Age: 36 Years
Wife: Ravneet Kaur
|Real Name||Rupinder Singh Grewal|
|Profession||Actor, Singer, Producer|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 180 cm
in meters- 1.80 m
in feet inches- 5’ 11”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms- 75 kg
in pounds- 165 lbs
|Body Measurements (approx.)||- Chest: 40 inches
- Waist: 32 inches
- Biceps: 14 inches
|Debut||Song: Chakk Ley Ft.Jagdev Maan (2002)
Punjabi Film: Mel Karade Rabba (2010)
Punjabi Film: Dharam Sankat Mein (2015)
|Date of Birth||2 January 1983|
|Age (as in 2019)||36 Years|
|Birthplace||Koom Kalan, Ludhiana, Punjab, India|
|School||Nankana Sahib Public School, Kot Gangu Rai, Ludhiana, Punjab|
|College/University||North India Institute of Hotel Management, Panchkula, Haryana|
|Educational Qualification||Degree in Hotel Management|
|Hobbies||Acting, Singing, Doing the bhangra|
|Controversies||• In 2014, a case was filed against the Live India Trading Company (a chit fund company) and it's brand ambassador Gippy Grewal by an investor of the company for duping him of ₹5 lakh.
• In 2015, Grewal attracted controversy for portraying the militant and giving the message of the failure of the Judicial system in India.
|Relationships & More|
|Children||Son- Ekomkar Grewal, Gurfateh Grewal (Shinda)
|Parents||Father- Late Santokh Singh
Mother- Kulwant Kaur
|Siblings||Brother- Sippy Grewal (Film Producer)
|Favourite Food||Yellow Dal, Bhindi|
|Favourite Actor||Aamir Khan|
|Favourite Actress||Mahi Gill|
|Favourite Singers||Kuldeep Manak, Gurdas Maan, Chamkila|
|Favourite App||Tik Tok|
|Favourite Colours||Red, Black|
|Favourite Shooting Locations||Punjab, Canada|
Some lesser known facts about Gippy Grewal
- Does Gippy Grewal smoke?: Yes
- Does Gippy Grewal drink alcohol?: Yes
- Gippy was born into a middle-class family in Koom Kalan, Ludhiana, Punjab.
- Gippy is not a professionally trained singer, but a natural born singer.
- He worked at a hotel in Delhi before becoming a professional singer.
- Gippy has featured in many successful Punjabi films including “Singh vs Kaur,” “Lucky Di Unlucky Story,” “Best of Luck,” “Manje Bistre,” “Jatt James Bond” and “Double Di Trouble.”
- He has sung a number of hit Punjabi songs like “Angreji Beat,” “Hello Hello,” “Oscar,” “Desi Gana,” “Bad Baby,” “Pind Nanke,” “Channa,” “Massi,” and “Dubai Wale Shaikh.”
- According to him, Arjun Rampal is the most annoying celebrity with zero knowledge of acting.
- Gippy was phobic to water but he learnt swimming in order to overcome his phobia.
- His dream is to play the character of Rahul Mehra of Darr (1993) played by Shahrukh Khan.
- He opened “My Dream Academy” to give Punjabi youth a platform to enhance their acting skills as he felt government failed to do so.
- He is one of the few actors who got the chance to represent Punjab in Bollywood.
- Gippy is very fond of dogs.
- His hit song “Angreji Beat” was just prepared in 2 hours in a cafe in Canada. Initially, he wanted to sing ‘Desi Beat’ but Honey Singh suggested him to keep it ‘Angreji Beat.’ Surprisingly, the song was never sung in the studio and its dubbed version was released.
- Gippy borrowed money from his relatives and friends to release his first music album.
- Gangster Dilpreet Singh called him on his Whatsapp asking him for extortion money and threatened Gippy for his life if Gippy failed to meet his demands.