Age: 32 Years
Husband: Ritesh Deshmukh
Marriage Date: 3 February 2012
|Nickname(s)||Bubbly, Cheenu, Geenu|
|Profession||Model & Actress|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 168 cm
in meters- 1.68 m
in feet inches- 5’ 6”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms- 55 kg
in pounds- 121 lbs
|Figure Measurements (approx.)||34-28-36|
|Debut||Film (Hindi): Tujhe Meri Kasam (2003)
Film (Tamil): Boys (2003)
Film (Telugu): Satyam (2003)
TV: Tere Mere Beach Mein (2009), a celebrity chat show, hosted by Farah Khan
|Awards||2006: Filmfare Award for Best Actress- Telugu for the film Bommarillu
2015: IIFA Outstanding Performance By A Regional Language Film
|Date of Birth||5 August 1987|
|Age (as in 2019)||32 Years|
|School||Apostolic Carmel High School, Bandra, Mumbai|
|College/University||St. Andrew's College, Bandra, Mumbai|
|Educational Qualification||Bachelors in Management Studies|
|Address||602, Pura Building, Pochkhanwala Road, Worli, Mumbai|
|Hobbies||Listening to Music, Tarvelling, Watching Films|
|Controversies||• In June 20110, she attracted controversy for attending the IIFA Awards in Colombo; as th award function had been denounced by the Bollywood and the South Indian Film Industry over the killing of Tamilian civilians in Sri Lanka.
• While shooting for the film Force (2011) along with John Abraham, someone clicked their photo when they were shooting for a wedding scene. The photo went viral; claiming that Genelia was married to John.
|Relationships & More|
|Marriage Date||3 February 2012|
|Husband/Spouse||Ritesh Deshmukh (Actor)
|Children||Son(s)- Riaan (born on 25 November 2014), Rahyl (born on 1 June 2016)
|Parents||Father- Neil D'Souza (a senior official with Tata Consultancy Services)
Mother- Jeanette D'Souza (former MD of the Pharma Multinational corporation)
|Siblings||Brother- Nigel D'Souza (Image in the Parents's section above)
|Favourite Actor(s)||Amitabh Bachchan, Om Puri, Shah Rukh Khan|
|Favourite Actress||Sandra Bullock and Aishwarya Rai|
|Favourite Film(s)||Devdas, Dark Knight, Titanic|
|Favourite Colour(s)||Black, White, Red|
|Favourite Perfume Brand(s)||XX, Diamond|
|Favourite Travel Destination(s)||Italy, London|
|Favourite Food||Roast Chicken with stuffing and palm sauce, Christmas Pudding|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Genelia D’Souza
- Does Genelia D’Souza smoke?: No
- Does Genelia D’Souza drink alcohol?: No
- She was born and raised into a Marathi-speaking Mangalorean Catholic Family in Mumbai.
- Her mother, Jeanette D’Souza, had to leave the post of the Managing Director of a Pharma Multinational corporation to help Genelia with her career.
- According to Genelia, her name is a portmanteau (a linguistic blend of words) of her parents- Jeanette and Neil. She furthers says that her name means “rare” or “unique.”
- Genelia completed her bachelor’s degree in Management Studies while shooting for her debut film, Tujhe Meri Kasam in 2003.
- During her school and college days, she was a sports enthusiast and was a state level athlete and a national level football player.
- At the age of 15, Genelia had become a household name when she did a Parker Pen commercial with Amitabh Bachchan.
- She also gained wide attention when she did a Fair & Lovely advertisement during the 2003 Cricket Worl Cup.
- She signed three Telugu movies simultaneously at the age of 16.
- She made her Bollywood debut with Ritesh Deshmukh in the movie Tujhe Meri Kasam in 2003.
- She dated Ritesh Deshmukh for a decade before tying the knot with him.
- The year 2006 proved to be a significant turning point in Genelia’s career; as she did two Telugu films in early 2006- Happy and Raam. The most successful film of her career “Bommarillu” was also released in the same year.
- After nearly five-year hiatus in Bollywood, Genelia made a comeback in Bollywood in June 2008 with the film “Mere Baap Pehle Aap.” However, the film failed at the box office.
- Her role of Aditi Mahant in the blockbuster Jaane Tu… Ya Jaane Na gained wide popularity.
- Apart from doing lead roles in many films, Genelia also made cameo appearances in Jai Ho and Lai Bhaari in 2014.
- Genelia is also into philanthropy and is associated with “The Banyan,” a voluntary organization which rehabilitates homeless women with mental illness in Chennai.
- In 2009, Genelia was one of the judges at the grand finale of Gladrags Mega Model and Manhunt.
- Genelia D’Souza holds a Limca world record of delivering four different super hit films in four different languages- Ready (Telugu), Satya in Love (Kannada), Santosh Subramaniam (Tamil), and Jaane Tu… Ya Jaane Na (Hindi) in a calendar year.
- Genelia has appeared in a number of popular TV commercials including Fanta, Chocolate Perk, Virgin Mobile India, Fastrack watches, LG mobiles, Garnier, and Dabur Vatika hair oil.