|Profession||Stand-up Comedian, YouTuber|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 180 cm
in meters- 1.80 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 11”
|Debut||YouTube: Dad,Savings aur Milk (2017)
|Age (as of 2020)||31 Years|
|Hometown||Amritsar, Punjab, India|
|School||Sri Guru Harkrishan Public School, Amritsar|
|College/University||Guru Nanak Dev University, Amritsar|
|Educational Qualification||Bachelor of Technology in Computer Science (2007 - 2011) LinkedIn|
|Food Habit||Non-Vegetarian Instagram
|Hobby||Riding the Bike|
|Relationships & More|
|Marriage Date|| 11 December 2016 (Sunday)
|Parents||Father- Name Not Known (Banker)
Mother- Name Not Known
|Siblings||Brother- Harpreet Singh (elder brother)
|Comedian(s)||Abhishek Upmanyu, Sumit Anand, Louis C.K., Kevin Hart|
|Travelling Destination(s)||• Gold Coast, Australia
• Shillong, Meghalaya
|Car Collection||Maruti Suzuki Alto
|Bike Collection||Royal Enfield Bullet
Some Lesser Known Facts About Jaspreet Singh
- Jaspreet Singh is an Indian stand-up comic who is known for his innocent looks and sharp observational skills. His content is mostly based on his personal stories.
- Since childhood, Jaspreet loved listening to cassettes of famous Indian comedians such as Bhagwant Mann and Johnny Lever. In the 6th standard, he wrote in someone’s slam book that he wanted to be a comedian. According to Jaspreet, he didn’t know anything about stand-up then, and he just wanted to make people laugh.
- He was very active on stage during his college days. He did theatre, wrote scripts, and was a part of his college’s Bhangra dance group. This is where he realized his love for the stage.
- Before becoming a full-time stand-up comic, Jaspreet worked as a software engineer at Samsung Research Institute, Noida, Uttar Pradesh from September 2011 to April 2015 where he was first introduced to stand-up comedy by one of his friends. Later, he joined Sapient, Gurgaon (an American IT company) as a Senior Associate and worked there from April 2015 to January 2018. During this time, he started his career in comedy.
- Jaspreet struggled a lot at the beginning of his career. Once he performed in front of 7 people as only 7 people had turned up, and he killed it for 85 minutes.
- He has done 700+ shows (as of 2020) and performed in over 60 cities in India, the USA, Australia, United Kingdom, Vietnam, Qatar, and U.A.E. He has sold more than 23K tickets (combined; as of 2020) of his solo shows “Tu Toh Chup Hi Reh” and “Koi Load Nahi”.
- He is the third Indian stand-up comic to perform in Dublin, Ireland, where he received a standing ovation.
- In an interview, he mentioned that he left his first corporate job for the sake of paranthas. He was having odd shifts, and one day (during his 6 am to 2 pm shift), he got hungry at around 8 am, he and went outside to eat paranthas but since it was a public holiday, there was no one there. He then realized that it was not worth working there as he was not getting enough time for himself.
- On being asked about his favorite genre of comedy that he likes to perform, he said,
Merko comedy real life wali karni achi lagti hai. Jo bhi main bolun log kahe ki haan ye ho sakta hai. Meri problem hai I cannot write fiction, main jinte bhi jokes karta hun and stories karta hun unka meri life se koi na koi connection hota hai. Toh usme do genre aate hai anecdoctal and observational aur mera content dono ka thoda mix sa hai.”
- When he uploaded his first video, he just wanted 1 lakh views so that he had something to show to the corporate clients. But that video went viral, and he became popular overnight. Later, the video went on to have more than 10 million views on YouTube.
- He is often criticized for making jokes about his family. Once, he responded to that by saying he came from a very funny family who all make fun of each other and they all know how to take a joke. He also credits his family for his sense of humor.
- Jaspreet Singh has a podcast titled “Thoda Chill Thoda Grill” on the Gaana app. He also has a show on YouTube titled “Jassi Doesn’t Like It.”