Age: 40 Years
Marital Status: Married
|Known for||Being arrested by the CBI in connection to Delhi Excise Policy case|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 165 cm
in meters- 1.65 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 5”
|Hair Colour||Semi-bald (Black)|
|Date of Birth||4 August 1982 (Wednesday)|
|Age (as of 2022)||40 Years|
|College/University||• Acharya Nagarjuna University, Guntur, Andhra Pradesh
• The Institute of Company Secretaries of India, New Delhi
• The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India, Noida
|Educational Qualification(s) Butchibabu Gorantla - Linkedin||• Bachelor of Commerce
• FCS, Banking, Corporate, Finance, and Securities Law at The Institute of Company Secretaries of India
• FCA, Accounting, Assurance, Taxation, Financial Management, Management Accounting (2003) at The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India
|Controversy||On 8 February 2023, Buchibabu was arrested by the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) for his involvement in a case related to Delhi Excise Policy. According to CBI, he was involved in the formulation and implementation of the excise policy. He was also accused of making wrongful gain to wholesale and retail licensees and owners under the policy for the years 2021-2022. He was accused of backing the “South Cartel," a group consisting of Kavitha of Telangana’s ruling Bharat Rashtra Samithi, Magunta Srinivasalu Reddy, an MP from Andhra Pradesh’s ruling YSR Congress, and Sarath Reddy of Aurobindo Pharma who was backing people involved in Delhi’s excise policy. The ED further added that Buchibabu was introduced to Vijay Nair, who was arrested in the same case and was told that Buchibabu was associated with many big politicians. In a statement given by ED, they said,
Sarath brought Buchi Babu on board to guide him with finance and market analysis as Buchi babu was good with numbers. They all met at Kavita's house on Road Number 14 in Banjara Hills. Arun had told Buchi Babu that Vijay Nair is the point of contact for the Delhi Liquor businesses. In the meeting, Vijay Nair said that the new policy had been drafted in a way that the Govt and businesses would all benefit, Sameer asked Buchi Babu to introduce him to Magunta Group to work for a retail JV. Following this Buchi Babu took Sameer to Magunta Srinivasulu Reddy's residence cum office at Lodhi Road." ANI
|Relationships & More|
|Wife/Spouse||Name Not Known|
|Children||He has two daughters.
Some Lesser Known Facts About Butchibabu Gorantla
- Butchibabu Gorantla is an Indian chartered accountant who is known for being arrested in the Delhi excise policy case on 8 February 2023.
- He is a fellow member of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India and also a fellow member of The Institute of Company Secretaries of India.
- In April 2002, he joined Cogent Professionals Pvt. Ltd, Hyderabad as the director. In September 2007, he became the principal of the organization. He was appointed the director of Halcyon Soft Solutions Private Limited on 16 February 2010. In March 2012, he became the senior partner of Gorantla & Associates LLP, Hyderabad. He was appointed the director of RAMS MINING (INDIA) PRIVATE LIMITED on 15 October 2018. On 31 May 2021, he became the director of Inbisdekh India Private Limited.
- He specialises in matters relating to corporate planning, strategy, funds rising and execution of projects. He works mainly on cross-border transactions and business handling. He has worked for a long time in information technology, pharmacy, manufacturing, banking and services sector business activities. He has dealt for 14 years with Income Tax and Indirect tax matters. He also works in high-net-worth individuals, family wealth management and corporate taxation.
- Butchibabu was the ex-chartered accountant of Kalvakuntla Kavitha.
- He is often spotted drinking alcohol on various occasions.