|Real name||Melek Davarcı Hürriyet|
|Profession(s)||Musician, Music Teacher|
|Known For||Chopping her hair during one of her stage performances to support the anti-hijab protest in Iran
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 168 cm
in meters- 1.68 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 6”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms- 55 kg
in pounds- 121 lbs
|Figure Measurements (approx.)||34-28-34|
|Date of Birth||11 November 1988 (Friday)|
|Age (as of 2022)||34 Years|
|School||Fine Arts High School in Turkey|
|College/University||Department of Music Teaching, Adnan Menderes University, Aydın, Turkey Habertürk|
|Tattoo(s)||• On her left shoulder: A flower, mike, and star
• On her right wrist: A wrist band
• On her right hand: Finger tattoos
|Relationships & More|
|Affairs/Boyfriends||Serkan Sağdıç (Turkish entrepreneur)
|Parents||Father- Name Not Known
Mother- Hatice Mosso
|Siblings||Brother- Süleyman Mosso (manager at a film production company)
Some Lesser Known Facts About Melek Mosso
- Melek Mosso is a Turkish musician and music teacher, who came into the limelight for chopping her hair in one of her stage performances for supporting anti-hijab protests in Iran.
- Melek Mosso belongs to a Muslim family.
- On her Instagram account, she was a victim of bully for many years.
- She started playing the flute while she was studying in high school. She started composing music at the age of 7 and started her training in playing the musical instrument Bağlama and Turkish folk music at Denizli Municipality Conservatory, Turkey.
- While studying in university, she performed in the chorus and even performed solo songs.
- She then started singing songs at the Kadıköy- Beşiktaş line in Istanbul.
- Melek even organised the classes of piano, flute, solfège, and harmony for various school students.
- She then founded a music band ‘Zbam The Band’ along with her friends.
View this post on Instagram
- Melek participated in the Turkish singing TV reality show ‘O Ses Türkiye’ in 2011.
- In 2017, she uploaded the “Hiç Işık Yok” cover song on YouTube which gained more than 100 million views within a few days. She gained immense popularity with the song, and it was also included in the Turkish TV series ‘Çukur’ (2017). In one of the singing contests, Melek received a jury award.
- She has released various Turkish singles like “Kedi” (2018), “Sarıla Sarıla” (2019), “Kurtuldun Dediler” (2020), “Sonrası Kalır” (2021), “Sabahçı Kahvesi” (2022), and “Çanakkale Türküsü” (2022).
- She has also performed live at various stage shows and events.
- She has a dog named Drogo, and a cat named Bohem.
- Melek loves to go on trips and do horse riding during her leisure time.
- She smokes cigarettes and consumes alcohol occasionally.
- Melek has received many awards for her singing.
- Her work is managed by Müge Sözen, a Turkish talent agent.
- As of 2022, Melek has more than 645k subscribers on her YouTube channel ‘Melek Mosso.’
- In September 2022, Melek chopped her hair in one of her stage shows. She did it to support the anti-hijab protest in Iran. The protest started in September 2022, after an Iranian woman named Mahsa Amini was detained and then killed by the morality police of Iran for not covering her head properly.
A bit of her hair was visible which is said to be against the dress code laws of Iran. Melek shared her video of cutting her hair on her Instagram account. She captioned the video,
If you want to grab us by the hair and drag us into your darkness, we’ll cut that hair too! Freedom should be equal for all around the world. It is the right of all women to live humanely in this world! The various restrictions and persecution of my sisters, wherever in the world, breaks my heart. Mahsa Amini, who was killed at a young age, and many others whose lives were taken from them in the recent conflicts… I am with the Iranian people and the women who are fighting for their freedom there until the [email protected]_ghobadi(Iranian director) was addressing Turkey’s artists in a video I watched: “Your support can have a great impact on civil protests right now. If artists in Iran hear your voice, they will be more courageous to support their people.” I invite all artists to support and encourage the people struggling there WOMEN, LIFE, FREEDOM! ZEN, ZENDEGI, AZADI!”
View this post on Instagram