|Full Name||Amrita Deepak Rao
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 163 cm
in meters- 1.63 m
in feet inches- 5’ 4”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms- 50 kg
in pounds- 110 lbs
|Figure Measurements (approx.)||34-26-34|
|Debut||Bollywood Film: Ab Ke Baras (2002)
Telugu Film: Athidhi (2007)
Hindi TV: Perfect Bride (2009)
• International Indian Film Academy Award for Star Debut of the Year - Female for the film, Ishq Vishk (2003)
• Stardust Award for Superstar of Tomorrow - Female for the film, Ishq Vishk (2003)
• Sansui Award for Best Female Debut for the film, Ishq Vishk (2003)
• GR8 Women Award for Young Achiever for the film, Vivah (2006)
• Dadasaheb Phalke Award for the film, Vivah (2006)
• Anandalok Award for Most Promising New Talent for the film, Vivah (2006)
• Sports World Award for Jodi of the Year (along with Shahid Kapoor) for the film, Vivah (2006)
• Stardust Award for Best Actress for the film, Welcome to Sajjanpur (2008)
Kolkata Kalakar Award for Best Actress Category (Bollywood) for the film, Love U...Mr. Kalakaar! (2011)
• ERTC Herald Global Award for among 50 Most Inspirational Women of Maharashtra
|Date of Birth||7 June 1981|
|Age (as in 2018)||37 Years|
|Birthplace||Pune, Maharashtra, India|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Gemini|
|Hometown||Mangalore, Karnataka, India|
|School||Canossa Convent Girls' School, Mumbai
|College/University||Sophia College for Women, Mumbai|
|Educational Qualification||College dropout|
|Hobbies||Reading Short Stories, Singing|
|Controversies||• At the time of the shooting of the film, Pyare Mohan (2006), there were catfights between Esha Deol and Amrita Rao. In one of the interviews, Esha said "Yes, I slapped Amrita. One day after pack-up, she abused me in front of my director, Indra Kumar and my cameraman and I thought that was totally out of line. To protect my self-respect and dignity, in the heat of the moment, I slapped her. I have no regrets because she totally deserved it for her behaviour towards me at that point in time. I just stood up for myself and my dignity."
• In 2007, there was a controversy happened between Amrita Rao and Ranbir Kapoor. Yash Raj Films offered her a film where she had to kiss Ranbir Kapoor on-screen. However, she denied and rejected that offer of the film.
• There were rumours in 2015 that she had secretly married "RJ Anmol."
• In March 2018, a controversy has been created when she targeted Wikipedia on her twitter account about mentioning wrong information on their website.
|Relationships & More|
|Affairs/Boyfriends||Anmol Sood (Radio Jockey)|
|Marriage Date||15 May 2016|
|Husband/Spouse||Anmol Sood (Radio Jockey)
|Parents||Father- Deepak Rao (runs an advertising agency in Mumbai)
Mother- Kanchan Rao
Sister- Preetika Rao (Actress; Twin with Amrita Rao)
|Favourite Food(s)||Vegetable Stew, Corn Soup, Red Thai Curry, Curd Rice, Chocolate Cake|
|Favourite Cuisine(s)||Italian, Mangalorean, Thai|
|Favourite Drink (non-alcoholic)||Mocktail (Blue Driver)|
|Favourite Restaurant||Out Of The Blue in Mumbai|
|Favourite Actor(s)||Aamir Khan, Govinda, Salman Khan|
|Favourite Actress(es)||Madhuri Dixit, Priyanka Chopra, Deepika Padukone|
|Favourite Film||Andaz Apna Apna (1994)|
|Favourite Film Director(s)||Sooraj Barjatya, Farah Khan|
|Favourite Singer(s)||Mohammed Rafi, Kishore Kumar|
|Favourite Song(s)||• Main Zindagi Ka Saath Nibhata Chala Gaya by Mohammed Rafi
• Aap Yun Hi Agar Humse Milte Rahe by Mohammed Rafi
• Abhi Na Jaao Chhodkar Ke Dil Abhi Bhara Nahin by Mohammed Rafi
• Tum Mujhe Yun Bhula Na Paoge by Mohammed Rafi
|Favourite Colour(s)||Pink, Beige|
|Favourite Designer||Jerry D'Souza|
|Salary (approx.)||₹1 Crore/film (INR)|
- Does Amrita Rao smoke?: No
- Does Amrita Rao drink alcohol?: Not Known
- Amrita Rao belongs to a traditional Konkani family.
- Though she was born in Pune and brought up in Mumbai; her family background is from Mangalore, Karnataka, India.
- She was named after her grandfather, Amrit Rao, who was a freedom fighter.
- Amrita is a close relative of Guru Dutt; as her grandfather and Guru Dutt were second cousins.
- Amrita Rao studied in a very strict school, named, Canossa Convent Girls’ School, Mumbai. In one of her interviews, she said, “I went to a strict school. Even if a button was missing here and a clip missing there, we were punished. I had to always be obedient. No masti at all for me.”
- She is a trained Hindustani Classical Singer and received three years training in classical singing during her school days.
- She, along with her sister, Preetika Rao started modelling since her college days. Her first TV commercial was Fairever Face Cream.
- Amrita Rao has also done numerous other TV commercials like Close-up, Godrej No. 1, Jolen Creme Bleach, Wrigley Chewing Gum, Fena Detergent, Anne French, etc.
- She has walked the ramp at numerous fashion shows.
- At the age of 16, she had her first crush on Indian cricketer, Nayan Mongia.
- Amrita Rao dropped out her graduation in Psychology due to modelling offers.
- In 2002, she appeared in the Alisha Chinoy‘s music video, Woh Pyar Mera Woh Yaar Mera.
- She made her acting debut in 2002 by playing the role of Anjali Thapar/Nandini in the Bollywood film, Ab Ke Baras.
- Amrita became a household name in 2006 when she played the role of Poonam in the superhit Bollywood film, Vivah.
- She is popularly known as the “Girl-Next-Door of Bollywood.”
- In 2009, she was one of the judges of the Indian reality TV show, Perfect Bride that was aired on STAR Plus.
- In 2010, she signed a Chandraprakash Dwivedi’s film, The Legend of Kunal, with Amitabh Bachchan and Tabu. However, the film was not released. She even gets her fees.
- In the same year, Amrita also did a film with Neil Nitin Mukesh, directed by Ken Ghosh. However, the film was again not released.
- In 2016, she portrayed the character of Kalyani Gaikwad (Lata Mangeshkar) in the TV serial, Meri Awaaz Hi Pehchaan Hai.
- Amrita Rao was offered the role of Salman Khan’s sister in the Bollywood film, Prem Ratan Dhan Payo. She rejected the role apparently, as it had negative traits and was not interested to play the role of Salman Khan’s sister.
- She was also offered the role in the Hollywood film “A Knight With The King,” but she didn’t accept the film.
- After Madhuri Dixit, she was chosen by the renowned painter “M. F. Husain” as his second muse and the theme of his paintings.
- Amrita Rao is fluent in various languages like English, Hindi, Marathi, and Konkani.
- Her dream is to see herself in a black and white film.
- On 15 May 2016, she got married to a radio jockey, Anmol Sood after seven years of being in a relationship.