Jared Isaacman Height, Age, Wife, Family, Biography & More
|Nickname||Rook Fast Company|
|Profession(s)||Pilot and Businessman|
|Famous For||Being the CEO of Shift4 Payments|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 183 cm
in meters- 1.83 m
in feet & inches- 6’
|Date of Birth||February 11, 1983 (Friday)|
|Age (as of 2021)||38 Years|
|Birthplace||New Jersey, US|
|Hometown||New Jersey, US|
|School||Ridge High School, Bernards Township, New Jersey|
|College/University||Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University, Daytona Beach, Florida, US|
|Educational Qualification||Graduation LinkedIn- Jared Isaacman|
|Relationships & More|
|Children||He has two daughters. (image in wife's section)|
|Parents||Father- Donald Isaacman (chairman at Shift4 Payments)
Mother- Name Not Known
|Siblings||Brother(s)- Tiffany, Marc, and Michael
|Net Worth (as of 2021)||$2.7B Forbes|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Jared Isaacman
- Jared Isaacman is an American entrepreneur and pilot.
- Jared and his best friend Brendan Lauber at the age of 9 started fixing computers at their home. They then decided to use this skill to earn money, and later, they started a small company Deco Systems to provide assistance to computer users.
- Jared started working at a private firm ‘CompUSA’ in the USA in his summer holidays. Later, one of the clients of the company named Mario Parisi who was the owner of Merchant Services International offered him a job in his company. Jared quit his school and started working at Merchant Services International. During an interview, he talked about his school. He said,
I hated high school. I watched my older siblings out in the world and they seemed to be having a much better time than me. I could not wait to be an adult.”
- While working at Merchant Services International, he realised that the process involved in using credit cards for transactions was quite lengthy and expensive. He then decided to make an application software that can make this process easy and affordable.
- Later, he quit his job and started a company in his home’s basement with the name United Bank Card. Thereafter, his father joined the company and helped Jared in getting clients.
- Then, Jared took a loan of $10,000 from his grandfather and convinced a bank to issue him an identification number which is required to sell the credit card terminals. One of his friends Decho also joined him in the company.
- Soon, his business started flourishing, and he made huge profits. First of all, he returned his grandfather’s loan and then started an office in Arizona.
- In 2008, he decided to launch a touchscreen device that could help in combining a cash register and credit card terminal in one device.
- A few years later, he started developing an interest in aviation and decided to learn more about flying jets. After professional training, in 2009, he flew in the fastest around-the-world flight in a light jet from Morristown, New Jersey, via the Azores and Alaska. He completed the journey in 61 hours and 51 minutes, and in the event, he raised a fund of $100,000 which was donated to ‘Make-A-Wish Foundation.’ Forbes
- He then found that if he took professional training and FAA certification, he could fly the US military aircraft. Later, he completed his training and received the FAA certification.
- In 2010, Jared, along with Sean Gustafson (member of the popular Air Force stunt squadron ‘Thunderbirds’ at that time), did an air show “Black Diamond Jet Team” with the help of the retired pilots and trained civilians.
- Later, Jared, along with one of his friends, decided to start an organisation where they can train the new pilots in the US Army. They both then started a company named ‘Draken International’ to provide air services on contract. Jared invested a huge amount in the company to buy fighter jets like Douglas A-4 Skyhawks from New Zealand, Atlas Cheetahs from South Africa, and Aero L-159s from the Czech Republic. Along with his aircraft business, he was also managing his payments app company. In an interview, while talking about it, he said,
All I needed to focus on was buying more fighter jets before others could get their hands on them. Shift4 has always been the greater portion of my time commitment.”
- He acquired one of his previous client’s company MSI for around $250 million in 2014. His one of the major acquisitions was in November 2017 when he acquired ‘Shift4 Payments.’
- A few months later of the acquisition, he signed one of the biggest projects of his company ‘Draken International’ worth $280 million for five years in which he had to train the US Air Force pilots at Nellis.
- Later, he faced problems in his company ‘Shift4 Payments’ and it was about to shut down, but with his hard work, he retained the company.
- In 2018, the Electronic Transactions Association (ETA) listed him in the “Forty Under 40” category. Electran
- He served as a commander in the first civilian spaceflight ‘Inspiration4,’ operated by SpaceX and launched by a Falcon 9 launch vehicle in 2021, and the mission was scheduled on September 15, 2021. During an interview, while talking about the spacecraft, he said,
I certainly hope that in the future, [spaceflight] can be a bunch of buddies going up in space together. That’s the world you want to work towards, where it becomes an everyday thing … As soon as I knew I would have the opportunity to command the first all-civilian mission to space, my mind immediately gravitated towards ways that can be super-symbolic of a step in this direction.”
- In an interview, Jared talked about his inspiration which helped him in achieving sucess. He said,
There was a Forbes article not that long ago where my brother was quoted as saying, “Jared really tries to live his life similar to how you measure the useful fatigue life of an aircraft.” Which is really just an unnecessarily complex way to say, “You just try to maximize the opportunities you have in life.” I certainly like to go out and seek out interesting challenges, and I try to highlight a very worthwhile cause and make a positive impact along the way. It’s hard for me to imagine topping what Inspiration4 sets out to achieve, so I’m going to remain pretty focused on that and then we’ll think about what comes next thereafter.”
View this post on Instagram
- Jared Isaacman loves doing adventure sports.
- Apart from being a businessman and pilot, he is also a social worker and has raised funds for various social activities.
|↑2||LinkedIn- Jared Isaacman|