|Full Name||Carol Maria Gracias
|Profession(s)||Model and Businesswoman|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Live India Height||in centimeters- 178 cm
in meters- 1.78 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 10”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms- 60 kg
in pounds- 132 lbs
|Figure Measurements (approx.)||36-30-34|
|Hair Colour||Dark Brown|
|Debut||Film (English): ‘Being Cyrus’ (2005) as a beggar
TV (contestant): ‘Bigg Boss’ Season 1 (2006)
|Date of Birth||28 December 1978 (Thursday)|
|Age (as of 2022)||43 Years|
|School||Apostolic Carmel School, Mumbai|
|College/University||St. Andrew's College of Arts, Science and Commerce, Mumbai
|Caste||East Indian Maharashtrian Catholic The Navhind Times|
|Controversies||• Wardrobe Malfunction at a Fashion Show
In 2006, she landed into a controversy at the Lakmé Fashion Week. She was wearing a halter top for the show, and while she was walking the ramp her top slipped off, exposing her upper body. She hold the top with her hands and completed the walk.
She was applauded by the audience present at the show for completing the walk. Soon, the video of her wardrobe malfunction went viral. Later, a social activist named Prakash Rajdev filed a complaint against Carol and the organisers of the show for indulging in “nudity and obscenity.” Later, Carol and the organisers were given a clean chit. The top-slip scene was included in the Hindi film 'Fashion' (2008), which was picturised on the Indian actress Kangana Ranaut. Navbharat Times
• Lack of Professionalism
In 2011, the Mumbai-based fashion house Kimaya hired her to display their collection in a fashion show. She even committed to appear in the show, but on the final day, she did not arrive. In an interview, the owner of the fashion show talked about Carol's unprofessional behaviour. Hindustan Times He said,
"All the clothes were made to fit Carol and we were shocked when she didn’t show up on the final day. Her phone was also unreachable and there was no explanation from her end.”
|Relationships & More|
|Affairs/Boyfriends||• Ravi Kishan (rumoured; actor & politician) Zoom TV Entertainment
• Sameul Ziza (French journalist and businessman)
|Marriage Date||Year, 2013|
|Children||Son- Gabriel Ziza
|Parents||Father- Ronnie Gracias
Mother- Name Not Known
|Fashion Designer||Rajesh Pratap Singh|
|Income||Rs. 50,000 for a show (as of 2011) Hindustan Times|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Carol Gracias
- Carol Gracias is an Indian supermodel and businesswoman. She participated as a contestant in the Hindi TV reality show ‘Bigg Boss’ in 2006.
- She started her career as a model in 1998. She participated in a beauty contestant in 1998 and won ‘The Look Of The Year’ title in the sub-contest. During an interview, she shared the fact that how she started working as a model. She said,
I took part in a pageant called ‘The Look of The Year’, just to be financially independent. My dad told me that if you earn your own money you can go out and live your life your way, so that’s exactly what I set out to do. After winning that, I went to Nice and Milan, before coming back to India to work. My career path wasn’t planned, but it worked out because of a solid mix of luck and hard work.”
- Soon, she became one of the top-notch models in India and walked the ramp for many ace fashion designers.
- In 2006, while she was in Bigg Boss house, there were rumours that she had an affair with her co-contestant Ravi Kishan. Later, she denied the rumours and said,
During the show, people linked Ravi Kishan and me but I don’t care. I guess because of Ravi’s reputation and his other link-ups, they decided to link us up. People don’t realize that he has a wife and three children.”
- In 2005, she appeared in the Hindi song “Right Here Right Now” from the Hindi film ‘Bluffmaster.’
- She participated as a contestant in the stunt-based TV show ‘Fear Factor: Khatron Ke Khiladi 2’ (2009). She finished as the second runner-up in the show.
- She has also appeared in the song “We Go Party” from the Hindi film ‘Aisa Yeh Jahaan’ (2015).
- Carol has worked as a model in print advertisements for brands like Philips, Moksh Jewellery, Levi’s, and Liberty.
- In 2016, she walked the ramp with a big baby bump. She walked at the Lakmé Fashion Week for the Hyderabad-based fashion designer Gaurang Shah. During an interview, while talking about the fashion show, she said,
I have been doing his shows for many years now, so this time as usual he called and asked if he could book me. I told him I was pregnant and he still asked if I would walk for the show. So, I gave it a thought, and realised that the clothes to be showcased are meant for all kinds of women…I thought if the designer would like me in his show, then why not? I really enjoyed the experience.”
- After her son’s birth in 2016, she moved to Goa from Mumbai and started a contemporary French restaurant ‘Izumi Assagao’ and a three-suite guest house ‘Botanique’ in Goa.
- In her leisure time, she loves to read books, swim, and spend time with her husband and son.
- She has been featured on the cover page of various magazines.
- While holidaying or partying, she loves to drink alcohol.
- During an interview, when she was asked about her skincare routine, she said,
My skincare routine is fairly basic – I use a lot of virgin coconut oil and aloe vera on my skin, the Himalaya Neem Face Wash, Kiehl’s Vitamin C Concentrate and organic rose water on hot days. I believe in working on my skin and health from the inside, and for this I make a ‘golden paste’ – it’s a mix of fresh turmeric, honey, cardamom, cinnamon and pepper. My son and I have it for all its anti-inflammatory, immunity-boosting benefits. That and a shot of lemon first thing in the morning…pretty much sums it up.”