Gail Nicole Da Silva Height, Age, Boyfriend, Family, Biography & More
|Famous For||She became the Femina Miss India United Continent in 2014.|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 173 cm
in meters- 1.73 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 8”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms- 50 kg
in pounds- 110.231 lbs
|Figure Measurements (approx.)||34-26-34|
|Eye Colour||Light Brown|
|Hair Colour||Light Brown|
|Achievements||• She became the first runner up at Miss United Continents 2014
• She was crowned Femina Miss India Goa 2013
|Date of Birth||6 February 1993 (Saturday)|
|Age (as of 2021)||28 Years|
|School||St. Pius X Convent High School, Goa|
|College/University||Dempo college of commerce and economics, Goa|
|Educational Qualification||B.B.A Beauty Pageants- YouTube|
|Hobbies||Dancing, Playing Basketball/Table Tennis, Reading Books, Travelling|
|Relationships & More|
|Parents||Father- Name Not Known (Marine Engineer)
Mother- Name Not Known (Housewife)
|Siblings||Names Not Known|
|Actor||• Shah Rukh Khan
• Leonardo Dicaprio
|Actress||• Kangana Ranaut
• Vidya Balan
|Film||Hollywood- Wolf of Wall Street (2013)|
|International Personality||Michelle Obama|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Gail Nicole Da Silva
- Does Gail Nicole Da Silva drink alcohol?: Yes
- Since her childhood, Gail Nicole always dreamt of making her country proud but she did not expect her dream would come true by becoming a model. Rediff.com
- She was in the second year of her graduation when she won the beauty pageants. She is the first one in her family to pursue a career in modelling.
- During her college days, she used to participate in beauty contests but she was not sure that she would come this far. In 2013, she was crowned with Femina Miss India Goa and, she also won Pond’s Femina Miss Glowing Skin title at the pageant. After she won these titles, she started taking modelling more seriously.
- In 2013, she took part in the Femina Miss India and, she could only reach among the Top 10 finalists so, she took training from the renowned designer Melvyn Noronha for better performance and won in 2014. She became the 51st Femina Miss United Continent in 2014. In the pageant, she was also crowned with Femina Miss Timeless Beauty. She competed with Latino girls who spoke Spanish and she took Spanish lessons so that she could talk to them in their language. Rediff.com
- In 2014, she represented India at Miss United Continents. The competition went International for the first time in 2014. She did not win the beauty pageant but won the title of Miss Photogenic and a crown for Best in National Costume. In an interview, she had talked about her preparation for the competition and said,
I was among the top three at the Femina Miss India contest. The organisers decided that I should represent India at the Miss United Continent 2014. It was the first time the pageant was going international. I trained regularly under various experts and professionals. I had two-hour pilates training with Sameer Purohit, and a strict diet regimen – I had to eat every two hours to improve my metabolism. I received ramp walk training under Alesia Raut, diction training from Sabira Merchant, and smiling tips from Sandesh Mayekar, among a host of other things. A national pageant requires you to primarily perfect your walk and speech, but an international pageant is a lot more demanding. International contestants are far more confident and competent. Fortunately, I had no weight or body issues, but I still had to work on my diction, gait, and brush up my communication skills.”
- She also made some friends from Kazakhstan–Uzbekistan and Venezuela. In an interview, she shared that she got inspired by the girls who were not allowed to wear bikinis in their hometown but were still participating in the competition. All of them were representing their cultures. She used to teach Bollywood moves to the girls.
- In an interview, Gail talked about her national dress which she wore for the competition. She said that she wore a saree with a gown that had pictures of the national bird, toys, festivals, musicians and famous people on it. The dress represented the Indian culture.
- She also claimed that the beauty pageants have helped her change a lot. She used to be a shy person but, now she has changed a lot. She thanked her grooming classes for improving her confidence.
- In 2015, Miss India Gail Nicole Da Silva along with Big Boss fame Ali Quli attended the Muscle Talk Gymnasium launch in Chembur Stills. Gail Nicole Da Silva -Twitter
- She also judged Femina Miss India Goa 2015. Gail Nicole Da Silva- Twitter
- She believes that once someone becomes a model, their life becomes public. Everything they do is looked upon by the fans and they have no private life left.
- According to Gail Nicolet, some issues in India that bother her are
Two days ago, I was in Mumbai stuck in traffic on the way to attend an event, and I saw an ambulance carrying someone seriously ill trying its best to find a way out of the traffic. I could see that no one was willing to budge to make way for the ambulance, which really disturbed me. Whatever happened to humanity? There is no value for human life. Also, the whole negative attitude towards rape victims bothers me. Why do we want to know what the victim was wearing or who she was with? Can’t we look at the inhuman act instead and try and find a solution? No one dresses in a certain way to get raped. A low skirt or bright lipstick is not an invitation to be raped.”
- Her opinion about Feminism is:
Feminism is important; it’s the need of the hour. During the pageant, I realised that there are lots of professions where women are yet to leave a mark. In my home state Goa, not many young girls are encouraged to pursue modelling. Some of them have personally thanked me for being an example and inspiring them.”
- Her success mantra is: ‘Never underestimate your talent. Believe in yourself and stay positive all the time.’ For her success is when someone enjoys the work they do.
- In an interview, she gave advice to the young models and said,
Do not participate in a beauty pageant because you want to work in films and television. Treat it as a platform where you get to represent your country and exchange your culture with the world.”
- According to her, a girl should have sensitivity, determination and a compassionate heart.
- She loves to eat chocolate a lot.
|↑1||Beauty Pageants- YouTube|
|↑5||Gail Nicole Da Silva -Twitter|
|↑6||Gail Nicole Da Silva- Twitter|