|Birth name||Poonam Bartake The Times of India|
|Profession(s)||Actress, Model, and Dancer|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 182 cm
in meters- 1.82 m
in feet & inches- 6’
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms- 58 kg
in pounds- 127 lbs
|Eye Colour||Light Brown|
|Debut||Telugu Film: Okatavudaam (2004)
|Date of Birth||8 December 1984 (Saturday)|
|Age (as of 2021)||37 Years|
|Birthplace||Pune, Maharashtra, India|
|Hometown||Pune, Maharashtra, India|
|Educational Qualification||• Graduation in Commerce
• Post Graduation in Human Resourses
|Hobbies||Travelling and Cooking|
|Relationships & More|
|Parents||Father- Vinay Bartake
Mother- Name Not Known
|Siblings||She has two cousin sisters.
Some Lesser Known Facts About Hamsa Nandini
- Hamsa Nandini is an Indian model, dancer, and actress who predominantly works in the Telugu film industry. She is best known for working with the MaaStars magazine, Celebrity Cricket League, and Hyderabad International Fashion week in 2011 and 2013 as a model.
- Her birth name is Poonam Bartake. Initially, Hamsa Nandini appeared in several Telugu films and gained popularity with the same name; however, on the suggestion of the renowned director, Vamsy, Hamsa changed her name from Poonam Bartake to Hamsa Nandini as there were many other actresses with the same name in the industry.
- Hamsa Nandini was born in Pune. She ventured into the commercial advertising field when she was studying in class eleventh. Apart from being an actress, she is also a successful model who is credited for endorsing renowned commercials and brands.
- Hamsa Nandini made her film debut with Anumanspadam in 2007. In 2008, she appeared in the film, Gita. Later, Hamsa Nandini received the opportunity to work in the movie Adhineta in 2009. In a conversation with a media house, Hamsa stated about her experience when she ventured into the films as a lead actress. She said,
After Anumanspadam, I went back to walk the Fashion Week and was just looking for a break, when I landed this offer in Adhineta.”
- In 2009, in a conversation with a media house, Hamsa Nandini revealed that her mother died a few years back and her father assisted her in her works. She said,
My dad means everything to me, he handles my PR.”
Hamsa Nandini further added about her personality. She stated,
I am quite a straight forward person by nature and get put off by pseudos.”
- Hamsa is a compassionate animal lover. She often posts pictures of her pet dog on her social media account.
- Hamsa Nandini predominantly appears in the item songs of the Telugu movies. In 2013, she appeared in popular item songs such as Mirchi, Bhai, Atharintiki Daaredi, and Ramayya Vasthavayya. In a conversation with a media house, Hamsa admitted that performing in the item songs helps her to reach more audience. She said,
It gives you phenomenal reach especially if you’re paired opposite big stars. I believe it is a good platform to reach out to the masses. I’m happy doing a five-minute dance number that assures me a lot of attention rather than featuring in 10 scenes in a film with no scope for performance.”
- Hamsa Nandini loves to cook a variety of food dishes in her leisure time. She often posts videos on her Instagram account after making dishes.
- In 2015, Hamsa appeared in the Telugu movie titled Rudhramadevi in which she portrayed a historical warrior princess named Madanika.
- In 2017, Hamsa Nandini was dating a biker who met her in 2016 in Himachal Pradesh when she was a holiday. She did not reveal his name and said that she was wedded to her work. In the same year, she was seen holidaying with him in the USA. The Times of India
- As a model, Hamsa Nandini often walks for Lakme Fashion Week shows.
- Hamsa Nandini is an active social media influencer. She is followed by more than 619k followers on her Instagram account. Hamsa Nandini drinks alcohol occasionally.
- Hamsa Nandini is often featured by various renowned newspapers and magazines in their articles.
- Hamsa Nandini is a certified sailor.
- Hamsa Nandini is a fitness enthusiast. She often shares her pictures on her social media account while at a gym.
- On 20 December 2021, Hamsa Nandini took to her social media account to share that she was suffering from breast cancer. She lost her mother 18 years ago due to breast cancer. She wrote,
One morning 4 months ago, I felt a lump in my breast and the trauma of my mother, whom I lost to cancer came out gushing. Within a few hours, I rushed to a Mammography Centre for my very first mammogram. I was immediately asked to meet a Surgical Oncologist to discuss the type of biopsy that needed to be carried out. My fears were confirmed. I was diagnosed with a Grade III Invasive Carcinoma (breast cancer), and the hype ensued; pangs of trauma from my mother’s battle with cancer drove me into a volley of waking nightmares. We all have such grand plans for our lives; as for mine, no number of adjustments seemed enough to accommodate the malady that became a proverbial tumour of my precious time.”
She further added,
The relief was short-lived as I tested positive for BRCA1 (Hereditary Breast Cancer). This means that I have a genetic mutation that almost guarantees that I would have a 70% chance of another Breast Cancer and a 45% chance of Ovarian Cancer throughout my life. The only way to mitigate the risk is through some very extensive prophylactic surgeries which I need to undergo before I can claim Victory. Currently, I have already undergone 9 cycles of Chemotherapy with 7 more to go.”