|Full Name||Jashodaben Narendrabhai Modi|
|Famous For||Being the wife of Narendra Modi|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 158 cm
in meters- 1.58 m
in feet inches- 5’ 2”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms- 50 kg
in pounds- 110 lbs
|Date of Birth||1952|
|Age (as in 2018)||66 Years|
|Educational Qualification||Not Known|
|Political Inclination||Bharitya Janta Party (BJP)|
|Controversies||During the 2014 Lok Sabha elections, she was the center of the topic of discussion in the political circuit. Narendra Modi for the first time officially acknowledged that he is married to her which caused a huge uproar from many political parties. Many alleged that Modi left her and was not good to her, but she cleared the air when in an interview she said that they separated mutually but she wants best for him and doesn't want to be a roadblock in his success.|
|Boys, Affairs, and More|
|Parents||Father- Name Not Known
Mother- Name Not Known
|Siblings||Brothers- 2 (Names Not Known)
Sister- Not Known
|Political Leader||Narendra Modi|
|Net Worth (approx.)||Not Known|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Jashodaben
- She was just 2 when she lost her mother.
- At an infant age of 3, she was engaged with Narendra Modi.
- She was married to Modi Ji when she turned 11 years old.
- Later in 1968, at the age of 16, she married Modi according to her family customs.
- After her marriage, she left her education and came to live with Modi. Though in an interview she stated that Modi always wanted her to complete her education and wanted her to join school again.
- They were together only for 3 months. Modi then separated and wandered in the Himalayas practising Sannyasa.
- She then resumed her education and completed her Secondary School Examination in 1972.
- After two years of separation from Modi, she was again struck with grief when her father died.
- After three years of sannyasa, Modi returned home but left for Ahmedabad to work with his uncle leave Jashodaben behind.
- She then focused on her studies and career. She did her SSC in 1974 and completed her teachers’ training in 1976. She then worked as a teacher in a primary school from 1978-1990.
- After teaching in Banaskantha district for 12 years, she moved to Rajosana village and retired from her job.
- In an interview, she said that she is not in contact with Modi and that she wishes all the success for him.
- Jashodaben lives with her brother in Unjha, Gujarat.
- She came into the limelight only when Modi Ji for the first time acknowledged her as his wife in his affidavit he submitted contesting for the Lok Sabha elections from Vadodara.
- Before the 2014 elections, she took a pledge that she won’t eat rice or anything made with it until he becomes the Prime Minister.
- Even after Modi winning the Prime Ministerial elections in 2014, she didn’t join politics but started doing social work. After his win, she said, “Since it was made compulsory, he admitted to it. After so many years I felt good that he remembered me. I felt very happy on hearing this, why won’t I feel happy… He has never publicly said he was unmarried…. I am his wife and will always remain his wife. I am proud he is my husband. I have experienced the greatest joy that he is PM now. I will go and meet him when the time comes.”
- She was not invited to the swearing-in ceremony of Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
- She has always kept away from much media attention and is a big supporter of BJP. She is an arid social worker and was also part of the protest in the Azad Maidan against the demolition of slums.
- She is a very religious person. After her retirement, she used to spend her days preaching at home or at temples. She preaches Goddess Durga.