|Real Name||Sonam Kapoor|
|Nickname(s)||Sana, Sonz, Giraffe|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 175 cm
in meters- 1.75 m
in feet inches- 5’ 9”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms- 55 kg
in pounds- 121 lbs
|Figure Measurements (approx.)||34-26-34|
|Eye Colour||Dark Brown|
|Date of Birth||9 June 1985|
|Age (as in 2018)||33 Years|
|Birthplace||Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Gemini|
|Hometown||Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|School||Arya Vidya Mandir , Juhu, Mumbai|
|College/Universities||University of Mumbai, Mumbai
University of East London, London
|Educational Qualification||Bachelor's degree in Economics and Political Science|
|Debut||Film Debut: Saawariya (2007)
|Address||31 Shrinagar, 7th Road, JVPD Scheme, Mumbai
|Hobbies||Reading, Shopping, Playing Video Games, Writing, Collecting Paintings|
|Awards/Honours||2008: Stardust Awards in category Superstar of Tomorrow – Female for Saawariya
2015: Stardust Awards in category Best Actress in a Comedy or Romance for Khoobsurat, BIG Star Entertainment Awards for Most Entertaining Actor in a Romantic Role – Female for Prem Ratan Dhan Payo
2016: Best Actress at Indian Film Festival of Melbourne, Best Actress and Icon of The Year at Asiavision Awards for Neerja
2017: Best Actress (Critics) Filmfare Awards for Neerja
|Tattoo(s)||On her Wrist: Written "Faith"
On Her Hip: Written "Sonam" in Chinese language
|Controversies||• After the release of her family production film Aisha (2010), her co-actor Abhay Deol publicly expressed his disappointment over the amount of attention given to Sonam rather than other things.
• In 2010, she had a Twitter fight with Columnist Shobhaa De after Shobhaa's review about Sonam's film I Hate Luv Storys (2010) by calling it "I Hate Dumb Stories" and further went on to call her 'a lassie who lacks oomph', after which Sonam replied her back with chain of tweets.
• After she was chosen as the brand ambassador for one of the products of L'Oreal, she was excited to walk on the red carpet at Cannes with Aishwarya Bachchan, but Aishwarya refused to walk with her. After this incident, she said, "Ash has worked with my dad so I have to call her aunty".
• In an interview with film critic Anupama Chopra at the Cannes, when she was asked about Katrina Kaif, she considered Katrina's success to "a certain kind of shamelessness" in doing "over the top films."
|Boys, Affairs and More|
|Affairs/Boyfriends||Sahir Berry (Entrepreneur, Model)
Punit Malhotra (Director)
Anand Ahuja (Entrepreneur)
|Marriage Date||8 May 2018|
|Marriage Place||Rockdale, Bandra, Mumbai
|Husband/Spouse||Anand Ahuja, Entrepreneur
|Parents||Father- Anil Kapoor (Actor)
Mother- Sunita Kapoor
|Siblings||Brother- Harshvardhan Kapoor (Younger, Actor)
Sister- Rhea Kapoor (Younger, Producer)
Cousin Brothers- Arjun Kapoor, Jahaan Kapoor, Mohit Marwah
Cousin Sisters- Khushi Kapoor, Jhanvi Kapoor, Anshula Kapoor, Shanaya Kapoor
|Uncle and Aunt||Paternal Uncles- Sanjay Kapoor, Boney Kapoor
Paternal Aunts- Maheep Sandhu, Sridevi
|Favourite Food(s)||Pav Bhaji, Cholar Dal, Pork Belly Bun, Dahi Batata Puri, Chocolates|
|Favourite Actor(s)||Bollywood: Anil Kapoor, Akshay Kumar, Shah Rukh Khan
Hollywood: Leonardo DiCaprio, Ryan Gosling, Johnny Depp, Christian Bale
|Favourite Actresses||Bollywood: Nutan, Waheeda Rehman, Meena Kumari, Priyanka Chopra, Rani Mukerji, Madhuri Dixit
Hollywood: Maggie Gyllenhaal, Monica Belluci, Marilyn Monroe, Audrey Hepburn
|Favourite Film(s)||Bollywood: Devdas, Mr. India, Guide, Kagaaz Ke Phool, Rang De Basanti
Hollywood: Titanic, Children of Heaven, City of God
|Favourite Director(s)||Sanjay Leela Bhansali, Imtiaz Ali, Satyajit Ray, Raj Kapoor, Steven Spielberg|
|Favourite Musician||A. R. Rahman|
|Favourite Author(s)||Jane Austen, Enid Blyton, Nancy Drew|
|Favourite Books||Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen, Emma by Jane Austen, Frankenstein by Mary Shelley|
|Favourite Chef||Anthony Bourdain|
|Favourite Sport(s)||Basketball, Squash|
|Favourite Perfume(s)||Michael by Michael Kors, Jean Paul Gaultier Classique|
|Favourite Designer||Anamika Khanna|
|Favourite Restaurant(s)||Gajalee, Radio Club, The Pantry, Arya Bhavan, The Table, Hakkasan in Mumbai
Bengal Sweet House, Parathewaali Galli (an Area) in Delhi
Angelina in Paris
|Favourite Cricketer||Sachin Tendulkar|
|Favourite Destination(s)||Rome, New York, Paris, London|
|Cars Collection||Audi Q7, BMW 7 Series
|Salary (approx.)||₹5 Crore/film|
|Net Worth (approx.)||₹872 Crores ($13 Million)|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Sonam Kapoor
- Does Sonam Kapoor smoke? No
- Does Sonam Kapoor drink alcohol? Yes
- She was born in Mumbai to a Punjabi father and Sindhi mother.
- Despite belonging to a well-civilized family, she has led a normal life and has also worked as a waitress to make out her pocket money while studying in Singapore.
- She loves dancing and has also taken lessons of classical Indian dance and is a trained Kathak, Classical and Latin dancer.
- Since her teenage, she has been suffering from diabetes and has to follow strict diet routine and a daily insulin injection to stay healthy.
- At the age of 16, she wrote a poem titled Ambition, which she decided to give to her soulmate.
- Before acting, she has worked as an assistant director alongside Sanjay Leela Bhansali in the film Black in 2005.
- Due to her overweight, she wasn’t interested in acting, but after a year and a half attempt, Sanjay Leela Bhansali convinced her to make her Bollywood debut.
- Earlier, her weight was around 90 kg, but later she lost around 30 kg of weight for her debut film Saawariya (2007), opposite Ranbir Kapoor.
- After her debut, she bought a designer bag for herself from Selfridges, London; as she has never taken any designer items from her parents.
- Before ruling over the limelight of film industry, she ended up her relationship with her first boyfriend, a Dutch, who had issues with her weight.
- She vowed not to marry an actor.
- She has maintained a good social circle in the glamour industry and her close friends include Dhanush, Imran Khan, Jacqueline Fernandez, Asin, Kareena Kapoor, and Shehla Khan (Fashion Designer).
- During the filming of Aisha, she had a fight with her co-actor Abhay Deol, after which, they both decided not to work together again in future.
- In 2016, she was highly appreciated for her phenomenal performance in the movie Neerja, a biopic on a flight attendant named Neerja Bhanot.
- Sonam is considered as the Fashionista or style-icon of Bollywood due to her updated sense of styling.
- She is the maternal cousin sister to famous Bollywood actor Ranveer Singh.
- Sonam has also appeared in Coldplay’s music video, and she is the only Bollywood actress to appear in Coldplay.
- In 2018, she was starred in Sanjay Dutt‘s biopic- Sanju alongside Ranbir Kapoor after a decade.
- She is a philanthropist and supports many charitable organisations. She participated in the IIFA Fashion Show, which helps widows and orphans of Indian Film Industry workers. She also asked her fans to donate the Ogaan Cancer Foundation on her birthday.
- She had a tongue piercing before and had to remove that for her debut role.
- She used to have Acrophobia (fear of height) and she conquered her fear by doing skydiving in New Zealand.