Some Lesser Known Facts About Dr. Kafeel Ahmed Khan
- Does Dr. Kafeel Ahmed Khan smoke?: Not Known
- Does Dr. Kafeel Ahmed Khan drink alcohol?: Not Known
- Dr. Kafeel’s name made the rounds in media after more than 60 children were died at the Baba Raghav Das (BRD) Medical College in Gorakhpur in August 2017.
- Dr. Kafeel is an M.D. in Paediatrics and working as a doctor in BRD Medical College, Gorakhpur.
- During the SP Government, he was appointed the Chief Nodal Officer of Encephalitis department at BRD Medical College, Gorakhpur.
- He also owns and runs a private Nursing Home named “Medispring Children Hospital,” a 50-bed children’s hospital at Azaad Chowk in Gorakhpur.
- According to anonymous sources from the hospital, Mr. Khan and Dr. R. K. Misra were in-charge of ensuring a continuous supply of oxygen cylinders.
- After the harrowing incident, some media reports projected him as a saviour of children. According to those reports, on the night of the incident, Mr. Khan left no stone unturned to save the children. He even spent 10 thousand rupees from his own pocket to arrange oxygen cylinders. While according to other media reports, his projection in media as a Hero was fake and, in fact, he was doing so just to cover up his ill deeds.
- According to sources, Mr. Khan was also a part of the hospital’s Purchase Committee and was aware of the fact that the hospital owed a huge debt to Pushpa Sales, the Lucknow-based oxygen supplier.
- After the incident of 10 August 2017, Dr. Khan was dismissed from the post of Chief Nodal Officer of Encephalitis department. However, he was allowed to serve as a doctor at the hospital.
- On 11 June 2018, his brother Kashif Jameel was shot at in Gorakhpur. Two men on a scooty allegedly fired at him and fled, leaving him grievously wounded. 35-year-old Kashif Jameel runs a battery inverter business.
📢⚡TRENDING: List of ICC World Cup Winners (1975-2015)