|Full name||Jardosh Darshnaben Vikrambhai My Neta|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Political Party||Bharatiya Janata Party|
|Political Journey||• 7 July 2021: Minister of State for Railways and Minister of State for Textiles
• 16 May 2009: Member of Parliament, Lok Sabha from Surat Constituency, Gujarat
• 2012: General Secretary of National BJP Mahila Morcha
|Date of Birth||21 January 1961 (Saturday)|
|Age (as of 2021)||60 Years|
|Birthplace||Surat, Gujarat, India|
|Hometown||Surat, Gujarat, India|
|College/University||• Sir K.P. College of Commerce, Surat, Gujarat, India
• NIIT ( National Institute of Information Technology)
|Educational Qualification(s)||• She earned a B.Com. degree in Economics & Banking from Sir K.P. College of Commerce, Surat in 1981.
• She received a Certificate Course in Computers from NIIT Lok Sabha Ph
|Address||1101, Saraswati Apartment, MP Flats, Dr. B.D. Marg, New Delhi - 110001|
|Relationships & More|
|Marriage Date||8 October 1981|
|Husband||Vikram Chandrakant Jardosh
|Children||She has two sons.
Her both sons are married.
|Parents||Father- Kanti Naik
Mother- Amita Naik
|Assets/Properties (as of 2019) My Neta||Moveable (worth Rs 5,85,647 crore)
• Deposits in Banks- Rs 28,66,970
• Bonds, Debentures and Shares- Rs 1,23,000
• NSS, Postal Savings- Rs 15,78,020
• LIC or other insurance Policies- Rs 1,19,200
• Personal loans/advance- Rs 10,74,554
• Motor Vehicles- Rs 24,23,553
• Jewellery- Rs 14,00,000
Immovable Assets (worth Rs 78,67,500 crore)
Liabilities Rs 20,20,458
|Net Worth (Approx) (as of 2019) My Neta||Rs 10,76,17,986|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Darshana Jardosh
- Darshana Jardosh is an Indian politician, who represents the Surat constituency in Gujarat as a member of the Lok Sabha. In July 2021, she started serving as the Union State Minister of Railways and Union State Minister of Textiles under the Second Modi ministry.
- In 1976, Darshana served as the general secretary of Jeevan Bharti Educational School, Vadodara, Gujarat.
- In 1980, Darshana Jardosh was the class representative in her college, Sir K.P. College of Commerce, Surat.
- In 1987, Darshana worked in the position of director in Surat Mahila Nagrik Sahkari Bank, Surat, Gujarat.
- In 1995, Darshana held the position of Cultural Committee Convener at Surat Municipal School Board.
- In 2001, she served as a member of the Gujarat Social Welfare Board.
- In 2003, Darshana held the position of Managing Director at Surat Mahila Nagrik Sahkari Bank.
- In 2004, she was elected as the Vice-Chairman of the Health Committee of Surat Municipal Corporation.
- In 2009, Darshana was elected to the 15th Lok Sabha as a member of the Bharatiya Janata Party.
- In 2009, Darshana Jardosh appealed to the government of India to set up an International airport in Surat, Gujarat. It was endorsed by Darshana to boost the diamond trade in the Surat district.
- In 2014, Darshana elected to the 16th Lok Sabha with a historic margin of 5,33,190 votes. After Smt. Indira Gandhi, this victory was the highest lead by any woman member parliament in Indian Electoral history. She was re-elected in 2019 to the 17th Lok Sabha with 7,95,651 votes.
- In 2012, Darshana Jardosh confronted severe allegations on Congress MP Tushar Chaudhary by stating that he was taking the credit for the flight connectivity to Surat, which Darshana and Navasari MP CR Patil advocated for. In an interview with the media house, Darshana said,
We have been telling the Centre that Surat has a potential for domestic and international connectivity, but it was the UPA government that saw no viability or traffic. Now, that SpiceJet has started operations, they (Congress) are running to take the credit.”
Along with being a politician, she is also a businessperson.
Darshana Jardosh received ‘Visharad in Music and Arangetram,’ an Indian classical dance and music form presented on stage.
- Several social and cultural activities were also led by Darshana Jardosh. In 1999, she was the founder president of the Ladies Lioness Club of Sannari, Surat. In the same year, she held the position of the Director of Sanskruti, an Art & Cultural Organisation, which was organised to promote girl education, social & political awareness for women and youth, and women empowerment in India.
- In her leisure time, Darshana adores doing Bharat Natyam dance, photography and videography.
- Listening to music and cooking are Darshana’s favourite pastime and recreational activities.
- Darshana Jardosh’s favourite travelling countries include China, Hong Kong, Indonesia, New Zealand, Switzerland and the U.A.E.
- In 2019, Darshana Jardosh raised the ‘Matters of Urgent Public Importance’ in Lok Sabha.
- While growing up in Surat, Darshana Jardosh developed an interest in politics, and she would often meet renowned Indian politicians to brush up her skills in politics.
- Darshana Jardosh is a devoted environmental advocate, and she often campaigns to promote tree plantation in India.
- Darshana often attends official video conferences related to the growth and development of Surat, Gujarat.
- Her Twitter account features her in a picture in which she was seen distributing fruits at the Postnatal Ward of the SMIMER (Surat Municipal Institute of Medical Education and Research) Hospital in Surat, Gujarat, India.