|Real Name||Jashodaben Chimanlal|
|Full Name||Jashodaben Narendrabhai Modi|
|Famous For||Being the wife of Narendra Modi|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 158 cm
in meters- 1.58 m
in feet inches- 5’ 2”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms- 50 kg
in pounds- 110 lbs
|Date of Birth||1952|
|Age (as in 2019)||67 Years|
|Birthplace||Brahmanwada, Bombay State (presently Gujarat), India|
|Educational Qualification||Not Known|
|Caste||OBC ( Modh Ghanchi)|
|Controversy||Most of the time different Media houses have mentioned about Narendra Modi's marriage with Jashodaben in a controversial manner; as before filing the nomination for the 2014 Lok Sabha elections, Narendra Modi had never acknowledged Jashodaben as his wife officially.|
|Relationships & More|
|Parents||Father- Chimanlal Modi
Mother- Name Not Known
|Siblings||Brothers- Ashok Modi, Kamlesh Modi
Sister- Not Known
|Salary||₹14,000 (Government Pension)|
|Net Worth||Not Known|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Jashodaben
- She was just 2 when she lost her mother.
- At an infant age of 3, she was engaged with Narendra Modi.
- She was married to Modi when she turned 11 years old.
- Later in 1968, at the age of 16, she married Modi according to her family customs.
- After her marriage, she left her studies and came to live with Modi. Though, in an interview, she stated that Modi always wanted her to complete her education and wanted her to join school again.
- They were together only for 3 months. Modi then separated and wandered in the Himalayas practising Sannyasa.
- She then resumed her studies and completed her Secondary School Examination in 1972.
- After two years of separation from Modi, she was again struck with grief when her father died.
- After three years of sannyasa, Modi returned home but left for Ahmedabad to work with his uncle; leave Jashodaben behind.
- She then focused on her studies and career. She did her SSC in 1974 and completed her teachers’ training in 1976. She then worked as a teacher in a primary school from 1978 to 1990.
- After teaching in Banaskantha district for 12 years, she moved to Rajosana village and retired from her job.
- In an interview, she said that she is not in contact with Modi and that she wishes all the success for him.
- Jashodaben lives with her brother in Unjha, Gujarat.
- She came into the eyes of media only when Modi for the first time acknowledged her as his wife in his affidavit, he submitted contesting for the Lok Sabha elections from Vadodara.
- Before the 2014 elections, she took a pledge that she won’t eat rice or anything made with it until he becomes the Prime Minister.
- She is not very much into the politics, and even after Narendra Modi became the Prime Minister in 2014, she kept herself out of the politics and went on being engaged in social works. After his win, she said,
Since it was made compulsory, he admitted to it. After so many years I felt good that he remembered me. I felt very happy on hearing this, why won’t I feel happy… He has never publicly said he was unmarried…. I am his wife and will always remain his wife. I am proud he is my husband. I have experienced the greatest joy that he is PM now. I will go and meet him when the time comes.”
- She was not invited to the swearing-in ceremony of Narendra Modi as the Prime Minister of India.
- She has always kept away from much media attention and is a big supporter of BJP. She is a devoted social worker and was also part of the protest in the Azad Maidan against the demolition of slums.
📢⚡TRENDING: List of ICC World Cup Winners (1975-2015)
- Here’s an interesting video about Jashodaben’s biography: