|Famous For||Being the son of the renowned Punjabi comedian-turned-politician Bhagwant Mann|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 183 cm
in meters- 1.83 m
in feet & inches- 6’
|Date of Birth||21 December 2004 (Tuesday)|
|Age (as of 2021)||17 Years|
|Caste||Jatt The Indian Express|
|Relationships & More|
|Parents||Father- Bhagwant Mann (comedian, actor, politician)
Mother- Inderpreet Kaur
|Siblings||Sister- Seerat Kaur Mann
Some Lesser Known Facts About Dilshan Mann
- Dilshan Mann is the son of Bhagwant Mann, a renowned Indian comedian, actor, and politician who became the 17th Chief Minister of Punjab on 16 March 2022.
- He spent his early childhood in India, juggling his time between Punjab and Chandigarh.
- Bhagwant Mann contested in the 2014 Indian general elections in Punjab from the Sangrur Lok Sabha constituency on a ticket from the Aam Aadmi Party (AAP), which he won defeating SAD candidate Sukhdev Singh Dhindsa with a margin of 2,11,721 votes.
- In March 2015, Dilshan’s parents made headlines when they filed an application for divorce under Section 13-B of the Hindu Marriage Act, the decree of divorce by mutual consent, in a SAS Nagar court. A post on Bhagwant Mann’s Facebook account exhibited that his divorce wasn’t particularly due to personal problems and that he chose Punjab over his family. Bhagwant Mann, who is known for his oratory in Parliament, posted a poem on his Facebook Account, which read,
Jo latkeya si chiran ton o hal ho geya,
Court ch eh faisla kal ho geya,
Ek passay parivar, dujje passay si parivar,
Main tan yarro Punjab de wal ho geya.”
(A long-pending issue has been resolved. The court decided yesterday. I had to choose between one family and the other. I decided to go with Punjab)In the aftermath of the divorce, many also accused Mann of using his divorce case to get political mileage.
- After the separation of his parents in 2015, he moved to Auburn, Washington, with his mother.
- Seerat and Dilshan came into the spotlight when their father became the 17th Chief Minister of Punjab in 2022. The siblings flew all the way from Washington to India to attend their father’s oath-taking ceremony, which was held on 16 March 2022 at Khatkar Kalan, the ancestral village of the Indian revolutionary Bhagat Singh.
- While addressing the media at Punjab Raj Bhawan in 2022, Dilshan and Seerat revealed that they last visited their father during the 2017 Punjab Legislative Assembly elections in which he contested from the Jalalabad Assembly Constituency.
- In a gesture of welcome, Punjabi comedian, actor, and singer Karamjit Anmol held a private cake cutting ceremony for the Dilshan and Seerat at his home upon their arrival in India ahead of Bhagwant Mann’s oath-taking ceremony in March 2022.