|Names Earned||Dharmesh Sir|
|Profession(s)||Dancer, Choreorapher & Actor|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 168 cm
in meters- 1.68 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 6”
|Debut||As a Choreographer: Title Song of the film "Tees Maar Khan" (2010)
As an Actor: ABCD : Any Body Can Dance (2020) as 'Dharmesh/D'
Gujarati Debut: Safalta 0Km (2020)
|Achievements||• 2007: First runner up of the dance reality show "Airtel Krazzy Kiya Re"
• 2008: Winner of the dance reality show "Boogie Woogie (TV series) Mahayudh"
• 2009: First runner up of the dance reality show "Dance India Dance (season 2)"
|Date of Birth||31 October 1983 (Monday)|
|Age (as in 2019)||36 Years|
|School||Baroda High School, Vadodara|
|Ethnicity||He belongs to a Marathi Family,but considers himself as a Gujarati. Times of India|
|Hobbies||Travelling, Partying, and Playing Cricket|
|Relationships & More|
|Affairs/Girlfriends||Breshna Khan (2016-Present)
|Parents||Father- Name not known (He used to run a tea stall)
Mother- Name not known (homemaker)
|Siblings||Brother(s)- Vicky Yelande and Kalpesh Yelande
|Actor(s)||Nawazuddin Siddiqui, Irrfan Khan, Smit Pandya|
|Dancer(s)||Remo D’Souza, Prabhu Deva|
|Film Directo(s)||Imtiaz Ali, Anurag Kashyap|
|Car Collection||• SuperSport (Chevrolet)
• Jeep Wrangler
Some Lesser Known Facts About Dharmesh Yelande
- Dharmesh Yelande is an Indian dancer, choreographer, and actor.
- Since his childhood, he was passionate about dancing. Prabhu Deva, and his mentor, Krishna Rao were his inspiration, and he used to copy Govinda’s moves. He began by learning break-dance and Bharatanatyam, and eventually, joined Krishna Rao’s dance classes.
- He also considers Remo D’Souza as one of his biggest inspiration. According to him,
Remo Sir is also a mindblowing dancer. Whenever I meet him, it’s only dance that we discuss. He’s a person with such wonderful dance techniques that one is left simply wondering ‘Ki kya idea hai bhai, yeh step to dhoom macha dega.”
- During his struggling days, he used to work as a peon. Later, he noticed that the job was not giving him enough time to practice dance, hence, he left his job as a peon and started to run a Sev Usal Laari stall, right next to his father’s tea stall.
- At the beginning of his career, he used to be a background dancer for the Gujarati superstars like Hitu Kanodia, Naresh Kanodia, and Vikram Thakor.
- He shot to fame after contesting the dance reality show “Dance Indian Dance (Season 2).” He became the first runner up of the show and appeared consecutively in spin-off’s of Dance India Dance (DID); DID Lil Champs as ‘Jeetumoni (Team Dharmesh),’ DID Doubles as ‘Geeta Kapoor’s assistant,’ Dance Ke Superkids as ‘Captain of Wakao team.’
- In 2011, he contested the show, Dance Ke Superstars and became the winner of the show.
- In 2013, he became the judge of the Colors Marathi show “MAD – MhanjeAssal Dancer.”
- Since 2015, he has been the captain of the dance reality show “Dance Plus” on Star Plus.
- He has acted in many Bollywood films; ABCD 2 (2015), Banjo (2016), Nawabzaade (2018), and Street Dancer (2020).
- He has also acted in Bhojpuri films.
- In 2020, he contested the reality TV show “Khatron Ke Khiladi 10” on Colors TV.
- He is popularly known as Dharmesh sir, and sometimes, even his mother calls him ‘sir.’ Talking about how he got the pseudonym, he said,
A few years ago, my students had performed at one of the reality shows and the judges, including Geeta ma’am, were impressed. So when they asked them who their choreographer was, they said ‘Dharmesh sir’. My performance was scheduled after theirs and when the judges asked me if my choreographer was also ‘Dharmesh sir’, I told them sheepishly that I was Dharmesh. That’s how I became popular as Dharmesh sir.”
- According to Dharmesh, if not an actor, he would have been a cricketer.