Amrita Rao Age, Husband, Boyfriend, Family, Biography & More
Husband: Anmol Sood
Hometown: Pune, Maharashtra
Height: 5' 4"
|Full Name||Amrita Deepak Rao
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 163 cm
in meters- 1.63 m
in feet inches- 5’ 4”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms- 50 kg
in pounds- 110 lbs
|Figure Measurements (approx.)||34-26-34|
|Debut||Bollywood Film: Ab Ke Baras (2002)
Telugu Film: Athidhi (2007)
Hindi TV: Perfect Bride (2009)
• International Indian Film Academy Award for Star Debut of the Year - Female for the film, Ishq Vishk (2003)
• Stardust Award for Superstar of Tomorrow - Female for the film, Ishq Vishk (2003)
• Sansui Award for Best Female Debut for the film, Ishq Vishk (2003)
• GR8 Women Award for Young Achiever for the film, Vivah (2006)
• Dadasaheb Phalke Award for the film, Vivah (2006)
• Anandalok Award for Most Promising New Talent for the film, Vivah (2006)
• Sports World Award for Jodi of the Year (along with Shahid Kapoor) for the film, Vivah (2006)
Stardust Award for Best Actress for the film, Welcome to Sajjanpur (2008)
Kolkata Kalakar Award for Best Actress Category (Bollywood) for the film, Love U...Mr. Kalakaar! (2011)
ERTC Herald Global Award for among 50 Most Inspirational Women of Maharashtra
|Date of Birth||She never shared her actual date of birth with media. News 18 During a media interaction, she said, "I have been a very private person, so when it comes to my personal details, I like to keep it away from the public glare. I don’t celebrate my birthday with the media. So, whenever the media asked me about my age, I used to give those Shakuntala Devi type of answers, like never ask a woman her age and a man his wage. I have never disclosed the details."|
|Birthplace||Pune, Maharashtra, India|
|Hometown||Mangalore, Karnataka, India|
|School||Canossa Convent Girls' School, Mumbai
|College/University||Sophia College for Women, Mumbai|
|Educational Qualification||College Dropout|
|Hobbies||Reading Short Stories, and Singing|
|Controversies||• At the time of the shooting of the film, Pyare Mohan (2006), there were catfights between Esha Deol and Amrita Rao. In one of the interviews, Esha said
Yes, I slapped Amrita. One day after pack-up, she abused me in front of my director, Indra Kumar and my cameraman and I thought that was totally out of line. To protect my self-respect and dignity, in the heat of the moment, I slapped her. I have no regrets because she totally deserved it for her behaviour towards me at that point in time. I just stood up for myself and my dignity."
• In 2007, there was a controversy between Amrita Rao and Ranbir Kapoor. Yash Raj Films offered her a film where she had to kiss Ranbir Kapoor on-screen. However, she denied and rejected that offer of the film.
• In March 2018, she targeted Wikipedia on her twitter account for mentioning her wrong information on their website.
|Relationships & More|
|Affairs/Boyfriends||Anmol Sood (Radio Jockey)|
|Marriage Date||In an interview, she revealed that she tied the knot in a secret wedding in 2014. Hindustan Times|
|Husband/Spouse||Anmol Sood (Radio Jockey)
Note: In April 2022, Amrita Rao and RJ Anmol revealed that they lost a baby via surrogacy. Pinkvilla
|Parents||Father- Deepak Rao (runs an advertising agency in Mumbai)
Mother- Kanchan Rao
|Siblings||Sister- Preetika Rao (Actress; Twin with Amrita Rao)
|Food||Vegetable Stew, Corn Soup, Red Thai Curry, Curd Rice, and Chocolate Cake|
|Cuisine(s)||Italian, Mangalorean, and Thai|
|Drink (non-alcoholic)||Mocktail (Blue Driver)|
|Restaurant||Out of The Blue in Mumbai|
|Actor(s)||Aamir Khan, Govinda, and Salman Khan|
|Actress(es)||Madhuri Dixit, Priyanka Chopra, and Deepika Padukone|
|Film||Andaz Apna Apna (1994)|
|Film Director(s)||Sooraj Barjatya and Farah Khan|
|Singer(s)||Mohammed Rafi, Kishore Kumar|
|Song(s)||• Main Zindagi Ka Saath Nibhata Chala Gaya by Mohammed Rafi
• Aap Yun Hi Agar Humse Milte Rahe by Mohammed Rafi
• Abhi Na Jaao Chhodkar Ke Dil Abhi Bhara Nahin by Mohammed Rafi
• Tum Mujhe Yun Bhula Na Paoge by Mohammed Rafi
|Colour(s)||Pink and Beige|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Amrita Rao
- Amrita Rao is a popular Indian actress.
- Amrita Rao belongs to a traditional Konkani family.
- Her parents are from Mangalore, Karnataka, India.
- She was named after her grandfather, Amrit Rao, who was a freedom fighter.
- Amrita is a close relative of actor, Guru Dutt; as her grandfather and Guru Dutt were second cousins.
- Amrita Rao studied in a very strict school, Canossa Convent Girls’ School, Mumbai. In one of her interviews, she said,
I went to a strict school. Even if a button was missing here and a clip missing there, we were punished. I had to always be obedient. No masti at all for me.”
- She is a trained Hindustani Classical Singer and received three years training in classical singing during her school days.
- She, along with her sister, Preetika Rao started modelling since her college days. Her first TV commercial was Fairever Face Cream.
- Amrita Rao has also done numerous other TV commercials like Close-up, Godrej No. 1, Jolen Creme Bleach, Wrigley Chewing Gum, Fena Detergent, and Anne French.
- She has walked the ramp in numerous fashion shows.
- At the age of 16, she had her first crush on Indian cricketer, Nayan Mongia.
- Amrita Rao dropped out of her graduation to pursue her career in modelling.
- In 2002, she appeared in the Alisha Chinoy‘s music video, Woh Pyar Mera Woh Yaar Mera.
- She made her acting debut in 2002, in the Bollywood film, Ab Ke Baras in which she played the role of Anjali Thapar/Nandini.
- Amrita became a household name in 2006 when she played the role of Poonam in the superhit Bollywood film, Vivah.
- She is popularly known as the “Girl-Next-Door of Bollywood.”
- In 2009, she appeared as one of the judges of the Indian reality TV show, Perfect Bride that was aired on STAR Plus.
- In 2010, she signed a Chandraprakash Dwivedi’s film, The Legend of Kunal, with Amitabh Bachchan and Tabu. The film was not released, but she was paid.
- In the same year, Amrita did a film with Neil Nitin Mukesh, directed by Ken Ghosh. However, the film was again not released.
- In 2016, she portrayed the character of Kalyani Gaikwad (Lata Mangeshkar) in the TV serial, Meri Awaaz Hi Pehchaan Hai.
- Amrita Rao was offered the role of Salman Khan’s sister in the Bollywood film, Prem Ratan Dhan Payo. She rejected the role apparently, as it had negative traits and was not interested to play the role of Salman Khan’s sister.
- She was also offered the role in the Hollywood film “A Knight With The King,” but she didn’t accept the offer.
- After Madhuri Dixit, she was chosen by the renowned painter “M. F. Husain” as his second muse and the theme of his paintings.
- Amrita Rao is fluent in various languages like English, Hindi, Marathi, and Konkani.
- Her dream is to see herself in a black and white film.
- On 15 May 2016, she got married to a radio jockey, Anmol Sood after seven years of their relationship.
- In an interview, she talked about quitting many big-budget films as she wasn’t comfortable in kissing scenes. She further added that it was RJ Anmol who had advised her to quit the film industry before she got married to him in a secret wedding in 2014. Hindustan Times She said,
At that point, Anmol could see I was declining some huge movie offers only because I wasn’t comfortable doing kissing scenes and lovemaking sequences on screen. Hence, he thought it was the right time to focus on exploring a beautiful personal life and tying the knot. He did ask me to quit my career and I was completely shattered. However, in a day or two, he told me that in hindsight, he realised that demand was unreasonable and that he was sorry about it.”