Wife: Sandhya Chakraborty
Marriage Date: 17 April 1990
|Full Name||Dr Lt Col Indrajit Chakraborty|
|Profession||Retired Indian Army officer|
|Famous For||Being the father of actress Rhea Chakraborty|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 177 cm
in meters- 1.77 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 10”
|College/University||Armed Forces Medical College, Pune, Maharashtra|
|Educational Qualification(s)||• MBBS
• Doctor of Medicine
• Gynecology and Obstetrics
|Controversies||• On 28 July 2020, his name, along with his daughter Rhea Chakraborty and son Showik Chakraborty, appeared in an F.I.R. filed by Sushant Singh Rajput’s father Krishna Kumar Singh in Sushnat’s death case at a police station in Bihar.
• On 10 August 2020, Mr. Chakraborty was summoned by the Enforcement Directorate (ED) of India where he was interrogated for more than nine hours along with Rhea Chakraborty and Showik Chakraborty. The Hindu
• After his 24-year-old son, Showik, was arrested by the Narcotics Control Bureau (NCB) under the Narcotic Drugs and Psychotropic Substances (NDPS) Act on 4 September 2020, he issued a statement condemning the arrest of his son, he said, "next on the line' is his daughter, Rhea and he doesn't know who is next thereafter. "Congratulations India, you have arrested my son, I'm sure next on the line is my daughter and I don't know who is next thereafter. You have effectively demolished a middle-class family. But of course, for the sake of justice everything is justified. Jai hind." The Economic Times
|Relationships & More|
|Marriage Date||17 April 1990 (Tuesday)|
|Children||Son- Showik Chakraborty
Some Lesser Known Facts About Indrajit Chakraborty
- Indrajit Chakraborty is the father of the Bollywood actress Rhea Chakraborty. He is a retired army doctor.
- He was born in a Hindu Bengali family.
- He has served as a medical officer in military hospitals for almost thirty years; eleven years as a medical officer, and 18 years as a gynaecologist and administrator.
- He worked as the Medical Superintendent at a Medical College (with 1005 beds) in Karnataka for three years.
- After his retirement for the Indian Army, he joined Mumbai’s Kohinoor Hospital where he worked as a Head of Administration. The owner of Kohinoor Hospital is Manohar Joshi, a Shiv Sena leader and the ex-CM of Maharashtra. Express Healthcare
- Rhea Chakraborty calls Indrajit Chakraborty as “Tiger.”