|Real Name||Himanshu Roy|
|Profession||Civil Servant (IPS Officer)|
|Famous For||Additional Director General of Police (ADGP), Maharashtra|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 188 cm
in meters- 1.88 m
in feet inches- 6’ 2”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms- 100 kg
in pounds- 220 lbs
|Service||Indian Police Service (IPS)|
|Major Designation(s)||• SP of Nasik (rural) in 1995
• SP Ahmednagar
• DCP Economic Offences Wing, Ahmednagar
• DCP Traffic, Nasik
• Commissioner of Police, Nasik
• Joint Commissioner of Police Mumbai in 2009
• Cyber Crime Cell
• ATS Chief Maharshtra
• Additional Director General of Police (ADGP) of Maharashtra (Planning and Co-ordination)
• ADGP (establishment) Maharashtra
|Awards/Honours||• Police Medal for Meritorious Service
• 50th Anniversary Independence Medal
|Date of Birth||23 June, 1963|
|Date of Death||11 May 2018|
|Place of Death||Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|Age (at the time of death)||55 Years|
|Death Cause||Suicide (Shot himself with his service revolver)|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Cancer|
|Hometown||Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|School||Campion School, Mumbai|
|College/University||St. Xavier's College, Mumbai
Institute of Chartered Accountants of India (ICAI)
|Educational Qualification||Chartered Accountant from ICAI|
|Hobbies||Playing Badminton, Doing Workouts|
|Girls, Affairs and More|
|Marital Status (at the time of death)||Married|
|Parents||Names Not Known|
|Favourite Actor(s)||Amitabh Bachchan, Akshay Kumar|
|Favourite Police Officer||Rakesh Maria|
|Salary (as ADGP Maharashtra)||₹37,400-67,000 + grade pay of ₹12,000|
|Net Worth||Not Known|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Himanshu Roy
- Did Himanshu Roy smoke?: Not Known
- Did Himanshu Roy drink alcohol?: No
- Himanshu Roy was the ADGP of Maharashtra and former ATS Chief of Maharashtra.
- On 11 May 2018, he allegedly committed suicide in his south Mumbai residence. According to reports, he shot himself in the mouth and the wound was visible right up to his skull.
- Later on, a handwritten-suicide note was found, which indicated that the officer had killed himself out of “frustration” over his health, as he was battling with cancer.
- After graduating from St. Xavier’s College in Mumbai, Roy enrolled himself at the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India (ICAI).
- After becoming a Chartered Accountant, Mr Roy started preparing for the prestigious Civil Services.
- After clearing the UPSC Examination, he became an IPS Officer of the 1988 batch of Maharashtra Cadre.
- Himanshu Roy’s first posting was as the Superintendent of Police (SP, Rural) in Nasik, Maharashtra.
- Mr Roy was known for solving several sensational cases of Maharashtra including the firing on Arif Bael (driver of Dawood Ibrahim‘s brother Iqbal Kaskar), the murder case of Journalist J Dey, and many more.
- It was Himanshu Roy who was behind the arrest of Vindu Dara Singh; during the 2013 Indian Premier League (IPL) spot-fixing and betting case.
- He was also responsible for the arrest of Gurunath Meiyappan.
- Along with Rakesh Maria, Himanshu Roy became the first police officer in Mumbai to be given Z+ security.
- He was a teetotaller.
- According to sources, he was suffering from bone cancer and had been on sick leave since November 23, 2016.
- Reportedly, Mr Roy had been abroad for treatment but later suffered a relapse that caused him severe depression.
📢⚡TRENDING: List of ICC World Cup Winners (1975-2015)