|Real Name||Varun Gandhi|
|Political Party||Bharatiya Janata Party
|Political Journey||• For the first time, Varun Gandhi was introduced to politics by his mother during the 1999 election campaigning.
• In 2004, he joined BJP along with his mother Maneka Gandhi.
• In 2009 General Election, Varun fought the election for Lok Sabha from the Pilibhit constituency. Varun won the seat by receiving 419,539 votes and defeated his nearest contending candidate, V.M. Singh, by a margin of 281,501 votes.
• In 2013, the then BJP head Rajnath Singh appointed him as the national general secretary of the BJP. He became the youngest ever general secretary of the party.
• In 2014 General Election, Varun defeated Amita Singh from Sultanpur.
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 175 cm
in meters- 1.75 m
in Feet Inches- 5’ 9”
|Weight (approx.)||in Kilograms- 72 kg
in Pounds- 158 lbs
|Date of Birth||13 March 1980|
|Age (as in 2017)||37 Years|
|Birth Place||New Delhi, Delhi, India|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Pisces|
|Hometown||New Delhi, India|
|School||Rishi Valley School, Modern School C.P. New Delhi and the British School, New Delhi|
|College||SOAS, University of London, London School of Economics and Political Science|
|Educational Qualifications||Degree in Economics and Politics|
|Family||Great-grandfather- Jawaharlal Nehru
Grandfather- Feroze Gandhi
Grandmother- Indira Gandhi
Father- Sanjay Gandhi
Mother- Maneka Gandhi
Uncle- Rajiv Gandhi
Aunty- Sonia Gandhi
Cousins- Rahul Gandhi,
|Hobbies||Writing Blogs and Poems|
|Major Controversies||• During his election campaign in 2009 General Election, Varun delivered a hate speech against Muslim, for this, he was apprehended but acquitted later.
• In 2013 he was detained again for his hate speech, but again he was acquitted.
• In October 2016, Varun Gandhi was at the center of controversy over allegations that he had leaked defense secrets to middleman Abhishek Verma and arms manufacturers after getting "honeytrapped", a charge he stoutly denied.
|Girls, Affairs and More|
|Wife||Yamini Roy Chowdhury
Daughter- Anasuyaa Gandhi
|Net Worth (approx.)||15 Crore INR|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Varun Gandhi
- Does Varun Gandhi smoke?: Not Known
- Does Varun Gandhi drink alcohol?: Not Known
- Varun Gandhi is a member of Nehru-Gandhi Family.
- He is the grandson of Indira Gandhi, former Prime Minister of India and the great-grandson of India’s first Prime Minister, Jawaharlal Nehru.
- When Varun Gandhi was 3 months old, his father Sanjay Gandhi died in a plane crash.
- In 2009 General Election, Varun Gandhi fought in the Election for the first time and defeated V.M. Singh, by the margin of 281,501 votes. This was the largest Victory by margin in Gandhi Family.
- In 2011, Gandhi strongly pitched for the Jan Lokpal Bill. Gandhi offered his official residence to Anna Hazare to hold his fast after Hazare was denied permission by the government.
- In 2015, Gandhi vowed that he would donate his entire MP salary to the families of those farmers who had been forced to end their lives due to the agrarian crisis.
- Varun Gandhi is a proficient writer also. He has written for many magazines in India such as The Times of India, The Hindustan Times, The Hindu, The Indian Express, The Economic Times, The Asian Age, Outlook among others.
- He is a good poet too. When he was 20, Gandhi wrote his first volume of poems, titled The Otherness of Self, in 2000. His second volume of poems, titled Stillness was published by HarperCollins in April 2015. The book broke sales records and became the best-selling non-fiction book, in the first two days of its release, over 10,000 copies were sold.