Marital Status: Unmarried
Age: 18 Years
Hometown: Allahabad, Uttar Pradesh
Some Lesser Known Facts About Falak Naz
- Falak Naz is an Indian cricketer who is known for being part of the ICC Under-19 Indian Women’s team that won the T20 World Cup in South Africa in 2023.
- She was born into a financially weak family. Her father’s income was not enough to feed the family so her brother left his studies and started working at a cycle repair shop.
- Falak lives with her family in a single-room, tin-roofed house near the banks of the Yamuna river in the Katghar area of Prayagraj, Uttar Pradesh.
- When she was a child, she used to play cricket with her friends for fun, but later she started taking it seriously and wanted to make a career in it.
- When she was 12 years old, she started playing cricket. She was studying at Arya Girls Inter College, Allahabad, but to take cricket coaching she took admission to Dr Kailash Nath Katju Inter College, Kydganj. Her father could not offroad her academy fee, so she started taking training at her school. In 2015, she started taking training under her school coach Ajay Yadav. Her coach opened his own academy and started giving free training to Falak.
- In an interview, her father said that she used to play cricket with three matches in a day with boys. She practised for 9-10 hours a day.
- She wanted to become a fast bowler but on her coach’s advice, she decided to become an all-rounder.
- In 2016, she was selected for the Uttar Pradesh junior women’s cricket team.
- In 2018, she played the Bold Trophy tournament organized by Uttar Pradesh Cricket Academy.
- In December 2022, she was selected to be part of the under-19 national team for the ICC Under-19 Women’s T20 World Cup which won the match in South Africa.
- In an interview, she said that in her hometown, it was not common for women to play cricket. She further said that her family and her coach were her biggest supporters and they encouraged her a lot to play cricket.
- According to her father, he got the motivation to support his daughter from Prime Minister Narendra Modi‘s campaign ‘Beti Bachao Beti Padhao’ and the 2016 Bollywood film Dangal.
- Falak’s favourite cricketer is Jasprit Bumrah.