|Full name||Mirza Gohar Rasheed Instagram-Gohar Rasheed|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 180 cm
in meters- 1.80 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 11”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms- 70 kg
in pounds- 154 lbs
|Body Measurements (approx.)||- Chest: 38 Inches
- Waist: 34 Inches
- Biceps: 14 Inches
|Debut||Film: Seedlings as Anil Kumar (2013)
TV: Shikwa (2014)
Theater: Bombay Dreams as Vikram (2008)
• 2016: Hum Award for Best Supporting Actor (Mann Mayal)
• 2012: NYCIFF Best Actor in a Supporting Role (Seedlings)
• 2014: ARY Film Award for Best Actor in a Supporting Role (Seedlings)
• 2014: Lux Style for Best Actor (Seedlings)
|Date of Birth||2 May 1984 (Wednesday)|
|Age (as of 2021)||37 Years|
|College/University||• Government College University, Lahore
• Beaconhouse National University, Lahore
|Religion||Islam Instagram-Gohar Rasheed|
|Relationships & More|
|Affairs/Girlfriend||Kubra Khan (Actress)
|Other Relative||Maternal Grandfather- Ghulam Ahmed Perwez (Islamic scholar)
Some Lesser Known Facts About Gohar Rasheed
- Gohar Rasheed is a popular Pakistani television and film actor. He is known for performing very challenging roles on screen. Gohar is a well-established actor who has received national and international awards and nominations for his excellent acting skills.
- Gohar Rasheed is one of the very few actors in the Pakistani entertainment industry who had earned professional degrees in acting and theatre before entering the entertainment world. He belongs to a family that is involved in the stock exchange business, and his parents wanted him to join the same, but after completing his education in Lahore, Gohar moved to Karachi to pursue his career in the entertainment industry.
- Gohar worked as a line producer at Hum TV for almost three years before establishing himself as an actor.
- In 2008, Gohar Rasheed took up acting professionally and started his career as a theatre artist. He made his debut with Shah Sharabeel’s popular theater drama project named ‘Bombay Dreams.’ Gohar portrayed an Indian character named Vikram in the show and gained huge appreciation for his performance.
- Thereafter, he became part of many popular theater shows including Tom Dick and Harry, Moulin Rouge, Sawa 14 August, and Half Plate. Moulin Rouge was the show that proved to be a turning point in his career. Gohar Rasheed played the character of ‘The Duke of Monmouth’ in the theatrical musical play ‘Moulin Rouge,’ and he left everyone spellbound with his performance.
- Gohar Rasheed made his first television appearance in 2010 with ARY Digital’s drama serial ‘Daddy’ in a supporting role. The show that brought Gohar into the limelight was ARY Digital’s drama series ‘Shikwa,’ which gained him huge critical acclaim for his performance and earned him opportunities to work in many big banner projects. In 2014, Gohar appeared on screens as Shaukat for Hum TV’s television series ‘Digest Writer,’ and became a household name in no time. Thereafter, he appeared in several commercially successful shows including Meri Nanhi Pari, Operation 021, Badshah Begum, Ramz-e-Ishq, Ishqiya, Raaz-e-Ulfat, Pardes, and Laapata.
- Gohar Rasheed marked his film debut in 2013 with Mansoor Mujahid’s social drama film ‘Seedlings,’ featuring Mohib Mirza and Aamina Sheikh in the lead roles. Gohar played an Indian character named Anil Kumar in the movie and bagged several national and
international nominations, including the nomination at the New York Film Festival (NYFF) for ‘Best Actor in a Supporting Role,’ for his performance.
- After the success of his first film, Gohar Rasheed came out with his second film in the same year, Main Hoon Shahid Afridi, which also proved to be a commercially successful project. Thereafter, he appeared in several movies including ‘Jawani Phir Nahi Ani,’ ‘Yalghaar,’ and ‘Rangreza.’
- Apart from being an actor, Gohar Rasheed also works as an RJ for Radio1 FM91’s popular talk show ‘Pakistanwallah.’
- Talking about his favorite character during an interview, Gohar said that
I would say the one I did in Operation 021 even though it was only for 15 minutes. I played the character of gangster and then the character of Adnan in Goya. The thing is I don’t want to limit myself to drama as my only objective is to be an actor, so whether it is film, drama, or theatre, doesn’t matter. Actually I did another character in a theater play as General Zia Ulhaq which I really enjoyed. The play was titled Sawa Chauda August and it was written by Anwer Maqsood.”
- Gohar Rasheed is an avid animal lover and has a pet dog named Barfi, in his home.
- Gohar enjoys performing adventure sports like paragliding and bungee jumping.