|Diipa Büller Khosla Elle.in
|Fashion & Beauty Influencer and Entrepreneur
|Physical Stats & More
|in centimeters- 170 cm
in meters- 1.70 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 7”
|in kilograms- 55 kg
in pounds- 121 lbs
|Date of Birth
|Age (as of 2021)
|She started her schooling at a Hindi medium school in Chennai, and later, she studied at Hebron School, Ooty, Tamil Nadu.
|• University College Utrecht, Utrecht, Netherlands
• BPP Law School, London, UK
|• Bachelor of Laws in International Human Rights (2012)
• Master of Laws (LL.M.) in Corporate Law (2015) Diipa Khosla- LinkedIn
|Punjabi Hindustan Times
|Non-Vegetarian Diipa Khosla- Facebook
|• On her neck: ‘Jai Sai Ram’
• On her right wrist: A star
• A tattoo on her left arm
|Relationships & More
• Punjabi Wedding
• European Wedding
|Fateh Garh Palace, Udaipur, Rajasthan
|Oleg Büller (diplomat for the dutch foreign services)
|Father- Virje Bahai Khosla (president at the European Forum for Ayurveda & Yoga)
Mother- Sangitha Khosla
|Daughter- Dua Buller
|Brother- Geet Khosla
Sister- Nan Khosla
|Dior, Longchamp, and H&M
|Samsoe Samsoe, Reebok, and Filling Pieces
|By Terry rose balm
|Garnier and Neutrogena
|Camila, Karen, Chiara, Dolly Singh, Kusha Kapila
Some Lesser Known Facts About Diipa Khosla
- Diipa Khosla is an Indian fashion and beauty influencer who is settled in Amsterdam.
- At the age of 6, she shifted to Chennai from Delhi with her family, and later, her family shifted to Ooty, Tamil Nadu.
- She then got a scholarship to pursue her studies in Netherlands, Europe.
- After completing her graduation, she did an internship as a legal intern at the International Criminal Court in the Netherlands.
- Diipa then did an internship at the IMA Influencer Agency in Amsterdam.
- She met her husband while she was in college. In an interview, she talked about her first meeting with her husband. She said,
I arrived there the first day, and I was a few days late because I have an Indian passport so I had some visa issues. So pretty much all the new students had made their friend groups and everything. My parents dropped me off at the main reception, and the very first guy I saw is now my husband.”
- She then became friends with Oleg through Facebook, and later, their friendship turned into love. Within a few months of their courtship, Oleg proposed Diipa for marriage. In an interview, Diipa shared how Oleg proposed to her. She said,
He created a “Vogue India Christmas Dinner” themed event at Devigarh Palace in Udaipur. But when the day arrived, I discovered instead Oleg on the knee at the end of this beautiful courtyard in this Indian palace. I was happy to skip the dinner!”
- Diipa wore 9 different outfits for her wedding which were designed by famous Indian fashion designers like Sabyasachi Mukherjee and Piny Michaeli.
- She started her NGO ‘Post For Change’ in 2019 to promote female rights. During an interview, she talked about her NGO. She said,
Now, I’m working on an initiative to help 250,000 rural women gain access to menstrual hygiene products. That’s the best part of what I do–I can make an impact on things that have affected me the most. Over the years, I’ve been on the cover of international magazines, won influencer awards, addressed British Lords on Women’s Day & been on billboards. But what truly matters, is the purpose this platform has given me. It’s allowed me to take all the hurt, all the experiences of my life & use it for good. It’s helped me build an armor that lets me fight for those who can’t.”
She further said,
I knew I wanted to help people, so I took up Human Rights Law. I got my degree & then got an internship with an influencer agency in Europe, where I found the world of social media. Initially, I got into fashion blogging. I felt self-conscious but pushed myself to step out of my comfort zone. My account grew over the next few years & I realised I had a voice that could reach thousands. So alongside, I started another page devoted to women empowerment; a cause close to my heart–I hoped to help women struggling with gender inequality & mental health issues.”
- In 2018, she started her self titled YouTube channel on which she has uploaded makeup videos and her wedding series.
- She is the first Indian to collaborate with MAC Cosmetics in 2018 on a collection, inspired by her wedding look. Elle.in
- The popular cosmetic brand Maybelline displayed her picture on a billboard in Piccadilly Circus in 2018 as the face of Maybelline.
- She was honoured with ‘The Changemaker Influencer’ by Inflow (one of the largest influencer platforms) in 2019.
View this post on Instagram
- In 2021, Diipa launched her cosmetic range ‘Indē Wild’ in Amsterdam.
- During an interview, she talked about the racism she faced for her dark skin tone. She said,
I have faced these issues my entire life. In 2016, I was rejected by a PR firm to attend a London Fashion Week show and another influencer, who was caucasian with fewer followers, was allowed. The only difference being our skin tones! But I used the negativity as fuel to push myself harder. Every time I faced a sexism issue, I would think: one day I will be your CEO and then men will know what sexism is.”
She further added,
But when I went to the West, I started to realise my uniqueness lay in being different and what makes me unique is my identity, my culture and my beautiful skin tone. I started owning it and wearing my Indianness like a gold medal and that gave me confidence. For instance, I stopped wondering how I would ever be in the front row at the Milan Fashion Week, and just went for the challenge. Soon I was not only sitting in the front row but also playing muse to the same design brand that at one time had issues with my colour.”
- In an interview, she shared that her parents have always been her biggest support. She said,
When my parents saw I was doing things bigger than myself, they were proud. At the TED Talk in Amritsar, they were in the audience and smiled when I spoke. Later, after taking selfies with young girls, when I asked my mother why she’d been smiling so much she said, ‘You know the little girl who was taking selfies with you? You were like that 10 years ago.’ And that is so true.”
- In an interview, she talked about being confident even in her worst times. She said,
It’s about being bold and daring to ask questions. When it comes to running a business, I don’t always know what I’m doing, but it’s all about owning it, taking risks and not being afraid of failure. It’s something you should work on from the inside out.”
- She has been featured on the cover of many famous fashion magazines.
- During an interview, she shared her top five brand/designer picks from India. She said,
Recognition must be given where it’s due. There are so many incredibly talented Indian designers and brands that I love; to name a few: Sabyasachi, Gaurav Gupta, Anamika Khanna, Raw Mango, and Amrapali Jewels.”
- She is an animal lover and has two pet dogs named Kubii and Bimbo.
- In an interview, she shared the beauty products that she used daily. She said,
I’m all about the natural, no make-up look, so I go with a tinted moisturiser or a light foundation—IT Cosmetics tinted moisturiser is a must-have in my bag. I like to wear some colour on my cheeks and eyes, its usually something from Nudestix. I also apply liquid highlighter on the cheeks and nose, a light coat of mascara, nude lipstick, and a brow definer. In terms of skincare, I use the Kiehl’s face wash followed by either the Embryolisse cream or a retinol cream. I usually wear my hair in curls, and Kérastase is my go-to for hair care.”
- In 2020 and 2021, during the coronavirus pandemic, she shared her daily routine. In an interview, she said,
I am busier than ever before. Everyone is online! And I am working hard to give them amazing content. At the same time, I am also learning the truly important things in life. I’m currently doing a psychology course online along with meditation, fitness and cooking courses.”
- During an interview, she shared the tips related to accessorizing while travelling. She said,
I love to play with accessories depending on the season and the country I am traveling to. A lot of necklaces, bracelets, and earrings are essential for a great look. I adore bags and they reflect my daily mood plus I also love adding sunglasses and for the summertime cute hats. Another great way to play with accessories is to mix and match gold and silver jewelry which I absolutely love doing.”
- She has walked the Cannes red carpet three-time (as of 2021). Her Cannes red carpet look in 2021 became the talk of the town as she added breast pumps to her gown. In an Instagram post, she wrote,
Being a mother does NOT mean that you are now the target of everybody and anybody’s scrutiny. Whether it be opinions shared from family, friends, or strangers; the judgement is still unapologetic and burdensome on new or experienced mothers. This is just a reminder that online personalities are human as well, where life and feelings lay behind a screen.”