|Full Name||Pooja Mahesh Bhatt IMDb|
|Nickname||Bhoot Bhatt IMDb|
|Profession(s)||Director, Actor, Filmmaker, and Former Model|
|Physical Stats & More|
|IMDb Height||in centimeters- 155 cm
in meters- 1.55 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 1”
|Debut||TV Advertisement (Child Model): Pears Soap
Film (Actor): Daddy (1989) as Pooja
Film (Producer): Tamanna (1997)
Film (Director): Paap (2003)
|Awards, Honours, Achievements||1991: Filmfare Lux New Face of the Year Award for the Hindi film ‘Daddy’
1997: National Film Award for Best Film on Other Social Issues for the Hindi film ‘Tamanna’
1999: Nargis Dutt Award for Best Feature Film on National Integration for the Hindi film ‘Zakhm’
|Date of Birth||24 February 1972 (Thursday)|
|Age (as of 2022)||50 Years|
|School||A F Petit Girls High School, Mumbai YouTube|
|Ethnicity||• From her father’s side - Half-Gujarati and Half-Muslim
• From her mother’s side - Scottish, Burmese, Armenian, and English The Times of India
|Food Habit||Non-Vegetarian Food NDTV|
|Address||Pooja Bhatt, 601, Kyle More Apartments, Behind Mehboob Studios, Bandra (W) Mumbai 400050|
|Tattoo(s)||• On her left forearm- An owl
• On her left shoulder- An eye, butterfly, and a compass
• On her left hand’s fingers- Zibu Symbols
• On her right forearm-‘Alles iat ein marchem’ i.e. Everything is a fairy tale
|Controversies||• In the '80s edition of Filmfare magazine, her photo while lip-kissing her father went viral for which Pooja Bhatt and Mahesh Bhatt received huge criticism from the media and public. Later, a statement made by Mahesh Bhatt, made the situation more controversial, he said,
"If Pooja wasn’t my daughter, I’d have loved to marry her.” The Indian Express
• At the age of 24, her photo on the cover of a fashion magazine went viral in which she posed naked with only paint on her body. IB Times
|Relationships & More|
|Affairs/Boyfriends||• Aamir Khan (Rumoured; Actor) The Times of India
• Sohail Khan (actor)
• Fardeen Khan (Rumoured; Actor) The Times of India
• Bobby Deol (Rumoured; Actor) The Times of India
• Suneel Darshan (Rumoured; Filmmaker) The Times of India
• Deepak Malhotra (Rumoured; Actor) The Times of India
• Aditya Pancholi (Rumoured; Actor) The Times of India
• Ranvir Shorey (Live-In Partner; Actor) The Times of India
• Munish Makhija (VJ)
Note: In an interview with the Stardust magazine in 1995, she revealed that she was in a relationship with Sohail Khan and was planning to get married to him. BollywoodShaadis.com
|Marriage Date||Year 2003 (Divorced in 2014)|
|Husband/Spouse||Munish Makhija (ex-husband)
|Parents||Father- Mahesh Bhatt (Director, Producer, and Screenwriter)
Mother- Kiran Bhatt (Changed from Loraine Bright post marriage)
Step-Mother- Soni Razdan (Actor)
|Siblings||Brother- Rahul Bhatt (Fitness Trainer)
• Alia Bhatt (Actor)
• Shaheen Bhatt (Writer)
|Cousin(s)||• Emraan Hashmi (Actor; Mahesh Bhatt's cousin Anwar Hashmi’s son, and thus his nephew)
• Mohit Suri (Film Director; Mohit Suri’s mother is Mahesh Bhatt’s real sister)
|Car Collection||• Audi Q7
• Toyota Innova
• Toyota Fortuner Patrika
Some Lesser Known Facts About Pooja Bhatt
- Does Pooja Bhatt smoke?: Reportedly, she started smoking at the age of 23, and in an Instagram post in 2018, she uploaded a post on quitting smoking. Instagram
- Does Pooja Bhatt drink alcohol?: At the age of 16, she started drinking alcohol, and soon, she became an alcoholic. In December 2017, she quit drinking after undergoing rehab. Mumbai Mirror
- Pooja Bhatt is an Indian actor, filmmaker, producer, and former model.
- She is the eldest daughter of the popular Indian director Mahesh Bhatt.
- While she was a teenager, her uncle Mukesh Bhatt offered her a role in a film, she refused to work in films as her that time boyfriend did not want her to do so. During an interview, she said,
I had a boyfriend and I was in love with him since I was 12-year-old. When I was 16, I started dating him. At 17, I did ‘Daddy’ and at 18, I was offered ‘Dil Hai Ki Manta Nahin’.”
- She has been featured on the cover page of various renowned magazines.
- She gained immense popularity with the Hindi film ‘Dil Hai Ke Maanta Nahin’ (1991) starring the famous Indian actor Aamir Khan.
- She has acted in many popular Hindi films like ‘Sadak’ (1991), ‘Sir’ (1993), ‘Kranti Kshetra’ (1994), ‘Chaahat’ (1996), and ‘Border’ (1997).
- In 1993, she recorded an English rap song “Just For Today” for the Indian music director and singer Daboo Malik.
- Pooja Bhatt has also hosted the Hindi TV show ‘Mere Saath Chal’ in 1996.
- Earlier, she was in a live-in relationship with the Indian actor Ranvir Shorey. There were even rumours that the duo was engaged, but later, the couple parted ways. Talking about her relationship, Pooja said in an interview,
- While talking about her divorce with the Indian VJ and businessman Munish Makhija, in an interview, she said,
I choose to live life on MY terms & refuse to perform to the gallery. Certificates don’t make or break marriages & relationships! Life does! To all those who care & especially those that don’t my husband, Munna& Me have decided to part ways after 11 glorious years of marriage. Our split as some might call it is amicable & we hold each other in the highest esteem for now and forever. The reason I explain Is that we are both parts of the public domain. Our friends, well wishers& foes are free to now speculate.” Deccan Chronicle
- In 1996, she started her film production company ‘Pooja Bhatt Productions’ and produced films such as ‘Holiday’ (2006), ‘Dhokha’ (2007), and ‘Kajraare’ (2010).
- Pooja has also worked as a director in Hindi films including ‘Dushman’ (1998), ‘Zakhm’ (1998), ‘Jism’ (2003), and ‘Jism 2’ (2012).
- As a production designer, she has worked in Hindi films like ‘Jism’ (2003) and ‘Paap’ (2003).
- She then took a break from acting in 2001, and after almost eight years, she acted in the Hindi film ‘Sanam Teri Kasam.’
- She has also acted in the Hindi documentary ‘Sunset Bollywood’ in 2005.
- It would be interesting to know that in twelve of her films her character name was Pooja.
- Pooja acquired the franchise rights of ‘Team Delhi Hoopers’ in the 3BL Basketball League in 2018.
- She made a special appearance in the Hindi film ‘Sadak 2’ in 2020 which turned out to be a flop.
- In 2021, she acted in the Netflix web series ‘Bombay Begums’ in which she played the role of Rani.
- As per Bombay Times, the Indian filmmaker Salim Khan refrained Salman Khan to work with Pooja Bhatt as she was quite a controversial actress in the ’90s. Bollywood Bubble
- In an interview, Alia Bhatt said that there was a weird rumour that she was the daughter of Mahesh Bhatt and Pooja Bhatt.
- She is an avid animal lover and owns a pet dog and a few pet cats.
- On 2 November 2022, she joined the Bharat Jodo Yatra and walked with Rahul Gandhi in Hyderabad. The Telegraph