Harsh Mayar Height, Age, Girlfriend, Family, Biography & More
Age: 25 Years
Girlfriend: Sukanya Rajan
Hometown: New Delhi
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 168 cm
in meters- 1.68 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 6”
|Debut||Film: I Am Kalam (2011) as Chhotu (aka Kalam)
TV: Gumrah: End of Innocence (2014) as Bully
OTT/Web Series: Abhay (2019) as Sujay
|Awards, Honours, Achievements||• National Film Award (2010) for Best Child Artist for the film I Am Kalam
• River Rock Award (2011) for Best Actor in Silent River Film Festival, California, for the film I Am Kalam
• Special Mention for Best Actor in International Children’s Film Festival India in 2011, Hyderabad, for the film I Am Kalam
• Best Actor in Minsk International Film Festival (2010) “Listapad”
• Dr Babasaheb Ambedkar Nobel Awards 2018 by International Human Rights Council
• Certificate of Excellence at the 7th Dada Saheb Phalke Film Festival (2017) for the short film Porphessnal
|Date of Birth||22 March 1998 (Sunday)|
|Age (as of 2023)||25 Years|
|Hometown||Dakshinpuri, New Delhi, India|
|School||Yogi Arvind Sarvodaya Bal Vidyalaya, Dehli|
|Tattoo(s)||‘सुकन्या’ (Sukanya; his girlfriend's name) inked on the back of his neck
Note: His girlfriend, Sukanya Rajan, has ‘Harsh’ inked on the left side of her waist.
|Relationships & More|
|Parents||Father- Ashok Mayar (runs a tent rental services)
Mother- Reeta Mayar
|Siblings||Brother- Chandan Mayar (Makeup Artist)
|Actor||Shah Rukh Khan, Nawazuddin Siddiqui, Irfan Khan, Jim Carrey, Heath Ledger|
|Film(s)||Sadma (1983), Good Newwz (2019)|
|Cartoon(s)||Tom & Jerry, Scooby-Doo, Richie Rich, Noddy|
|Web Series||Money Heist|
|Book||Feluda By Satyajit Ray|
|Author(s)||Satyajit Ray, Premchand|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Harsh Mayar
- Harsh Mayar is an Indian actor who is known for playing the protagonist Chhotu (aka Kalam) in the Hindi-language children’s film I Am Kalam (2010). The role earned him the National Film Award for Best Child Artist in 2010.
- Harsh grew up in a humble household and inclined towards acting at a very young age watching Bollywood films and TV shows. It was his maternal uncle who recognised his passion for acting and encouraged him to attend a theatre workshop at Shriram Bharatiya Kala Kendra from 2005 to 2008.
- Harsh spent his childhood participating in several local plays staged at Shri Ram Centre in Mandi House, Delhi’s own Broadway. In an interview, he recalled his initial days as a theatre artist and said,
Firstly, I worked at the backstage. In my first stage show, I was given the role of a monkey. That was funny and exciting too. Even my mother was shocked to see me.”
- He first auditioned for the film Chillar Party (2011) but was rejected. Soonafter, he landed the role of Chotu in I Am Kalam and kickstarted his career. While talking about the same in an interview, he said,
I was rejected for the movie Chillar Party and finally selected amongst 3,000 people for I am Kalam.”
- He was immensely appreciated for playing the role of Annant in the theatrical production ‘Paighamber’ in which he shared the stage with veteran actors Tom Alter and Amit Behl.
- He came into the limelight in 2010 when he starred in the Indian Hindi-language children’s film ‘I Am Kalam,’ which was produced by the non-governmental charity Smile Foundation. The film centres around Chotu, a poor boy who forms an unlikely and unstable friendship with the lonely son of a nobleman. The film earned him numerous accolades including the National Film Award for Best Child Artist in 2010 and a nomination for the Colors Screen Awards for Best Child Artist in 2012.
- Former President of India A. P. J. Abdul Kalam gifted Harsh Mayar his autobiography, Wings of Fire, after the release of the film I Am Kalam.
- He played the role of Ajite, a boy who leads a gang of kids in Madhogarh village, in the Indian Hindi-language children’s film Jalpari: The Desert Mermaid (2012).
- In 2013, he played the role of Nanu in the Indian- American English-language film Desires of the Heart.
- In 2015, he appeared in the short film Untitled: The Words Left Unsaid as Nitin.
- In 2016, he appeared in Doordarshan National’s action-drama series titled AdhaFULL in which he played the role of Adrak. The show follows three teenagers, Adrak, Tara, and Kitty, who form a gang called Aadha Full to solve mystery and crime cases that occur in their hometown, Badlapur.
- In 2017, he earned a Certificate of Excellence at the 7th Dada Saheb Phalke Film Festival for his role in the short film Porphessnal.
- He played the role of a slum boy named Aatish in the Bollywood film Hichki (2018). The film follows Naina Mathur, a teacher suffering from Tourette syndrome, as she teaches the underprivileged children of class 9F students at St. Notker’s School.
- Other films in which he appeared include Chaarfutiya Chhokare (2014), Nine Hours in Mumbai (2018), and The Tenant (2021)
- In 2019, he appeared in the Hotstar Special anthology film Kanpuriye in which he played the role of Jugnu Lampat (Jugnu Harami).
- From 2019 to 2022, he played the role of Aman Mishra in the critically acclaimed web series Gullak for which he was nominated in the category of Best Actor – Popular at the ITA Awards 2019.
- In 2019, he played the role of Karun Nair in the TVF’s Qtiyapa’s video titled Padh Le Basanti.
- In 2020, he played the role of Manoj Bhardwaj in the mini-series Overtime. The series chronicles the everyday problems of Manoj and Ramya, two IT employees, during an alien invasion.