|Profession(s)||Actor, Model, TV Anchor|
|Famous Role||"Kuckoo" a transgender and love interest of "Ganesh Eknath Gaitonde" in the Netflix TV series 'Sacred Games'
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 170 cm
in meters- 1.70 m
in feet inches- 5’ 7”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms- 55 kg
in pounds- 121 lbs
|Figure Measurements (approx.)||34-26-34|
|Eye Colour||Hazel Brown|
|Date of Birth||27 July 1983|
|Age (as of 2022)||39 Years|
|Birthplace||Bengaluru, Karnataka, India|
|Hometown||Bengaluru, Karnataka, India|
|School(s)||New Horizon Public School, Bengaluru
New Horizon English High School, Bengaluru
|College/University||Jyoti Nivas College, Bengaluru
National Institute of Management & Information Sciences, Bengaluru
|Educational Qualification(s)||Bachelor of Commerce (B.Com)
Bachelor of Business Management (BBM) in Finance/Marketing
|Debut||Film: Ready (2011)
TV: Adam Vs Madam (2010, as an anchor)
Web Series: Going Viral Pvt. Ltd. (2017)
|Hobbies||Travelling, Hiking, Rafting, Scuba Diving, Bungee Jumping, Ziplining|
|Boys, Affairs and More|
|Parents||Father- Zakria Sait
Mother- Yasmin Sait
|Siblings||Brother- Danish Sait (Younger, Radio Jockey- RJ)
|Actor(s)||Shah Rukh Khan, Salman Khan, Ranveer Singh|
|Actress||Sushmita Sen, Scarlett Johansson|
|Film(s)||Her, Short Term 12|
|Web Series||The Staircase|
|Beauty Brand(s)||Rub Rub Rub, Lush, L'Occitane, Natasha Moor, Becca, Benefit|
|Perfume(s)||Issey Miyake, Tommy Boy|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Kubbra Sait
- Does Kubbra Sait smoke?: Not Known
- Does Kubbra Sait drink alcohol?: Yes
- Kubra was born into a conservative Muslim family; as she wasn’t allowed much liberty.
- She was raised by a single parent, her mother, who is also her manager.
- As a kid, she was introvert and was bullied a lot at about her name as it sounds like “Kubda” that means “Humped.” Until she reached the 6th standard, she was so low in confidence that she couldn’t have a proper conversation with anyone. During that period, her mother installed confidence in her as she took her to Buoyancee Learning Centre, where she learned the skills of public speaking that skyrocketed her confidence level. And, when he reached the 7th standard, she gave the first speech of her life in school assembly about ‘earthquakes.’
- She always knew that she wants to be a performer and when she reached the age of 12, she hosted her first show at the Padmashri Institute of Physiotherapy.
- In 2007, she had a dream start to her career as she got placed as a marketing professional at the Microsoft in Dubai. But, she left her secure job and came back to India to do what she loves the most, entertaining.
- She took her first step towards the glamour world in 2009 when she was crowned ‘Miss Personality’ as a part of the Miss India Worldwide beauty pageant.
- She had a very successful career in public speaking and is known for her YouTube content on ‘Kommune – The Storyteller Custard Cuddles & Catastrophe’, TedX Speaker – SJCBangalore, Getting Periods for the First Time, PepTalks with Kubra Sait, etc.
- She has featured in commercials for various popular brands like- Airtel, Ganna.com, TVS Wego, Big Bazaar – Public Holiday Sale Ad, etc.
- She had a dream debut in Bollywood as she acted alongside Salman Khan in the action romantic comedy film ‘Ready’ (2011).
- Besides being a brilliant actor, she is also a great anchor and her anchoring earned her the Best Emcee (Female) Award 2013.
- Her breakthrough role came in Netflix’s ‘Sacred Games’ (2018), where she played the challenging role of a transgender bar dancer & cabaret singer, and most importantly, the love interest of Nawazuddin Siddiqui.
- She is an avid cat lover.
- In June 2022, Kubbra Sait came up with her memoir titled Open Book: Not quite a Memoir in which she revealed that she was sexually abused by her uncle in her teenage. According to Kubbra, the uncle was the owner of a restaurant in Bengaluru and helped her mother with her ‘financial woes.’ In her memoir, Kubbra wrote,
When Mumma sighed at the reprieve that cash provided, I sighed too. Just then, a hand slid to the back seat of the car where I was sitting and slid up my dress. X, who was no longer my uncle, smiled as he rubbed my thigh. I was numb in that moment… He started frequenting our home, and Mumma would laugh with and cook for him. In front of her, he would kiss my cheek and say, ‘Oh my Kubrati, you’re my favourite little one’. Although uncomfortable, I kept quiet.”
While giving detail about the incident of her first sexual assault, Kubbra wrote that once her uncle took her to a hotel where he started kissing her. She wrote,
This was not supposed to happen, but it was happening. I should have screamed, but I could not. I should have run for help, but I was shell-shocked. The kiss grew. He convinced me it was what I wanted, that it would make me feel better. He kept repeating it until I felt deafened, and then he unbuckled his trousers. I was unsure of what exactly was happening, but I remember thinking, I am losing my virginity. It was a big deal, but it was also my shameful secret.” The Times of India