Age: 43 Years
Girlfriend: Mallika Singh
• Theatre Artist
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 175 cm
in meters- 1.75 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 9”
|Debut||Television Film: Sunsilk Real FM (2014) on MTV India (as Jawahar)
|Date of Birth||16 August 1980 (Saturday)|
|Age (as of 2023)||43 Years|
|College/University||Ruparel College, Matunga, Mumbai Hindustan Times|
|Relationships & More|
|Affairs/Girlfriends||Mallika Singh (theatre artist)|
|Parents||Father- Devinder Singh Riar
Mother- Raj Kanwal Riar
|Siblings||Brother- Karan Riar (choreographer)
Sister- Sonika Riar (fashion designer)
Some Lesser Known Facts About Gagan Dev Riar
- Gagan Dev Riar is an Indian actor and theatre artist. He is known for his work in theatrical productions and web series.
- He had a deep passion for acting since childhood and started performing in plays when he was 16 years old.
- He received formal training in acting under a two-month summer program at Ashok Kumars Academy Of Dramatic Arts in Chembur, Mumbai.
- After making his debut as an actor in the television film ‘Sunsilk Real FM’ (2014), he appeared in the Hindi web series ‘Not Fit’ (2015), which premiered on the YouTube channel Dice Media and the OTT platform TVF Play.
- He worked as a director in the play ‘James Aur Ek Giant Peach’ in 2014, which is a Hindi adaptation of the novel ‘James and the Giant Peach,’ written by Ronald Dahl.
- In 2015, he worked as an actor, music composer, and lyricist for the play ‘Ek Punjab Ye Bhi.’
- Gagan Dev Riar acted and composed music for the play ‘Dhat Pagli’ in 2016.
- In the same year, he performed in the play ‘Bade Miyan Deewaane,’ which was based on Shaukat Thanvi’s Urdu novel titled ‘Budhbhas.’
- He played a leading role alongside Manjiri Pupala in the play ‘Renovation’ in 2017.
- He acted alongside Mantra in the play ‘Piya Behrupiya,’ which was based on Shakespeare’s ‘Twelfth Night.’
- Gagan Dev Riar has also been a part of the musical version of ‘Monsoon Wedding,’ by Mira Nair.
- Some other notable plays performed by Gagan Dev Riar include ‘Ishq Aaha,’ ‘Phir Se Shadi,’ ‘Parey,’ and ‘Stories in a Song.’
- He has been a part of Om Katare’s theatre group ‘Yatri’ for nine years.
- In 2019, he acted alongside Sushant Singh Rajput in the Hindi film ‘Sonchiriya.’ He played the role of Khalifa in the film.
- In 2020, he played the role of Pran Kapoor in the BBC television drama miniseries ‘A Suitable Boy,’ starring Tabu.
- In 2023, he portrayed the convicted Indian counterfeiter Abdul Karim Telgi in the biographical web series ‘Scam 2003: The Telgi Story’ (2023), which premiered on Sony LIV. It was his first film as a lead actor.
- In an interview, he revealed that he had to gain approximately 20 kg of body weight to play the role of Abdul Karim Telgi in the web series ‘Scam 2003: The Telgi Story’ (2023).
- In an interview, he disclosed that he had been chosen to play the role of Sitaraman in the web series ‘Scam 1992: The Harshad Mehta Story’ (2020). However, due to scheduling issues, he was unable to accept the role. While talking about it in the interview, he said,
If not for date issues, I would have been part of the first choice for the character of Sitaraman, the SBI manager who was at the centre of the whole securities scam, which was later exceptionally played by Jamini Pathak.”