|Famous for||Being one of the eight suspected shooters in the Sidhu Moosewala murder case Hindustan Times
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 172 cm
in meters- 1.72 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 8”
|Eye Colour||Dark Brown|
|Date of Birth||Year, 1999|
|Age (as of 2022)||23 Years|
|Birthplace||Pokhari Village, Parner Taluka, Ahmednagar District, Maharashtra|
|Hometown||Pokhari Village, Parner Taluka, Ahmednagar District, Maharashtra|
|Relationships & More|
|Wife/Spouse||Name Not Known|
|Children||He has a daughter.|
|Parents||Father- Sunil Jadhav (died in 2012)
Mother- Sita Sunil Jadhav
|Siblings||He has a younger sister.|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Santosh Jadhav
- Santosh Jadhav is an Indian sharpshooter and history-sheeter. He is a member of the Arun Gawli gang. He is one of the eight suspected shooters involved in the murder of the Punjabi singer and Congress leader Sidhu Moosewala.
- His father died when Jadhav was just 13 years old.
- Following his father’s death, Santosh, along with his family, moved to Manchar in Ambegaon taluka of the Pune district of Maharashtra and got settled there.
- Jadhav’s mother revealed in an interview that Santosh was a generous child. However, after the death of his father, he fell into a bad company and under their influence, started taking drugs. Her mother tried to alter his company but was unsuccessful.
- He has around four criminal cases of different natures registered against him at the Manchar police station.
- In 2019, Jadhav was suspected to be involved in a rape case.
- In August 2021, he was accused of the murder of the gangster Ranya alias Omkar Bankhileand a case was registered against him for the same in the Manchar police station.
- He fled the police custody in 2021 and has since been absconding; Apparently, he left Manchar and moved to Rajasthan when his name surfaced in the Omkar Bankhile murder case. He then went into hiding in Rajasthan, Haryana, and Punjab from where he carried out his operations.
- He has two more cases pending against him in the Manchar police station, including that of obtaining ransom and a case of theft.
- The Punjabi singer and Congress leader Sidhu Moosewala was gunned down on 29 May 2022 at around 5:30 pm in Jawaharke village in the Mansa district of Punjab. Apparently, the shooters fired 40 at Moosewala, and around 7 bullets hit him directly. He passed away within 15 minutes of being shot and there were around 19 wounds on his body. Moosewala was travelling in his Thar jeep along with his friend and cousin when he was attacked by the shooters who were boarding a white Bolero and a dark grey Scorpio.
- Following Moosewala’s murder, the popular gangsters Goldy Brar, Lawrence Bishnoi, and Sachin Bishnoi claimed the responsibility for Sidhu’s murder through Facebook posts.
- During the investigation of the case, the Mansa Police suspected the involvement of two Maharashtra-based shooters. Later, the Pune police after a thorough investigation arrested the sharpshooter Saurav Mahakal. While interrogating Mahakal, the police came across the involvement of another gangster named Santosh Jadhavin Sidhu’s murder case.
- Talking about Jadhav, during a media conversation, the superintendent of Pune Police Abhinav Deshmukh said,
The Pune police officials on Monday spoke with Mansa police, who believe Jadhav is likely to be among the shooters involved in Moosewala’s murder. The Punjab Police is probing the case and we will provide any help needed.”
He also said that Santosh has been working for Lawrence Bishnoi for a while and was accused of another offence at Gangapur in Rajasthan along with the members of the Bishnoi gang.
- Later, a lookout notice was issued against Jadhav by the Punjab Police. They also circulated his photograph.
- Soon after his name popped up in the Moosewala murder case, he briefly moved to Pune before eventually fleeing to Nepal.
- During interrogation, the Indian sharpshooter Sourav Mahakal revealed that Santosh was in Pune before the Punjab Police had circulated his pictures.
- While talking to a media person, Santosh’s mother said that she had last met her son around a year and a half ago. She also said that she did not support her son’s criminal activities and that if her son was involved in the murder of Sidhu Moosewala, he should have been handed to the police.
- In another interview, Jadhav’s mother sought sympathy for his son and said,
No one becomes a criminal without a reason, it is only when certain injustices happen to him, he chooses the world of crime.
- As per some sources, Santosh Jadhav has received advanced weapon training.
- In 2022, Santosh Jadhav was also suspected to be involved in the Salman Khan threat letter case. Later, the Mumbai Police found out that there was no direct link between Jadhav and Salman Khan’s case. Talking about it in a media conversation, a Mumbai Police official said,
Bishnoi gang member Mahakal, shooter Santosh Jadhav have no link with Salman Khan threat letter case. They are not the suspects in this case.”