|Full name||Hemangi Kavi Dhumal Facebook|
|Famous For||The Marathi films “Gadad Jambhal" (2017) and “Savita Damodar Paranjpe" (2018)|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 165 cm
in meters- 1.65 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 5”
|Debut||Film (Marathi): Rangee Berangee (2008)
TV (Marathi): Fu Bai Fu (2013)
TV (Hindi): Terii Laadli Main (2021) as 'Urmila'
|Awards, Honours, Achievements||• Sakalpapurti Puraskar (2010)
• Swami Vivekanand Puraskar (2011)
|Date of Birth||26 August 1988 (Friday)|
|Age (as of 2020)||32 Years|
|Birthplace||Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|Hometown||Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|School||Sahkar Vidya Prasarak Mandal Secondary School (SVPM), Mumbai|
|College/University||Sir J J School of Art, Mumbai|
|Educational Qualification||Bachelor of Fine Arts (BFA) (Class of 2003) Facebook|
|Relationships & More|
|Marriage Date||25 December 2007 (Tuesday)|
|Husband/Spouse||Sandeep Dhumal (Cinematographer)
|Siblings||Brother- Kishor Kavi
Sister- Vaishali Kavi
|Ornaments||Silver Kada and Anklets|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Hemangi Kavi
- Hemangi Kavi is an Indian actress who mostly works in Marathi films.
- She was born in a middle-class family in Mumbai.
- Post her graduation, Hemangi pursued a course in web designing and started working as a web designer in a private firm in Mumbai. She worked there for a while and then left her job.
- Thereafter, Hemangi joined a theatre group in Mumbai and did plays like “Shame to Shame” and “Many Happy Returns.”
- She started her career as an actress in 2008 with the Marathi film “Rangee Berangee.”
- Some of her popular Marathi films include “Davpech” (2011), “Fakta Ladh Mhana” (2011), “Gola Berij” (2012), “Pipani” (2012), and “Dharmantar” (2013).
- In 2013, she appeared in the Marathi comedy show “Fu Bai Fu.”
- Subsequently, she appeared in the Marathi TV serial “Mrs. Mukhyamantri” (2019) as ‘Ragini Shinde.’
- She was also seen in the TV serial “Maddam Sasu Dhaddam Sun” (2020).
- In 2021, Hemangi played the role of ‘Urmila’ in Star Bharat’s TV serial “Teri Laadli Main.” During an interview, while talking about being a part of the show, Kavi said,
I am very excited to be a part of the show. Initially, the audience might think that it is a story of a mother-daughter duo, however, it is not only about them but there are a lot of layers and variations to the storyline which will entertain audiences and keep them hooked. The topic of the serial is very sensitive. There is a strong message in this show. When I was asked for the role, I immediately accepted it. I am happy to play a strong character on screen. The treatment for the topic is a little different in the serial.”
- Hemangi loves collecting and wearing silver jewellery.
- She loved doing painting since childhood. During an interview, Hemangi shared that the first painting that she ever made was of Lord Ganesha.
- Hemangi created a YouTube channel named ‘KaviHunMain Hemani Kavi’ in November 2020 on which she uploads make up tutorial videos.
- When asked about facing support issues from her family to become an actress in an interview, Kavi said,
By god’s grace, I have not faced any such situation. My father and sister always supported me. When I started my career my mother was a little upset but later she believed in me. My in-laws and husband have also been very supportive.”