|Famous for||Being the February 2016 cover model and being named the next Indian Supermodel by Vogue India.|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Hindustan Times Height||in centimeters- 180.34 cm
in meters- 1.803 m
in feet & inches- 5’11”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms- 60 kg
in pounds- 132.277 lbs
|Figure Measurements (approx.)||34-26-34|
|Awards, Honours, Achievements||Model of the Year at Vogue Beauty Awards 2015
|Date of Birth||1988 (Date not Known)|
|Age (as of 2021)||33 Years|
|College/University||She did her graduation from DAV College in Chandigarh.|
|Educational Qualification||Bachelor's in Business Administration Hindustan Times|
|Relationships & More|
|Parents||Father- Name not Known
Mother- Name not Known
|Food||Rajma Chawal and Cake|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Bhumika Arora
- Bhumika Arora comes from a small city in Haryana. As a child, she always used to watch International models on Television. She was interested in modelling since the beginning. But as she grew up, her parents always wanted her to complete her studies first and then do modelling.
- During her school days, some people in her school used to make fun of her because she was very tall and had manly features. She was very ashamed of her height.
- As soon as she entered college, her friends told her that she had a good height and she should try modelling. She denied and one day her friends sent her picture to a local magazine.
- The next day, Bhumika saw herself in the magazine and felt really happy. At this time, she was pursuing her graduation. When she realized that she had the potential to become a model, she talked to her parents about it but they told her to complete the studies first and then do modelling. She completed her studies and asked for 2 years from her parents. She told them that if she could not do anything, she would return to her studies. After this, she came to Delhi. She worked as a model for some time in Delhi.
- There, she worked as an Air Hostess in the Auto expo. She also walked ramps for Indian designers like Varun Bahl and Manish Arora for three years.
- She then started sending her pictures to International agencies. An agency named Elite Paris called her and asked her to sign the contract. Later, she also joined the agency named -The Society Management in NYC.
- In February 2014, she started her modelling career with the show in Lakme Fashion Week for designer Dries Van Noten.
- In 2014, she was featured in Elle India Magazine.
- In 2015, she did a show for the New York Fashion Week where she walked for Alexander Wang and Vera Wang. During these shows, Vogue.com said that she was the third-best thing they loved on that day, they wrote,
Our hearts were stolen by a fresh face on the Vera Wang runway: the moody-eyed, sultry-lipped, and enviously angular Bhumika.”
- After walking the New York Fashion Week, she took part in the London Fashion Week and walked the ramp for Daks, Gareth Pugh, Jonathan Saunders, Preen and Simone Rocha.
- After this, she walked in the Fendi show in Milan for Karl Lagerfeld.
- In 2015, she appeared in Vogue Magazine.
- In March 2015, she was listed as one of the “Top 10 New Models of the Season” by Style.com. She was also on the list of 500 members of The Business of Fashion.
- In 2016, she was featured on the cover of Vogue India magazine, Vogue Italia magazine, Elle UK, Elle Croatia, Harper`s Bazaar magazine.
- In 2017, she was featured on the cover of Grazia Magazine.
- Bhumika used to learn the modelling techniques by taking her selfies. According to her, everything was so new at that time that she did not notice that she was the only girl in the show. In an interview, she said,
I don’t know why there are so few Indian models in the West. But being Indian definitely helped me. If I attended castings, I was usually the only Indian girl there, and it helped me stand out.”
- She reveals in an interview that when she is not in India, she misses her family, her friends and the Indian food.
- She does not wear transparent clothes on the shows. Once she was told that the show would require the model to wear transparent clothes, Bhumika told the designers that she could not wear the clothes.
- In an interview, she said that the models should not go on a diet. Explaining it further, she said,
The models I know neither stop eating nor resort to extremes to stay skinny. They don’t starve themselves. Rather, they eat healthy foods and work out regularly to maintain their figures.”
- After gaining a lot of success, she regrets only one thing, i.e, Bhumika`s parents have not yet seen her on the stage but have seen her modelling on Television.
- Sharing her experience about International modelling, she said in an interview,
Being Indian actually helped me stand out from the crowd, and people have been very kind to me and always very interested in learning more about my cultural background. I don’t recall being placed lower than others – rather, I started embracing my Indian look and culture even more. “
- Bhumika has not left her culture even after reaching the International modelling platforms.
- She was also part of a short film that also featured Cristiano Ronaldo. The film was directed by Nick Knight for Dazed & Confused in celebration of NikeLab & Olivier Rousteing’s collaboration.