|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 168 cm
in meters- 1.68 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 6”
|Debut||Film (Kodava): Ponnamma (2009)
Film (Konkani): Kazar (2009)
Film (Telugu): Edukondalavada Venkataramana Andaru Bagundali (2009)
Film (Malayalam): Charminar (2018) as Nanda
Film (Tamil): Un Kadhal Irundhal (under production as of 2021)
Film (Bhojpuri): Hum Hai Raahi Pyar Ke (under production as of 2021)
|Awards, Honours, Achievements||• 2010: Karnataka State Film Award- Best Supporting Actor for the film Thamassu
• 2010: Suvarna Award- Best Supporting Actress for the film Jackie
• 2019: Chittara Award- Star of the Decade.
• 2019: DS Max National Award for excellence in movies and social work
• 2021: SIMA award for Jackie
• 2021: Women’s Achiever Award
|Date of Birth||1 May 1993 (Saturday)|
|Age (as of 2021)||28 Years|
|Birthplace||Ammathi, Kodagu, Karnataka|
|Hometown||Ammathi, Kodagu, Karnataka|
|College/University||• Christ Junior College, Bangalore
• Cambridge Institute of Technology, Bangalore
|Educational Qualification(s)||• PUC (pre-university course)
• Bachelor of Engineering in Electrical The New Indian Express
|Food Habit||Non-Vegetarian The New Indian Express|
|Relationships & More|
|Parents||Father- Uddapanda Poonacha (Died in 2019)
Mother- Uddapanda Shambavi Poonacha
|Co-Stars||Puneet Rajkumar and Shiv Rajkumar|
|Actor||Shah Rukh Khan|
|Clothing & Accessories Brand||Show Off|
|Shopping Mall||Forum Mall in Koramangala|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Harshika Poonacha
- Does Harshika Poonacha drink alcohol?: Yes
- Harshika Poonacha is an Indian actress, and she has worked in films of different languages.
- She was born and brought up in Karnataka.
- She used to participate in various extra-curricular activities in college, and she was also the cultural coordinator of her college.
- In the summer holidays of her class 12, she joined a TV channel as a host. At that time the director of the Kannada film ‘PUC’ (2008) noticed her and asked her to act in the film. She agreed to it after taking the consent of her parents.
- She continued working as a host in a few more TV shows after completing her schooling. She then completed her Bachelors and started working in a software company ‘Maxpro’ and continued working in films as well. In an interview, she shared that continuing her studies while working in the films was not easy for her, she said,
It was not a bed of roses for her to manage both — pursuing engineering and acting in films. However, an active support system comprising classmates, lecturers and parents allowed me to accomplish both. My juniors used to do my homework. They never complained and were quite happy.”
- Harshika has appeared in various Kannada films including ‘Thamassu’ (2010), ‘5 Idiots’ (2011), ‘Case No. 18/9’ (2013), ‘Bhale Jodi’ (2016), and ‘Udgharsha’ (2019).
- She is a religious person and has a deep faith in Sai Ram.
View this post on Instagram
- She loves to listen to music and spend time with her family and friends whenever she gets time from her busy schedule.
- In an interview, she talked about her ideal man, she said,
An ideal man is someone who is simple and down-to-earth. I hate guys who show off. I’m looking for someone who can play hockey well. He should be from Coorg.”
- In an interview, she said that the sexiest man alive on the earth was the Hollywood actor Tom Cruise.
- She has also worked as a Director at ‘Glamgod Fashions & Events,’ a fashion, modelling, & film casting agency.
- Harshika has walked the ramp in many fashion shows.
View this post on Instagram
- She has appeared as a guest at the inauguration of various showrooms.
- Harshika has been featured on the cover page of many popular magazines.
- She is an animal lover and has a pet dog named Rambo.