Some Lesser Known Facts About Chris Brown
- Does Chris Brown Smoke ? Yes
- Does Chris Brown drink alcohol ? Yes
- Chris was involved in a church choir and performed in local talent shows from a very young age.
- Since Childhood, He has seen a lot of domestic violence in his house; first by his father and then by her mother’s boyfriend. Talking about his father, he shared – “He made me terrified all the time… I remember one night he made [my mother’s] nose bleed. I was crying and thinking, ‘I’m just gonna go crazy on him one day…’ I hate him to this day.”
- His first album in 2004, reached the number 2 position on Billboard 200 and was certified as Double Platinum by Recording Industry Association of America (RIAA). It sold over three million copies worldwide.
- For his single “Run it”, Chris made a record for having a track debut at number one on Billboard 100. The last time this happened was in 1997 and Diddy held the record back then.
- Chris won an Emmy Award for Best R&B album for his album F.A.M.E. at the 54th Grammy Awards function.
- Brown has won two NAACP Image awards, three American Music Awards and fourteen BET Awards.
- Chris was self taught till the age of 13 when he was already singing in choir and performing in local talent shows. After that, Hitmission’s Lamont Fleming trained his voice after Hitmission visited his father’s Gas Station looking for talent.
- Chris’s mother realized his talent when he sang by “My way” Usher.
- After his parents’ divorce, he was terrified by his mother’s boyfriend when he would abuse her.
- Tina Davis auditioned Def Jam records when he was taken to New York and signed him as she found him incredibly talented and wanted to work with him.
- While paying a tribute to Michael Jackson at the BET Awards in 2010, he overwhelmed and cried falling to his knees. A lot celebrities present there who resonated with him. Michael Jackson’s brother Jermaine Jackson empathized saying “it was very emotional for me, because it was an acceptance from his fans from what has happened to him and also paying tribute to my brother.”
- Brown was nominated for six BET Awards in 2011 and won five out of it. He also received three awards from the BET Hip-Hop Awards the same year.
- In August 2013, he was suffered a seizure in Record Plant Studios. An ambulance was called and Chris refused to receive any treatment and said the seizure happened because of extreme fatigue and emotional stress. He had seizures in his childhood too.
- Brown said “Michael Jackson is the reason why I do music and why I am an entertainer.”
- Brown’s voice-type is light-lyrical tenor.
- In June 2010, he was refused visa to enter Britain because he was guilty in a serious offence for felony against Rihanna. He was planning to do a tour of England, when Sony stated the problem with his work visa.
- In February 2015, he was refused the visa to Canada too due to which had to cancel his tour.
- Brown owns the record label CBE (Chris Brown Entertainment or Culture Beyond Your Evolution).
- He had an all time crush on Ciara while growing up.
- For his first album, Chris had written about 50 songs, out of which 14 songs were chosen to be released.
- On his 18th birthday, he bought himself a Lamborghini and threw two parties – one exclusively for his friends and in the other party fans were invited.
- Chris has two pitbulls and has named one Diamond.
- The name ‘X’ for his album is very smartly carved out as he told Ebony: “It’s the Roman numeral for 10. 5/5/89 is my birthday: 5 plus 5 is 10, and this is my tenth year since I got into music. ‘X’ is the 24th letter in the alphabet, and I will turn 24 when this album comes out. ‘X’ is also a metaphor, as in ‘ex-girlfriend’: it implies you’re progressing and moving on in life, not holding on to the past and your old ways.”
- He has a daughter with Nia Gonzalez, named “Royalty”.
📢⚡TRENDING: URI is surging to become a Blockbuster, check the salary of Uri actors here⚡