|Famous For||Becoming Femina Miss India 2014
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 172 cm
in meters- 1.73 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 8”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms- 60 kg
in pounds- 132.277 lbs
|Figure Measurements (approx.)||34-26-34|
|Eye Colour||Light Grey|
|Hair Colour||Light Brown|
|Achievements||• She represented India in Miss World 2014.
• She started an NGO named Moksha.
• She is the brand ambassador for Reebok since 2014.
|Date of Birth||4 January 1993 (Monday)|
|Age (as of 2021)||28 Years|
|School||St. Thomas' School, New Delhi (2011)
|College/University||Deen Dayal Upadhyaya College, University of Delhi (2011-2014)|
|Educational Qualification||Bachelor of Business Studies Miss World- YouTube|
|Food Habit||Vegetarian E Times|
|Hobbies||Travelling, Practicing Yoga|
|Relationships & More|
|Marriage Date||15 July 2020|
|Husband/Spouse||Ayush Dabas (Businessman)
|Parents||Father- Arun Kumar (Income Tax Officer)
Mother- Anita Rana (Housewife)
|Siblings||Brother- Sarthak Rana
Sister- Sonakshi Rana
Some Lesser Known Facts About Koyal Rana
- Koyal Rana has been in limelight since her teenage days. At the age of 15, she represented India in MTV Teen Diva and won the title of Miss Teen India 2008. During her childhood days, she could not speak fluent English and, she used to feel shy while communicating with others.
- In 2009, she won the title of Miss Universe Teen where she achieved Miss Beautiful Skin, Miss Photogenic and Miss Viewer’s Choice.
- When Koyal turned 19 in 2012, she became the co-founder of her NGO Moksha Foundation. Moksha Foundation -Facebook. The foundation works for hygiene and sanitization. Koyal has been an active participant in promoting the activities of the NGO. She had tried different sanitisation methods in various schools to promote the agenda and check the children’s response towards the techniques.
- She was studying Business Studies and, her interest in finances gave her an opportunity to do a summer training programme in International Cooperate Finance from Harvard University.
- In 2014, after she graduated, she participated in Femina Miss India Delhi 2014 pageant and became the winner of the competition.
- After this, she got direct entry into the Femina Miss India pageant. She had crowned the title of Femina Miss India 2014 on 5 April in Mumbai. She became the 51st Femina Miss India.
- She also won the Miss Beauty with a Purpose Award in the Femina Miss India pageant because she co-founded an NGO and worked towards a cause. The project that she represented was the Swastha Bhavishya project.
- In the same year, she represented India in Miss World 2014 that was held in London. She did not win the title but, she reached the top 10. She also became the highest scorer in the competition. In an interview, she talked about the competition and said,
I have been waiting for this day ever since I won the Miss India title. I am tremendously excited to represent my country at such a respectable platform.”
- Some of the titles won by her in Miss World 2014 were Miss World Asia, Beauty with a Purpose (Winner), World Designer Dress (Winner), Beach Fashion – Top 5, Multimedia Award – Top 5, The People’s Choice Award – Top 10, Top Model – Top 20, Sports & Fitness – Top 32 and Dances of The World – Top 10 Performer.
- After winning the titles, she was criticized on the Internet as people started telling her what her flaws were and that is why she started hating herself. But sometime later, she gained belief in herself and forgot all the negativity and started working towards her goals.
- Koyal practices Yoga every day and also tries to teach people the importance of Yoga. She tries to remain fit and plays some sports as well. Some of them include horse riding, flying a plane, driving a car, mountain climbing etc. She believes that exercise and a good diet can make a person look beautiful.
- Since 2014, Koyal is the brand ambassador of Reebok. For two years, she promoted Yoga with the help of the brand. Her ideology of remaining fit matches with the agenda of the brand.
- She is also the brand ambassador of Neutrogena that is a skincare brand.
- She was associated with different brands like Coca-Cola, Tata DoCoMo, Yamaha, Garnier India and Sony.
- She had been a showstopper for many designers, including Falguni and Shane Peacock, Rohit Bal, Shantanu and Nikhil, Joy Mitra, Pankaj and Nidhi Abhishek Sharma, Ritu Kumar, Sahil Kochar, Neeta Lulla, Marccain, Neha Taneja and Saisha Shinde.
- Koyal had appeared on various magazine covers. Some of them are Femina (2014), Competition Success Review, Femina Girl, Hair, Fact Universal.
- After Koyal won the title of Femina Miss India 2014, there were reports that famous rapper Honey Singh who was one of the judges in the pageant, would make a music video with her.
- Koyal was invited by the Ministery of AYUSH on the occasion of International Yoga Day 2015 where Prime Minister Narendra Modi was the Chief guest.
- In 2016, Koyal was one of the speakers on the theme ‘Zoom Out’ for the second edition of TEDx IMI New Delhi and talked about ‘Using your life purpose to stay young’. She also talked at TEDx IIM Raipur on the theme ‘Infinite Dimensions in 2017.
- Koyal looks up to former Miss Universe Sushmita Sen for inspiration. She believes that Sushmita has achieved a lot in her life. Talking about her admiration of Sushmita Sen, in an interview, Koyal said,
Sushmita is a perfect example of beauty with brains. She won Miss India title and then she was crowned Miss Universe. Besides that she also does a lot of social work. I totally look up to her.”
- In 2020, during the lockdown, she married a Delhi based businessman Ayush Dabas. The ceremony took place at a farmhouse in Delhi. She had an arranged marriage. Their parents made them meet each other. In an interview, Koyal revealed her love story. She said,
Our families met over tea. We started talking about spirituality, history, education and I never wanted our conversations to end. With Ayush, my conversation flowed so beautifully and we couldn’t believe how much in common we both had. We share the same set of values and aspirations. We didn’t exchange our contact numbers then, and we didn’t get in touch for a week. Then he called on my mom’s phone to talk to me and we had a long conversation. We both decided to go with the flow and see where it would lead us.”
- Recently, she celebrated her one year marriage anniversary with Sangeet and cocktail party with her friends and relatives who were not able to attend their wedding due to the lockdown.
- She spends time teaching underprivileged children and making them understand the value of education.
- In an interview, she said that she was not making a debut in Bollywood because she was exploring the world and whatever offers she had got were not relatable.
- She also believes that parents should give motivation to the children and they should know what their child wants to do so that they can succeed in life.
- Giving advice to the young girls, she said that they should have confidence and they should take care of their skin and their body. She wishes to open a training school for young girls someday.
- On Instagram, she keeps posting pictures from her trips to different places.