to a local Judo Coach and orphanage operator, Biranchi Das, who later bought back Budhia and took him to his orphanage.
- Budhia was a “saucy lad” and once Biranchi Das punished him by making him run and forgot about him, When Biranchi Das came back after 5 hours, he saw Budhia was still running.
- Biranchi Das began to train Budhia and by the time Budhia turned 4, he had run and completed 48 marathons.
- At the age of four, Budhia ran from Bhubaneswar to Puri covering 65 kilometers in 7 hours and 2 minutes and became world’s youngest marathon runner.
- Budhia attained a celebrity status at a very young age and appeared in a number of television commercials.
- In 2011, a feature-length documentary, Marathon Boy (covering Budhia and Das) was released. The documentary was funded by BBC Storyville and HBO and was nominated for an EMMY.
- Budhia’s fame diminished as quickly as it rose and according to some sources, he cannot even win his school race these days.
- A full-length Bollywood feature film on the life of Budhia, Budhia – Born to Run, is supposed to be released in August 2016 featuring Manoj Bajpayee.