|Full Name||Jaan Kumar Sanu Instagram|
|Real Name||Jayesh Bhattacharya Telegraph India|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 170 cm
in meters- 1.70 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 7”
|Debut||Music Album (Singer): Tomra Shunbe Toh (2002)
Film, Hindi (Singer): Escape from Taliban (2003)
Film, Bengali (Singer): Roktomukhi Neela for the song ‘Shorger Chaabi’ (2019)
|Date of Birth||15 April 1994 (Friday)|
|Age (as of 2020)||26 Years|
|School||Maneckji Cooper Education Trust School in Mumbai Facebook|
|Educational Qualification||Graduation DNA India|
|Hobbies||Sketching and Playing the Guitar|
|Controversy||In October 2020, in a Bigg Boss 14 show, his comments on the Marathi language triggered a row. During the show, he asked Nikki Tamboli not to speak in Marathi with her fellow contestant Rahul Vaidya, Jaan Sanu said, "mereko chid hoti hai." Later, Colors shared a video of his apology. Hindustan Times|
|Relationships & More|
|Parents||Father- Kumar Sanu (Singer)
• Mother- Rita Bhattacharya
• First Stepmother- Mita Bhattacharya IMDb
• Second Stepmother- Saloni
|Siblings||Brother(s)- He has two elder brothers.
• Jesse (Teacher)
• Zicco (Graphic Designer)
• Shannon K (Hollywood Singer)
|Song(s)||“Roja Jaaneman” from ‘Roja’ (1992) and “Ye Kali Raat Jakad Lu” from ‘Goliyon Ki Raasleela Ram-Leela’ (2014)|
|Cartoon Character||Dragon BallZ|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Jaan Sanu
- Jaan Sanu is an Indian playback singer. He is the youngest son of the famous Indian playback singer Kumar Sanu.
- He was born in a Bengali Hindu family of musical background. His grandfather, Pashupati Bhattacharya, was a vocalist & composer, and his maternal grandmother, Neeta, was a singer.
- His name was recorded in the Limca Book of Records for being the youngest singer to release his own music album, ‘Tomra Shunbe Toh’ in 2002.
- He is a trained singer, and at the age of 3, he started his training. After getting his initial training from his maternal grandmother in the Hindustani Classical Music, he underwent training from professionals.
- He did his professional training in various music forms, like Hindustani Classical Music under Rinku Dasgupta & Pandit Ratan Mohan Sharma, Light Bollywood music form under Gautam Mukherjee, Western music under Samantha Edwards, and he was also trained under Pandit Ratan Mohan Sharma who is the nephew of Pt. Jasraj.
- In the 1995 Bollywood film ‘Akele Hum Akele Tum,’ he lent his voice for a song along with his father.
- He has also dubbed for various cartoon characters and has worked as a voice-over artist.
- In 2006, he participated in the TV singing reality show ‘Rin Mera Star Superstar.’
- His cover song ‘Dil Mera Churaya Kyun’ (2016) from the Hindi film ‘Akele Hum Akele Tum’ (1995) got immense popularity.
- He released a song ‘Tu Sandali’ in 2020 that he has dedicated to his maternal grandmother as she died on the same day on which the song was recorded.
- Some media sources wrote his name as Kumar Jaanu, he clarified in one of his Instagram comments that his name was not Jaanu.
- He shared a memory of his childhood, in an interview, he said,
I was three years old but could not speak. But once Ganesh Ji’s aarti was playing in the Ganesh pandal in the temple near our house. My mother was shocked when I sang Jai Ganesh Jai Ganesh on listening to Aarti. It was here that singing started and my parents felt that I was interested in music.”
- He loves music and believes that listening to music is like doing meditation for him.
- Talking about his debut project, he said in an interview,
I have met Ram sir (Ram Kamal Mukherjee) a long time back. He wrote an article on me as a kid. My first album was released when I was eight years old. He took my interview then. I met him again after many years at Nandita aunty’s house where I sang a song. He liked my voice and he offered me to sing this song for the film.”
- He can play almost fifteen musical instruments, including harmonium, tabla, piano, and guitar.
- He is a religious person, and he is the follower of Lord Ganesha.
- He loves dogs and has posted pictures with his pet dog on his social media accounts.
- While talking about the nepotism, in an interview, he said,
My father believes I should get everything on my own. He says if I achieve something on my own, I will appreciate its value. My mother, too, taught me that lesson. My father’s story of how he came into the industry on his own inspires me.”
- As per some media sources, he was one of the confirmed contestants to enter the ‘Bigg Boss’ house in 2020. India Today
References/Sources: [ + ]