|Full Name||Burhan Muzaffar Wani|
|Profession||He was the commander of a Kashmiri militant group Hizbul Mujahideen|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 175 cm
in meters- 1.75 m
in feet inches- 5’ 9”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms- 60 kg
in pounds- 132 lbs
|Date of Birth||19 September 1994|
|Date of Death||8 July 2016|
|Place of Death||Bundoora, Kokernag, Jammu and Kashmir, India|
|Age (at the time of death)||22 Years|
|Birthplace||Dadsara, Tral, Jammu and Kashmir, India|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Virgo|
|Hometown||Tral, Pulwama, Jammu and Kashmir, India|
|Educational Qualifications||Not Known|
|Family||Father- Muzafar Ahmad Wani (Principal of a higher secondary school)
Mother- Not Known (Post Graduate in Science)
Brothers- Khalid Muzaffar Wani (elder)- Post Graduate of Commerce & Naveed (Younger)
Sister- Irm Jahan
|Controversies||He was accused of being a militant by the Government of India and was criticized for using social media to incite the youth of J&K.|
|Favorite Cricketers||Virender Sehwag, Shahid Afridi|
|Girls, Affairs and More|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Burhan Wani
- Does Burhan Wani smoke?: Not Known
- Does Burhan Wani drink alcohol?: Not Known
- His father, Muzafar Ahmad Wani, is a principal of a higher secondary school in J&K.
- When Burhan was 10 years old, he wanted to join the Indian Army as he was fascinated with the camouflage dress.
- On 16 October 2010, at the age of 15, he fled from his home and joined separatist militant groups.
- On 13 April 2015, his elder brother, Khalid Muzaffar Wani, was killed by the Indian Army when he had gone along with his 3 friends to meet his brother.
- He was an expert in using the social media and used to spread his messages/speeches through Facebook, Twitter and YouTube. His social media campaign had an influential outreach among a significant section of Muslim Kashmiri youth.
- Burhan Wani was a skilled cricket player and was considered as the budding cricketer of J&K.
- From 2011 to 2016, Burhan Wani was the commander of Hizbul Mujahideen (a Kashmiri militant group).
- In a video in June 2016, he assured that there would be no militant attacks on the “Amarnath pilgrims” and asserted that his fight is confined only to the men in uniform (the Army).
- When the government proposed separate colonies for the Kashmiri Pandits in the state of J&K, Burhan Wani opposed the proposal citing that “Israel-like” situation won’t be allowed in Kashmir.
- For the last two years, Wani had become an icon of militancy in the state of J&K.
- The government of India had announced a bounty of 10 lakhs (INR) for finding Burhan Wani.
- On 8 July 2016, Burhan Wani was encountered by Special Operations Group of the J&K Police and 19 Rashtriya Rifles in Bundoora village of Kokernag.
- Some reports say that he was a victim of infidelity as his girlfriend had informed the J&K Police about his movements.
- He was buried in his hometown, Tral, J&K, India.
- It has been reported that during the encounter operation of Burhan Wani in Bundoora village of Kekernag, the local villagers opposed the police and also involved in snow-pelting at the police.
- After Wani’s death, violent protests erupted in some areas of Kashmir Valley resulting in a number deaths and injuries and to counter the protests; curfew was imposed in the disturbed areas of the valley.
- According to some reports, his funeral was attended by thousands of people, and his body was wrapped in the flag of Pakistan and was also offered a 21-gun salute by the militants present at his funeral.
📢⚡TRENDING: Watch the biography of REAL "Gully Boy" - Naezy⚡