|Profession(s)||Model, Actor, and VJ|
|Famous For||Being the girlfriend of Late Sushant Singh Rajput|
|Physical Stats & More|
|IMDb Height||in centimeters- 166 cm
in meters- 1.66 m
in feet & inches- 5′ 5¼”
|Eye Colour||Dark Brown|
|Debut||TV, Contestant: TVS Scooty Teen Diva (2009)
TV, Host: Pepsi MTV Wassup (2010)
Film, Actor (Telugu): Tuneega Tuneega (2012)
Film, Actor (Hindi): Mere Dad Ki Maruti (2013)
|Date of Birth||1 July 1992 (Wednesday)|
|Age (as in 2020)||28 Years|
|School||Army Public School Ambala Cantt Wikipedia|
|Religion||Hinduism Times of India|
|Controversy||After almost a month of Sushant Singh Rajput's death, his father, K. K. Singh filed an F.I.R. against Rhea Chakraborty at the Rajiv Nagar police station in Patna on 28 July 2020. Later, a four-member team of Patna Police left for Mumbai to question Rhea and her family members. In the FIR, Mr. K. K. Singh alleged that Sushant was in the complete possession of Rhea, and she had also full control over his finances, including his bank accounts and credit cards. He further said that "Sushant called his sister and told her that Rhea had threatened him to show doctor receipts to the media and would prove him mad. Thereafter, no person would give him work. On June 8 night, Sushant’s secretary Disha committed suicide. Rhea had appointed her as Sushant’s secretary. Later, Rhea blocked Sushant’s number on her cell. Sushant was afraid that Rhea could have made him responsible for his manager’s suicide as she had threatened to frame him in the secretary’s suicide case.” Hindustan Times
Amid growing online campaign fuelled by many conspiracy theories, Sushant Singh’s death case was transferred to the CBI in August 2020. The agency filed a First Information Report (FIR) against Rhea Chakraborty, her brother Showik, common friend Samuel Miranda, and three others. In a statement, the agency said, "CBI has registered a case related to the death of Sushant Singh Rajput on the request of Bihar government and further notification from GoI and taken over the investigation of the case, earlier registered at police station Rajiv Nagar, Patna vide FIR no.241/2020 dated 25-7-2020. The case was registered against six accused and others.” The Economic Times
Later, the Enforcement Directorate (ED) and the Narcotics Control Bureau (NCB) also summoned her for the probe related to Sushant Singh Rajput's death. After a three day of questioning, the Narcotics Control Bureau (NCB) arrested Rhea Chakraborty on 8 September 2020. The Narcotics Control Bureau started its inquiries based on WhatsApp chats retrieved from Rhea Chakraborty's phone, which revealed conversations around procuring drugs, allegedly for Sushant Singh Rajput. The bureau claimed that Dipesh Sawant (a member of Mr Rajput's domestic staff) collected and delivered a total of 165 grams of marijuana between March 2020 and June 2020; on orders from Rhea and Showik Chakraborty.NDTV
After Rhea was booked under Section 27 A of the under the Narcotic Drugs and Psychotropic Substances (NDPS) Act on 8 September 2020, the same day, she appeared before a magistrate's court, which sent her to 14-day judicial custody; she had to spent that night at the NCB office, and the next day, i.e., on 9 Septemeber 2020, she was sent to the Byculla Jail. After her bail plea was rejected by a magistrate’s court, she moved the special court. In her bail plea in the special court, she claimed herself to be innocent and accused the NCB of ‘falsely implicating’ her in the case. Hindustan Times However, the special court also denied her bail request on 11 September 2020. NDTV
|Relationships & More|
|Affairs/Boyfriends||• Aditya Roy Kapur, Actor (Rumoured)
• Sushant Singh Rajput, Actor
|Parents||Father- Indrajit Chakraborty (Indian Army Officer)
Mother- Sandhya Chakraborty
|Siblings||Brother- Showik Chakraborty (Younger)
|Fashion Designer||Neeta Lulla|
|Colour(s)||Black, Red, and White|
|Sport(s)||Biking and Car Racing|
|Destination(s)||Cape Town and London|
|Car Collection||Jeep Compass
Some Lesser Known Facts About Rhea Chakraborty
- Rhea Chakraborty is an Indian film actress and a video jockey.
- She was born in a Hindu Bengali family.
- She has worked as a host in various TV shows, including ‘Pepsi MTV Wassup’ (2009), ‘MTV Gone in 60 seconds’ (2010), and ‘TicTac College Beat’ (2012).
- She has acted in various Bollywood films, including ‘Sonali Cable’ (2014), ‘Half Girlfriend’ (2017), ‘Bank Chor’ (2017), ‘Jalebi’ (2018), and ‘Chehre’ (2020).
- She has featured in various TV commercials including Yepme, Stayfree, and Maruti Suzuki.
- She appeared in Ayushmann Khurrana’s music video, ‘O Heeriye’ in 2013.
- She has featured on the cover of various renowned magazines.
- In 2018, she posted a picture with the famous Bollywood director, Mahesh Bhatt for which netizens started trolling her badly and compared her with Anup Jalota and Jasleen Matharu‘s Jodi. Times of India
- When she was asked about her beauty secret, she said,
I use a lot of Coconut oil. I drink it, I apply it on my face. And I can’t emphasise it enough.”
- She is a die-heart fan of the famous Bollywood actor, Salman Khan.
- Her looks are compared with the Bollywood actress, Genelia D’Souza.
- In an interview, when asked about her relationship with Sushant Singh Rajput, she said,
We’ve been very good friends for many years. I am fond of working towards our shared goals, like starting our new NGO, and travelling. If there is anything else between us or not, this isn’t something that I want to disclose yet.”
- Reportedly, before committing suicide on 14 June 2020, Sushant had made the last phone call to Rhea.
- Here’s an interesting video about Rhea Chakraborty’s biography:
References/Sources: [ + ]