|Real Name||Gurpreet Singh Waraich|
|Political Party||Aam Aadmi Party
|Political Journey||• Gurpreet Singh joined AAP in September 2016 and was named the party convener by the political affairs committee of the party.
• In May 2017, he quit AAP soon after Bhagwant Mann replaced him as Punjab unit Convener.
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 173 cm
in meters- 1.73 m
in Feet Inches- 5’ 8”
|Weight (approx.)||in Kilograms- 71 kg
in Pounds- 157 lbs
|Date of Birth||19 July 1971|
|Age (as in 2017)||46 Years|
|Birth Place||Khokhar Fojian, Gurdaspur, Panjab|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Cancer|
|College||Doaba College, Jalandhar|
|Educational Qualifications||Bachelor of Arts|
|Debut||Acting- Ghuggi began his career with Jalandhar Doordarshan as a Punjabi actor.
Politics- Gurpreet joined Aam Aadmi Party in mid-2016 and was made the party convener replacing Sucha Singh Chhotepur, who allegedly took the bribe in exchange for poll tickets.
|Family||Father- Sardar Gurnam Singh
Mother- Sukhwinder Kaur
Brother- Not Known
Sister- Not Known
|Hobby||Going on Long Drives|
|Favourite Films||PK, A Wednesday|
|Girls, Affairs and More|
|Children||Son- Sukhan Ghuggi
Daughter- Ramneek Ghuggi
|Net Worth (approx.)||INR 1,98,49,907 (as of 2017)|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Gurpreet Ghuggi
- Does Gurpreet Ghuggi smoke: No
- Does Gurpreet Ghuggi drink alcohol: No
- Gurpreet was appointed as an ASI in the Punjab Police Cultural wing in the mid-90s. However, he left the job after he felt he was used more as a singer rather than a real police officer.
- He shifted his focus on comedy under the guidance of comedian Balwinder Vicky, the man who gave him his iconic name Ghuggi.
- Ghuggi initially was a Punjabi actor in Jalandhar Doordarshan, but with time running, he made it to the TV screen with a daily soap Parchhaven and got famous after appearing in the famous standup comedy show The Great Indian Laughter Challange featuring Navjot Singh Sidhu as one of the judges.
- He then became active in the industry with a lot of Punjabi films and some Bollywood films starring him as the lead actor.
- In September 2016, Ghuggi began his political career as a party convener with Aam Aadmi Party, which was founded by Arvind Kejriwal. Some say Congress tried to get him to the party, but he surprised almost everyone with his decision of joining AAP.
- After getting replaced by Bhagwant Mann as the party convener for the Punjab unit in May 2017, Ghuggi quit Aam Aadmi Party and stated: “I cannot work under the leadership of a person who has been appointed on the condition that he will not drink (liquor).”
📢⚡TRENDING: URI is surging to become a Blockbuster, check the salary of Uri actors here⚡