Marital Status: Unmarried
Hometown: Amloh, Fatehgarh Sahib
Age: 29 Years
|Full Name||Jagjit Singh Sandhu|
|Profession(s)||Actor, Theatre Artist|
|Famous Role||‘Bhola’ in the Punjabi film “Rupinder Gandhi”
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 178 cm
in meters- 1.78 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 10”
|Eye Colour||Light Brown|
|Debut||Film (Punjabi): Rupinder Gandhi- The Gangster (2015) as 'Bhola'
Web Series: Leila (2019) as 'Rakesh'
|Date of Birth||8 June 1991 (Saturday)|
|Age (as in 2020)||29 Years|
|Birthplace||Himmatgarh Chhanna village, Amloh, Fatehgarh Sahib, Punjab, India|
|Hometown||Himmatgarh Chhanna village, Amloh, Fatehgarh Sahib, Punjab, India|
|College/University||Panjab University, Chandigarh|
|Educational Qualification||M.A. in Theatre
|Hobbies||Dancing and Doing Mimicry|
|Relationships & More|
|Parents||Names Not Known
|Siblings||He has one elder brother.|
|Actor(s)||Kiku Sharda, Harish Verma|
|Actress(es)||Neeru Bajwa, Emma Watson|
|Singer(s)||Gurdas Mann, Manmohan Waris|
|TV Show||Comedy Nights With Kapil|
|Travel Destination(s)||Khajuraho Group of Monuments in Madhya Pradesh, India and Niagara Falls in Canada|
|Car Collection||Maruti Swift
Some Lesser Known Facts About Jagjeet Sandhu
- Jagjeet Sandhu is an Indian actor who mainly works in the Punjabi Film Industry.
- He was born in a lower-middle class family in Himmatgarh Chhanna village, Amloh, Fatehgarh Sahib, Punjab.
- Jagjeet studied at a government school in his village.
- He developed a great interest in acting from a very young age.
- Jagjeet was very naughty in his childhood.
- Due to his naughty nature, his school authorities find him suitable for a role in a play and asked him to join theatre.
- At the age of 7, he joined a theatre group as a child artist in the city of Amloh.
- During his school days, he moved to various villages in Punjab for doing street plays.
- As a child artist, Sandhu used to get paid Rs. 50 for every performance.
- After completing his schooling, Jagjeet moved to Chandigarh to pursue a degree in theatre from Panjab University.
- Due to his family’s poor financial condition, it was difficult for Jagjeet to pay his hostel fee.
- While in college, he actively participated in youth festivals.
- Subsequently, he joined Padma Shri Neelam Mann Singh’s theater group ‘The Company Theater.’
- When Sandhu was in the final year of his college, he bagged a role in the Punjabi film “Rupinder Gandhi.”
- Next, he featured in the Punjabi film “Qissa Panjab.”
- Jagjeet, then, went on to work in many Punjabi films, including “Rabb Da Radio,” “Rocky Mental,” “Sajjan Singh Rangroot,” “Kaka Ji,” “Dakuan Da Munda,” and “Shadda.”
- In 2017, he appeared as ‘Bhola’ in the Punjabi film “Rupinder Gandhi 2: The Robinhood.”
- In 2019, he made his debut as a lead actor in the film “Unni Ikki.”
- Jagjeet received huge popularity for playing the role of ‘Tope Singh’ in Amazon Prime’s web series “Paatal Lok.”
- He is an avid animal lover and loves to play with dogs.
- Jagjeet is very particular about his fitness and he visits the gym daily.
- Sandhu has featured on the cover of the FilmIndia Magazine.
- Jagjeet has also worked in the short film “Fok-E-Singer.”
- He is fascinated with international cinema, especially the European and Iranian cinema.
- The first payment check that he received for his debut film was of Rs. 15000. Jagjeet spent this amount to buy a bike for himself.
- During an interview, Sandhu shared that the first film that his mother ever watched in the theatre was his debut film “Rupinder Gandhi – The Gangster.”
- Jagjeet hates consuming alcohol or smoking. During an interview, he revealed that he has done smoking and drunk alcohol just for the shooting of the films.
References/Sources: [ + ]