|Full Name||Isuru Udana Tillakaratna citation|
|Profession||Cricketer (Batsman and Bowler)|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 182 cm
in meters- 1.82 m
in feet & inches- 6’ 0”
|International Debut||ODI- vs India on 24 July 2012
IPL- vs Mumbai Indians on 28 September 2020
T20- vs Australia on 8 June 2009
|Jersey Number||# 17 (Sri Lanka)
# 50 (IPL)
|Domestic Team||Sri Lanka, Wayamba Elevens, Tamil Union Cricket and Athletic Club, Wayamba United, Duronto Rajshahi, Basnahira Greens, Rangpur Riders, Kandy, Montreal Tigers, Sri Lanka Board Presidents XI, Dambulla, Paktia Panthers, Sri Lanka XI, Rajshahi Kings, Sindhis, St Kitts, and Nevis Patriots, Paarl Rocks, Royal Challengers Bangalore|
|Bowling Style||Left-arm fast-medium|
|Records (main ones)||• He holds the record for scoring the highest runs as an individual. He scored 84 runs while batting at number eight during T20 International
• In September 2010, he was playing for Wayamba when he took a hat-trick from two deliveries. He was the first bowler to take a hat-trick in Champions League T20 history.
|Date of Birth||17 February 1988 (Wednesday)|
|Age (as in 2020)||32 Years|
|Birthplace||Balangoda, Sri Lanka|
|Tattoo(s)||He has a tattoo on his left forearm "Jhvain," his daughter's name. He also has few tattoos on his right forearm.|
|Relationships & More|
|Marriage Date||14 December 2015|
|Children||He has a daughter, Jhvain|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Isuru Udana
- Isuru Udana Tillakaratna was born in Balangoda, Sri Lanka. He is a professional cricketer who represents Sri Lanka in ODI (One Day International) matches and in several domestic tournaments as well. In 2020, Isuru was bought by the Royal Challengers Bangalore for Rs.50 lakhs ($70,000).
- Isuru Udana got married to Pereen Perera on 14 December 2015. In February 2019, the couple was blessed with a daughter, Jhvain. Isuru has a tattoo of her daughter’s name on his left forearm and he has more tattoos on his right hand as well.
- Isuru started his first-class and List A career in September 2008 when he was selected by the Sri Lanka A team during their tour of South Africa. Along with this, he played for Tamil Union, and then he was selected by Wayamba to play in first-class and Twenty20 portions of the Sri Lankan Inter-Provincial Cricket Tournament.
- In Twenty20, he was given the title of ‘Man of the Match’ after he took 4 wickets with 31 runs. The 4 wickets included the top 5 batsmen of Basnahira South (another Sri Lanka domestic team). He also became the player of the tournament.
- In September 2010, Isuru was playing in the 2010 Champions League T20 when he made a rare record by taking a hat-trick from two(legal) deliveries. The second wicket of the hat-trick was a stump out on a wide-ball. He also became the first bowler to take a hat-trick in Champions League T20.
- Isuru made his international debut in 2009 when he played with the Sri Lanka squad in the 2009 ICC World Twenty20. His success in domestic cricket gave him the chance to be a part of the international team but his performance in the international front was not up to the mark and he was dropped from the team.
- In 2012, Isuru was again selected for a T20 series against Pakistan and then for the ODIs against India but failed to perform well. The only highlight of his presence in the ODI series was a direct hit to the wickets to run out Gautam Gambhir at a crucial moment during the match.
- In May 2018, Isuru Udana was among the 33 cricketers who were awarded a national contract by Sri Lanka Cricket before the 2018-2019 session. In March 2019, in the 4th ODI against South Africa, Udana held the longest partnership of 58 runs with Kasun Rajitha. This became the highest partnership at the tenth wicket position for Sri Lanka in an ODI match.
- On 22 March 2019, Udana broke the world record for the highest runs batting at number eight in a T20 match. Udana scored 84 runs against the South Africa national cricket team.
- In April 2019, he was the part of Sri Lanka’s team for the 2019 Cricket World Cup. In January 2020, Udana injured his back during the second T20I against India while fielding. He was immediately taken to the emergency room. He was ruled out from the series following the injury.
- Isuru Udana has been a part of the Sri Lankan cricket teams for a very long time and he is a huge fan of Lasith Malinga. He has played matches with him and he got to learn a lot of things from Malinga during practice sessions and matches.
View this post on Instagram
Legend!!!you will be missed.mali ayya thank you very much for everything you have given to this lovely sport.A ture legend and a super hero!You were the true mentor who believed in me when there was no one and helped me a lot with my bowling.still remember those days you helped me to improve my yokers.Best of all you are a one awesome human being.I was fortunate to share the dressing room with you!again thank you very much brother.we all gonna miss you. #slinga99yokerking ❤
- Isuru Udana is a pace bowler for Royal Challengers Bangalore and made his IPL debut this year. His satisfactory performance during the match helped RCB to win for the second time during the season. Recently, Isuru went on Instagram and asked the trolls to not make fun of any player for their bad performance. Ashok Dinda is a former Kolkata Knight Riders pace bowler and he was trolled for his bad performance but Isuru posted a story on Instagram saying that Ashok has over 400 wickets in first-class cricket. He asked people to not judge anyone without knowing the other person’s story and their background.